Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    There is alot of name confusion and overlay name confusion with hifiberry.

The original DAC+ Boards are pcm512x based boards.
    The new DAC2 based boards are pcm1292a based boards. The boards need different drivers.

To add to the confusion when the DAC2 first came out, they called it the DAC+HD......and thus the overlay in the kernel is
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd

They have since dropped the product name DAC+HD, and now have DAC2HD and DAC2 Pro, however the kernel driver and overlay still carry the old naming. I have changed the naming in the pCP7 development, but I made it after I posted the 7.0.0beta6.

Look at your card carefully, look at the DAC chip, you should see a pcmxxxxx number on the chip. What is the numbers on your DAC chip. If it is truely the newer generation DAC2 cards, then for pCP6.1.0 and the pCP7.0.0b6, you will want to select "HiFiBerry DAC+ HD" from the list. And that should put dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd in the config.txt
    Paul,

I took a look---needed a decent magnifying glass to see those tiny letters/numbers. The Dac chip is a Burr Brown PCM 5122.

FWIW, the board also says HW 1.0. It does appear there are two clock chips.....one says "22.5792 and BOXAA", the other chip only says "BOYJO" (no numbers).

I'm just flailing here because I have no technical knowledge, but a couple lines in the DMESG seem to indicate some issue with the clock(s)?

[ 4.214518] clk-hifiberry-dacpro clocks:dacpro_osc: Fail to register clock driver
    [ 4.214536] clk-hifiberry-dacpro: probe of clocks:dacpro_osc failed with error -17
    Last edited by rgro; 2020-11-30 at 21:50.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.0 - 1608700893 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

I had also put in a help request on the Hifiberry support forum. I just received this reply:

"Looks like you're using the wrong driver. The correct overlay is

dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd"

So, if that is the case, is it possible for me to fix that in piCoreplayer???
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

DACBerry ONE+ DAC HAT and piCorePlayer support

Hello, bit out of topic, sorry. Is the driver for this cool DAC Hat from OSA Electronics (Spain) be likely to be (ever) impemented in piCorePlayer?

DACBerry ONE+

Some info there:

https://www.osaelectronics.com/produ...erry-one-plus/

https://www.osaelectronics.com/learn...k-start-guide/

https://www.osaelectronics.com/learn...series-boards/

rgro, select "HiFiBerry DAC+ HD" from the list. And that should put dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd in the config.txt
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

rgro, select "HiFiBerry DAC+ HD" from the list. And that should put dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplushd in the config.txt
    Paul,

O.K....will give it a try. After selection and save/reboot, would I then use "hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry"?
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by seekasoul View Post
    Hello, bit out of topic, sorry. Is the driver for this cool DAC Hat from OSA Electronics (Spain) be likely to be (ever) impemented in piCorePlayer?

DACBerry ONE+

Some info there:

https://www.osaelectronics.com/produ...erry-one-plus/

https://www.osaelectronics.com/learn...k-start-guide/

https://www.osaelectronics.com/learn...series-boards/
    The instructions for moOde and OSMC say to use the HiFiBerry DAC+ profile and so my guess would be that it would probably work with selecting HiFiBerry DAC+ with piCorePlayer. (you should really have started a new thread for this).

Maybe a bit of progress, as the "card created with 8 channels" in DMESG wasn't seen in previous attempts. However still getting the "[Error] Squeezelite not running" message when configured with HifiBerry Dac+ HD and "hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry". Not sure if the "pcm179x-hifi" reference is to the dac chip but, if so, that seems incorrect.

Here are is the last bit of DMESG:

[ 3.309228] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
    [ 3.358697] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
    [ 4.301207] snd_bcm2835: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
    [ 4.305514] dachd-clk: probe of 1-0062 failed with error -121
    [ 4.335903] bcm2835_audio soc:audio: card created with 8 channels
    [ 4.341748] pcm179x 1-004c: No cache used with register defaults set!
    [ 4.347036] pcm512x 1-004d: Linked as a consumer to regulator.1
    [ 4.355279] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplushd soc:sound: pcm179x-hifi <-> fe203000.i2s mapping ok
    [ 4.355294] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplushd soc:sound: ASoC: no DMI vendor name!
    [ 4.511947] bcmgenet: Skipping UMAC reset
    [ 4.582463] bcmgenet fd580000.genet: configuring instance for external RGMII (no delay)
    [ 4.586760] Starting piCorePlayer v6.1.0 startup.
    [ 5.598287] bcmgenet fd580000.genet eth0: Link is Down
    [ 9.694279] bcmgenet fd580000.genet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
    [ 25.351840] random: sshd: uninitialized urandom read (32 bytes read)
    [ 25.386486] random: squeezelite: uninitialized urandom read (32 bytes read)
    [ 25.447627] Finished piCorePlayer v6.1.0 startup.
    [ 83.189362] random: squeezelite: uninitialized urandom read (32 bytes read)
    [ 191.198221] random: crng init done
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------

Normally this is the key line to that shows success.

[ 4.355279] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplushd soc:sound: pcm179x-hifi <-> fe203000.i2s mapping ok

The 8 channel audio is referring to the onboard audio. To avoid confusion in statements, you can disable the internal rpi audio. As for squeezelite running or not..... every time you change a driver, you need to check the output field on the squeezelite page. Expand the more> to see what is recognized.

Normally this is the key line to that shows success.

The 8 channel audio is referring to the onboard audio. To avoid confusion in statements, you can disable the internal rpi audio. As for squeezelite running or not..... every time you change a driver, you need to check the output field on the squeezelite page. Expand the more> to see what is recognized.
    With HifiBerry DAC+ HD selected as Audio Output, there was no change in what is recognized in Squeezelite settings/output setting options...it is still this:

null
    plugequal
    equal
    sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1
    hw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=2
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=1
    plughw:CARD=ALSA,DEV=2
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------

I would try the hifiberryOS as a test, If you have bad hardware, they are going to ask you to do this step anyway.

Also, can you test your pi4 with another DAC hat?