X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daleyb
    • Mar 2016

SBT remote

Hi all

A couple of years ago I bought a small remote for my SBT. (see link) think I got it from Fleabay or Bezos Store..

Anyway ..it longer works. .Don't get me wrong, I like many of use my Phone or tablet. But find I like one setting up New Internet provider and get things "talking" to each other again! There also nice if the battery on Phone/Tablet go.

Before you ask...No I've not drop it, it has new batteries too...just a bit disappointed it didn't last longer. I also like it Because it doesn't from stikieitus , Like the box ready ones!

Your experiences of these are welcome...
  • bpa
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by daleyb
    Hi all

A couple of years ago I bought a small remote for my SBT. (see link) think I got it from Fleabay or Bezos Store..

Anyway ..it longer works. .Don't get me wrong, I like many of use my Phone or tablet. But find I like one setting up New Internet provider and get things "talking" to each other again! There also nice if the battery on Phone/Tablet go.

Before you ask...No I've not drop it, it has new batteries too...just a bit disappointed it didn't last longer. I also like it Because it doesn't from stikieitus , Like the box ready ones!

Your experiences of these are welcome...
    Have you checked the remote with a digital camera/phone - as they can "see" infrared
    A few user have reported the IR sensor on their Touch failed - so first confirm whether problem in remote or Touch.

Comment

• nicklouse
      • Feb 2009

You might find that it is not the remote but the SBT. I have the same issue with my SBT it will not respond to the SB remote. The remote will work my Radio and SB3.
      "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."

Comment

• nicklouse
        • Feb 2009

Actually have a read of this thread. Seems like a power pack replacement might be a starting point.

"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."

Comment

• daleyb
          • Mar 2016

Yep, Defo the sensor in the SBT. I tried the camera trick (Forgot that one..) and it worked also Brand new remote Dont work either on SBT.

I am thinking thats it then, there nothing I can do..??

Comment

• nicklouse
            • Feb 2009

Yep, Defo the sensor in the SBT. I tried the camera trick (Forgot that one..) and it worked also Brand new remote Dont work either on SBT.

New power supply. Try it.

Comment

• nicklouse
              • Feb 2009

I have just plugged my power supply from my SB3 into my Touch and the remote works again.

Won’t be ordering a new PS for the touch as I have not actually used it for years.

Comment

Working...