Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by barrymcl View Post
    Yes, still no sign of squeezeboxserver in the service manager listing. Many thanks for your assistance thus far... I'll try to tap the expertise of some openSUSE gurus elsewhere, and will post an update here if I make any progress. Like you, I'm in the "able to get by, but out of my depth when things go a bit wrong" category of users, but your success has convinced me that it can't be an insurmountable problem.
    Will be interested to hear how you go!

FYI I'm experimenting with docker a little bit, for LMS and another application I'm working with.

If you're unfamiliar, docker lets LMS run in its own container with everything it needs self-contained. This should mean no issues with perl versions, no general weirdness like you've got just now, and the docker container is an official thing, so support may be easier as there are more users.
    Docker does of course have its own issues, but this sort of containerisation looks to be the future....

Quote Originally Posted by agt View Post
    Will be interested to hear how you go!

FYI I'm experimenting with docker a little bit, for LMS and another application I'm working with.

If you're unfamiliar, docker lets LMS run in its own container with everything it needs self-contained. This should mean no issues with perl versions, no general weirdness like you've got just now, and the docker container is an official thing, so support may be easier as there are more users.
    Docker does of course have its own issues, but this sort of containerisation looks to be the future....
    I've heard of docker, but haven't done any reading about it... I'm certainly interested in any stable sandbox-type applications that would make LMS more update-proof, so let me know how it works out for you.