Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Ah, yes, you're right. KidsPlay offers only JVC remote buttons and Radio/Boom hw buttons. The approach taken in KidsPlay for the latter didn't work for me.

I have got the Boom buttons working, though. There's a ButtonRatings v0.2 now. I'll have to go find my SB Radio in the basement sometimes.

I think adding executing CLI commands shouldn't be too much of a trouble. What would be the API to call? Is there something like $client->fireCliCommandString()? I'll have a look.

KidsPlay also lets you run system commands on the server. I'm not sure I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by flipflip View Post
    I think adding executing CLI commands shouldn't be too much of a trouble. What would be the API to call? Is there something like $client->fireCliCommandString()? I'll have a look.
    Slim::Control::Request::executeRequest or $client->execute

You will find sample usage in a lot of places in LMS source code.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Ratings Light stopped working since v1.6.1

Hi,

Since Ratings Light upgraded to v1.6.1 is not working anymore on my system (piCorePlayer + LMS 8.1.1 on a RaspberryPi 3B).
    Can't see anything in the server.log, only the message "Plugin failed to load" in configurations Plugins page.

Any way to debug the issue?
    Also, is previous version available somewhere to download?

Thanks

EDIT: Managed to get the plugin messages from the log.

Code:
    [21-03-02 21:28:03.2556] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (241) Loading plugin: RatingsLight
    [21-03-02 21:28:03.3460] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin] failed to load:
    Experimental push on scalar is now forbidden at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 2345, near "$thisdir)"
    BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 2502.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 957) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 957) line 1.

[21-03-02 21:28:03.3568] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin
    [21-03-02 21:28:03.3575] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (374) Adding HTML directory: [/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/HTML]
    Last edited by Iņigo; 2021-03-02 at 13:34. Reason: Managed to get the plugin messages from the log

Quote Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
    Hi,

Since Ratings Light upgraded to v1.6.1 is not working anymore on my system (piCorePlayer + LMS 8.1.1 on a RaspberryPi 3B).
    Can't see anything in the server.log, only the message "Plugin failed to load" in configurations Plugins page.

Any way to debug the issue?
    Also, is previous version available somewhere to download?

Thanks

EDIT: Managed to get the plugin messages from the log.

Code:
    [21-03-02 21:28:03.2556] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (241) Loading plugin: RatingsLight
    [21-03-02 21:28:03.3460] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin] failed to load:
    Experimental push on scalar is now forbidden at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 2345, near "$thisdir)"
    BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 2502.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 957) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 957) line 1.

[21-03-02 21:28:03.3568] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin
    [21-03-02 21:28:03.3575] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (374) Adding HTML directory: [/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/HTML]
    Thanks for the additional log messages. That's always very helpful.
    I don't run LMS on pi/pCP. So that message didn't come up on my test system.
    I've made some changes that should get rid of this error. It's part of 1.7.0 - which I wanted to publish later because there's still a small error.

Please try 1.7.0 and let me know if RL is working now. Otherwise let me know which was the last version that worked for you and I'll add it to the repo.

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Please try 1.7.0 and let me know if RL is working now. Otherwise let me know which was the last version that worked for you and I'll add it to the repo.
    Thanks!
    Version 1.7.0 works.

Automatic Rating

I'm using Ratings Light as a replacement for Trackstat as this plugin is a to heavy for my purpose and is also no longer supported. I was wondering if there is a possibility to set a pre-defined rating for songs which haven't been rating yet and get this pre-defined rating once they have been played. This way I can use the manual rating only for songs I don't like or like very much. Further all my songs get rated once they have been played once so I can get to the songs which haven't been played yet. Maybe this is not the purpose for this plugin or there are better ways to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by mvn2009 View Post
    I'm using Ratings Light as a replacement for Trackstat as this plugin is a to heavy for my purpose and is also no longer supported. I was wondering if there is a possibility to set a pre-defined rating for songs which haven't been rating yet and get this pre-defined rating once they have been played. This way I can use the manual rating only for songs I don't like or like very much. Further all my songs get rated once they have been played once so I can get to the songs which haven't been played yet. Maybe this is not the purpose for this plugin or there are better ways to do this.
    You're right, this is not really the purpose of this plugin and also maybe a bit too complicated a solution for what you're trying to achieve.
    I think play count and (smart) playlists is the way to go here.

