Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Controlled stop

jvromans@squirrel.nl

Controlled stop

Hi,

Is there a way to tell LMS to finish playing the current track, and then
    stop (i.e., not proceed with the next entry in the queue/playlist)?

Sleep at end of track perhaps - not quite the same but close.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by jvromans@squirrel.nl View Post
    Hi,

I am certain this is not what you are looking for, but I posted about a convoluted way to to do tasks like this, just a few months ago:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post989577

In that post, I mentioned using a named pipe to send commands to the LMS CLI, but it would also be feasible to use the command line utility, Squeezy. The challenge is finding an effective way to monitor what's playing and respond to changes.

At the end of an evening, I frequently add a silent file to my playlist that is tagged with the title "[Command] stop group all". When my LMS monitor sees that title is now playing, it knows to send a stop command to the group player named AllPlayers.

It's not pretty, elegant, or efficient. But it does the job.
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    I am certain this is not what you are looking for
    OP hasn't described what he means by "a way to tell LMS" (interactively? API? etc.), which would have been helpful to understand the use case.

The challenge is finding an effective way to monitor what's playing and respond to changes.
    LMS Event Trigger can do this.
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    LMS Event Trigger can do this.
    Indeed, I mentioned it in the post linked in my comment. (And thanks, by the way, for your input in that thread.)
    LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players, occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by jvromans@squirrel.nl View Post
    In my experience the problem here is that the "clear playlist" button also stops playing the current track. That seems counter intuitive (and also not very useful). Usually one wants to clear the current playlist and queue up something new first, and only then stop playing what's playing now.

IMO the "clear playlist" button/command should only remove the upcoming tracks, but let the current track finish playing.