Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    It should be fine, but then I'm not sure why 6.1 doesn't work with that card. Perhaps there was a patch made in later kernels than pcp 6.1 uses.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    It should be fine, but then I'm not sure why 6.1 doesn't work with that card. Perhaps there was a patch made in later kernels than pcp 6.1 uses.
    O.K., thanks. A bit strange that this hasn't, yet, come up for anyone else. But, if it does, at least there's a solution out there, now.

I guess if the official release doesn't work, I can always go back to this beta.....but, I suspect you're right in that the official 7.0 will be fine.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: RPI4B/PiCorePlayer/LMS> RPI4B/piCoreplayer/Squeezelite > USB>RME ADI-2 DAC > Benchmark AHB2 > Revel Performa F208 speakers, 2X REL R-305 subs.

Home Theatre: RPI4 B/HifiBerry Dac+ Pro>Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1.

LMS 8.1.0 - 1608700893 on RPI4B with 1tb Samsung T5 SSD.

I've had the same issue and PCP 7 beta 6 fixed it for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake72 View Post
    I've had the same issue and PCP 7 beta 6 fixed it for me as well.
    I've been having the same issue. I upgraded to PCP 7 beta today, so I assume that's the latest beta. I can select HifiBerry DAC2HD and Pro as my soundcard. I have limited choices for the output setting:

plugequal
    equal
    hw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0
    plughw:CARD=Headphones,DEV=0
    sysdefault:CARD=Headphones

I tried default, and no sound. I tried plugequal and equal and Squeezelite wouldn't start. I tried hw:CARD-Headphones,DEV=0 and got no sound out of either the RCA jacks or the mini-stereo headphone jack. The last two choices wouldn't let Squeezelite start.

I set the RPI4 to use its own analogue output, and I get sound. I would like to have the HiFiBerry card working, for the better quality sound. Right now, I have spent an entire afternoon on this without success. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Note: I've got an earlier system - RPI3 with The HiFiBerry DAC Pro - working okay in another room in the house.

Incidentally, I had three Squeezebox Duets, but one died last year and one died earlier this month, so I thought the Raspberry Pi with PiCore would be the way to go. I hope this problem can be resolved.

Your card is not being detected, are you sure what card you have? And no pCP7 is not in Beta anymore.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Dean L. Surkin View Post
    I've been having the same issue. I upgraded to PCP 7 beta today, so I assume that's the latest beta. I can select HifiBerry DAC2HD and Pro as my soundcard.
    Which hifiberry DAC have you got? Does the little LED on the hifiberry light up when it's powered on?