Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by Wojtulek View Post
    I have only 50 cd which are already rated. Plus some tracks from my favourite albums on Tidal.
    Is it possible to export ratings to external services like last.fm or allmusic? Or maybe integration should be bideraractional and I should rate tracks/albums eg in last.fm (i prefer it over allmusic)?
    Ok there is only rating on Allmusic for album and "hearts" on last.fm for tracks... LMS has the best rating system then (Roon users are still waiting for "starts" - they started asking for it 5y ago or so....)
    Rating in LMS and Ratings Light is only about rating tracks that part of your LMS library (local and online, RL FAQ for more details).
    I've never considered syncing track ratings to online services, and I don't think I will. Most of them, as you saw, now use some kind of binary like/heart system, and I prefer the 5-star scale. The most important reason is simply that I would not have the time to keep RL compatible with possible (API) changes of the various music streaming providers and other online services in the long run, even if they supported 5-star ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wojtulek View Post
    I guess I can do it somehow for my ripped cd and persist it to files - as I remember there is a tag related to rating?...
    Unfortunately, there is no universal rating tag supported by all music file formats across different music players. Otherwise, LMS (and RL) would import and use this already. Yes, you have the POPM tag for ID3-tagged music files like mp3 or wav. But already with mp4/aac/alac and flac it starts to get problematic because there are no universally accepted tag names for ratings. So if you want to store your rating values in your music files, you have to choose a tag field that you don't use otherwise and one that is scanned and imported by LMS.
    Ratings Light does not and will not include a file scanner (like CustomTag). RL reads rating values from file tags that have been scanned and imported by LMS and that are therefore already part of the LMS database. You can make RL search the BPM tag or comment tag of your tracks in the LMS database and convert BPM values or keywords in the comment tags into rating values.

Hello,
    I have a folder in my playlist folder where I have older backups from RatingsLight. When I tell it to backup or export I don't see any new files there. Where would these backup files be located? I doubt that anything happens at all because RatingsLight tells me after 0 seconds that the task is completed. So I suspect nothing is happening at all.
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

Quote Originally Posted by streifenleopard View Post
    Hello,
    I have a folder in my playlist folder where I have older backups from RatingsLight. When I tell it to backup or export I don't see any new files there. Where would these backup files be located? I doubt that anything happens at all because RatingsLight tells me after 0 seconds that the task is completed. So I suspect nothing is happening at all.
    Works for me (RL 2.1.2, LMS 8.3 and 8.2).
    Since you didn't provide your OS, LMS & RL versions or any RL related error or warning messages from the server log, I'd have to guess.
    You mentioned some time ago, a couple of posts earlier, that you'd lost all of your LMS ratings for some reason. RL will not write a backup file unless it finds at least 1 rated track (what would be the point?). You could check: rate a track in LMS and then create a RL backup.
    Also maybe check the location of your RL folder (i.e. its parent folder) in the RL settings, just in case you've changed the default value (LMS playlist folder).

Quote Originally Posted by AF1 View Post
    Works for me (RL 2.1.2, LMS 8.3 and 8.2).
    Since you didn't provide your OS, LMS & RL versions or any RL related error or warning messages from the server log, I'd have to guess.
    You mentioned some time ago, a couple of posts earlier, that you'd lost all of your LMS ratings for some reason. RL will not write a backup file unless it finds at least 1 rated track (what would be the point?). You could check: rate a track in LMS and then create a RL backup.
    Also maybe check the location of your RL folder (i.e. its parent folder) in the RL settings, just in case you've changed the default value (LMS playlist folder).
    Hi and thanks for your reply.
    I just updated my signature and would like to state that I am on LMS 8.1 on a RPI3plus, RL version I don't know, it's not listed in the plugins section of Material Skin. I have a lot of rated tracks that also display accordingly.
    The location of my playlist folder is ok and working (judging by playlist accessibility). I had restored my ratings from the original playlist I had created in Musicbee.
    RPI 3+ with LMS 8.2.0 -- RPI 2 with a Hifiberry DAC+ running PiCorePlayer -- SBR running Firmware 8.0 -- Plugins: Material Skin, MAI, Podcasts, Musik - folge mir, Squeezelite-X, Ratings Light, Exclude Folders -- DSM 6.2.2 (Synology Disk Station 115) has my music

Hi and thanks for your reply.
    I just updated my signature and would like to state that I am on LMS 8.1 on a RPI3plus, RL version I don't know, it's not listed in the plugins section of Material Skin. I have a lot of rated tracks that also display accordingly.
    The location of my playlist folder is ok and working (judging by playlist accessibility). I had restored my ratings from the original playlist I had created in Musicbee.
    Material Skin should display the plugin version after its name on the LMS settings plugins page.
    Please do check your server log for any RL related server log messages.

P.S. I'd really be interested to take a look at your persist.db database file. Maybe you could make that available to me. Thanks.
    Last edited by AF1; 2022-04-03 at 08:04.

Quote Originally Posted by AF1 View Post
    Material Skin should display the plugin version after its name on the LMS settings plugins page.
    Please do check your server log for any RL related server log messages.
    I do not seem to have a server.log. At least I cannot find one in WinSCP.

I do not seem to have a server.log. At least I cannot find one in WinSCP.
    Check PM.

Ratings Light now working with iPeng
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