Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Stuck loading extensions on boot

Hi, i'm working on a personal rework based on Slimmer (https://github.com/terba/slimmer), a display controller for LMS by Terba.
    I compiled my code directly on PI with success. So I created the tcz extension with the tool mksquashfs and copyed tcz in /tce/optional.
    After that i tce-load -i myextension to check if dependency are loaded and if my extension works. All was OK and works as expected.
    So i edit bootlocal.sh, onboot.lst and filetool.sh -b to save config.
    But, when i reboot, PI stuck on boot step "loading extensions..", with cursor rotating forever.
    The only solution is to change bootcode adding "base" and manually remove my extension from /optional.
    I checked permission and owner and can't find any strange.

Maybe someone could help me with some ideas?

Thanks!
    Emanuele

Add bootcode "showapps".

This should show which extension is the problem (but you probably already know which one).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Add bootcode "showapps".

This should show which extension is the problem (but you probably already know which one).
    Hi Greg. With showapps I can reach a console, but I can't see any useful logs. I know the problem is my extension, but I don't understand why. Is there any particular log should I check for error messages? Thanks

I generally don't make extensions so I don't have to debug them! Hopefully someone useful will come along.