Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Both programs can write both tags. And the result is nearly the same (tested only with a few files).
    But interestingly foobar is writing the tag names in lowercase letters: "replaygain_track_gain" and dBpoweramp is writing a lot more tags an the tagnames are written in uppercase letters (this is the format I normally saw for tags).

Thank you both for your very fast help!
    yes, you can use either foobar2000 (free) or dbpa (paid). In the old days, I used an "action" within mp3tag to read the RG tags and create an iTunNorm tag based on the RG info so that I had SOUNDCHECK values for playing in my iPod.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Just my 2 cents, sorry if I repeat...

RG is best when written via the r128 standard. Most apps now do I think, unfortunately winamp doesn't.

RG also writes both track and album tags, and peak values. Ergo best to analyze all tracks on a given album at once.

Soundcheck only does track values afaik, but as stated is all Apple gear will recognize.

I am unclear where the soundcheck value goes... I think it's appended to the comment frame using a method similar to the null \\ mp3tag method, which I frankly don't fully understand.
    Using: Win10 64 + LMS 8 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations

Quote Originally Posted by BJW View Post
    Just my 2 cents, sorry if I repeat...

RG is best when written via the r128 standard. Most apps now do I think, unfortunately winamp doesn't.

RG also writes both track and album tags, and peak values. Ergo best to analyze all tracks on a given album at once.

Soundcheck only does track values afaik, but as stated is all Apple gear will recognize.

I am unclear where the soundcheck value goes... I think it's appended to the comment frame using a method similar to the null \\ mp3tag method, which I frankly don't fully understand.
    I use dbpoweramp or foobar2000 to write RG track and album tags. dbpa will also write SOUNDCHECK tags at the same time, and can either base this on the track RG or album RG values.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify