Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4

    Integration GH/Harmony Hub/LMS(max2play)

    Hello

    I have in my house several speakers on the walls of different rooms. Those speakers are connected to rapsberry pi using a hifiberry amp with Max2play distrib.

    The max2play distib provides squeezbox server/LMS features.

    I would like to commanad those LMS with Google Home. Unfortunately it seems GH doesn't communicate with IP speakers. Even if my LMS are discovered with openhab, GH don't find them.

    I found an harmony hub, and I tried to connect the LMS but the search function doesn't find them.

    Do you have a solution to connect LMS to GH ?
    Do you know how I can connect my LMS to the hub ?

    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Jeremy

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    3,591
    Google Home devices offer Chromecast ... so try with the LMS Chromecast Bridge plugin.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    3,591
    Apologies ... I did not read carefully enough.

    You want to control LMS via GH ... not play to GH from LMS.

    Pretty sure that there is a documented way to do that ... but will need some searching to find it... I'll look now.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    3,591
    The OpenHAB / Google Assistant integration described on the OpenHAB site does not offer media control
    https://www.openhab.org/docs/ecosyst...gle-assistant/
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    3,591
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Thanks for your prompt answer and search.

    I'll have a look on the link you gave.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by microgolgi View Post
    Thanks for your prompt answer and search.

    I'll have a look on the link you gave.
    Hi there,

    I am trying to do exactly the same. I would love to be able to control my devices with Google Assistant. I am also using Max2Play but decided today to install hassio on a dedicated Pi and try to follow guidances from https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ayers&p=917391 and https://github.com/ynot123/LMS_Controls. But I got quickly discouraged when reading further: opening port, Dyndnsn, edit config files, ...

    I would love to hear your feedback.
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    Hi there,

    I am trying to do exactly the same. I would love to be able to control my devices with Google Assistant. I am also using Max2Play but decided today to install hassio on a dedicated Pi and try to follow guidances from https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ayers&p=917391 and https://github.com/ynot123/LMS_Controls. But I got quickly discouraged when reading further: opening port, Dyndnsn, edit config files, ...

    I would love to hear your feedback.
    Unfortunately, I faced the same issue than you few weeks ago with Hassio.

    I'm now thinking to buy a VSSL a.3. Quite expensive but it's plug and play and compatible with GH natively.

    If I found a simple solution with my LMS and hifiberry boards, I'll rethink about it but for the moment, I don't see simple solution to use my wall speakers.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by microgolgi View Post
    Unfortunately, I faced the same issue than you few weeks ago with Hassio.

    I'm now thinking to buy a VSSL a.3. Quite expensive but it's plug and play and compatible with GH natively.

    If I found a simple solution with my LMS and hifiberry boards, I'll rethink about it but for the moment, I don't see simple solution to use my wall speakers.
    That's sad that LMS is not easliy integrated with GA. It's really the missing part of my setup.
    Was wondering if there was not an easier way via that paid service: Nabu Casa.
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    That's sad that LMS is not easliy integrated with GA. It's really the missing part of my setup.
    Was wondering if there was not an easier way via that paid service: Nabu Casa.
    Yes it will probably work but i don't want a paid service I have to paid every month or every year.
    The thing with opehab and LMS, that's free. With Max2play, you can purchase the licence for 5 years.
    With the VSSL, you bought it once and then every thing is free.

    I'll try to see if something is moving in Max2play/hifiberry side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •