Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Sad Demise of a Touch

My lightly used touch met an unfortunate user error. Mucking around with my squeezeamp (with a 12 v power supply) and my touch, I stupidly plugged the 12 v into the touch. Of course no boot, but a faint smell of burnt electronics.

Not much on the forum, but suggestions for replacing some very small on board mounted parts, not my forte. I'm a little handy, but this kind of soldering seems way beyond me.

Am I to sell it for parts? I assume no one repairs the results of this idiocracy......

Thanks much in advance.

A saddened Touch user...

P.S. I've check with a known good power supply, no joy.
    Last edited by ericj; 2020-11-28 at 14:16.

I recently did the same to one of my Touch units while setting up my system after moving to a new house. The Touch was in a box with several other components and power supplies and I picked up the wrong one. I'd be willing to attempt a repair if I could find a how-to guide.

Display for SB Touch

Quote Originally Posted by jfo View Post
    I recently did the same to one of my Touch units while setting up my system after moving to a new house. The Touch was in a box with several other components and power supplies and I picked up the wrong one. I'd be willing to attempt a repair if I could find a how-to guide.
    I'd be keen to look into replacing the display on my SB Touch, which is all but unreadable. Are replacements available in the market?

I'm sorry for your trouble, you can try to get in touch with this guy: https://joes-tech-blog.blogspot.com
    Home server and store: pCP 6.0.0/LMS 8.0.0 on RPi 3B in Pi Desktop (Element14) with Toshiba 256GB mSATA SSD drive
    SB players: Classic + Corda Headfive + Sennheiser HD555 | Classic + Denon PMA-520AE / Advance Acoustic MAP-105 + Focal JM.lab Chorus 706 S
    SB players (kids): Touch + Advance Acoustic MAP-103 | Radio White (Limited Edition)
    SB remote control: Squeeze Control on Windows 10 mobile

Get a 2nd hand on the net and sell the dead one as junk