To keep track of which songs you have or haven't played yet you're better off using the play count value. It's stored in the LMS persistent database and survives rescans unless the file path is changed.
    You can create smart playlists with the SQLplaylist plugin that contain only tracks that haven't been played yet or maybe a mix of X% played songs and Y% songs not played yet. You have a lot of options there.
    I use the Dynamic Playlist plugin to handle my smart playlists.

That being said, I might include an option "all tracks (default)/ never played before / been played before" in some of the Dynamic Playlist smart playlists that come with RL. I'll probabaly be a bit stretched for time in the weeks to come so it might take a while. Let me know if you're interested.
    Last edited by afriend; 2021-03-06 at 14:12.

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    You're right, this is not really the purpose of this plugin and also maybe a bit too complicated a solution for what you're trying to achieve.
    I think play count and (smart) playlists is the way to go here.

To keep track of which songs you have or haven't played yet you're better off using the play count value. It's stored in the LMS persistent database and survives rescans unless the file path is changed.
    You can create smart playlists with the SQLplaylist plugin that contain only tracks that haven't been played yet or maybe a mix of X% played songs and Y% songs not played yet. You have a lot of options there.
    I use the Dynamic Playlist plugin to handle my smart playlists.

That being said, I might include an option "all tracks (default)/ never played before / been played before" in some of the Dynamic Playlist smart playlists that come with RL. I'll probabaly be a bit stretched for time in the weeks to come so it might take a while. Let me know if you're interested.
    Thanks for explaining and pointing me in the right direction! The option sounds interesting to me so if you see possibilities to implement I would appreciate that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mvn2009 View Post
    Thanks for explaining and pointing me in the right direction! The option sounds interesting to me so if you see possibilities to implement I would appreciate that for sure.
    In v1.8.0 all (but one) Dynamic Playlist smart playlists will have an option to play all/play/unplayed songs. And there are some Don't Stop The Music mixes for unplayed tracks as well.
    If you want a smart playlist where you can actually choose the percentage of played/unplayed songs you could use this "un-played" playlist. Just put it the playlist folder of the SQL Playlist plugin, maybe restart LMS and use it with the Dynamic Playlist plugin.

Ratings Light v1.8.0 plugin failed to load

Hi.

After attempting to install the "Ratings Light" v.1.8.0 plugin, the "Active Plugins" section of the Plugins tab on LMS shows Ratings Light (v.1.8.0) in the "Name" Column, while the "Enable" column shows an unchecked box, and the "Description" column shows "Plugin failed to load."

The LMS server log shows:

Code:
    [21-03-12 14:23:51.3675] main::init (389) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.1.2, 1614990085, Sat Mar  6 02:41:13 CET 2021) perl 5.032000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [21-03-12 14:23:53.7442] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin] failed to load:
    Experimental keys on scalar is now forbidden at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 1703.
    Type of arg 1 to keys must be hash or array (not private variable) at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 1703, near "$libraries) "
    BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 3433.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 948) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 948) line 1.

[21-03-12 14:23:53.7495] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (323) Error: Couldn't load Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin
    [21-03-12 14:28:03.1140] main::init (389) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.1.2, 1614990085, Sat Mar  6 02:41:13 CET 2021) perl 5.032000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [21-03-12 14:28:04.7922] Slim::bootstrap::tryModuleLoad (286) Warning: Module [Plugins::RatingsLight::Plugin] failed to load:
    Experimental keys on scalar is now forbidden at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 1703.
    Type of arg 1 to keys must be hash or array (not private variable) at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 1703, near "$libraries) "
    BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/RatingsLight/Plugin.pm line 3433.
    Compilation failed in require at (eval 944) line 1.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 944) line 1.
    On my rpi4 I'm running Logitech Media Server (server only, not a player) Version: 8.1.2 - 1614990085 @ Sat Mar 6 02:41:13 CET 2021

I tried checking the "Enable" box and rebooting LMS, but that didn't work.

Any help appreciated.