Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Picoreplayer won't advance to next track

Sorry I'm new to this, but I've successfully installed picoreplayer 6.1.0 on my raspberry pi 4 with squeezelite and lms. I'm using it in this fashion:
    mconnect android app streaming via dlna to picoreplayer with touchscreen, which is connected to a usb mqa enabled dac.

It seems to work well and the my dac shows it's receiving and decoding mqa, however my issue is that when I play an album or playlist through the mconnect app, picoreplayer will only play the first song and then stop. I have to manually skip to the next track in the mconnect app. Is there something I can do to have the whole album play.

Ditch the app for now, just use the web interface for LMS. If you add the material skin plugin, it will run nicely on mobile phones.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Ditch the app for now, just use the web interface for LMS. If you add the material skin plugin, it will run nicely on mobile phones.
    thanks for your suggestion. while that would definitely work, it appears streaming from tidal within the interface limits my sample rate and i dont get MQA playback. unless im doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Morguans View Post
    thanks for your suggestion. while that would definitely work, it appears streaming from tidal within the interface limits my sample rate and i dont get MQA playback. unless im doing something wrong?

You won't get MQA unless the dac supports MQA and you won't get it via LMS. You need a Tidal Desktop app or an iPhone / iPad with the Tidal app. I don't know about Android, sorry

ronnie

Edit: just read your first post, which dac do you have ? I might have a try at this tomorrow.

Could you explain the playback path to me, more exactly please.

cheers

ronnie

just found this link, which might be old news to you, but new to me

https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/mqa-on-android
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2020-11-26 at 15:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    You won't get MQA unless the dac supports MQA and you won't get it via LMS. You need a Tidal Desktop app or an iPhone / iPad with the Tidal app. I don't know about Android, sorry

ronnie

Edit: just read your first post, which dac do you have ? I might have a try at this tomorrow.

Could you explain the playback path to me, more exactly please.

cheers

ronnie

just found this link, which might be old news to you, but new to me

https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/mqa-on-android

i have a smsl m500 mqa capable dac. my plaayback path is this:

1. mconnect player app (available for both apple and android with both free and paid versions, made by conversdigital, an mqa partner, the app allows dlna renderers to stream directly from the tidal masters server) volume in app must be turned to 100 for ma playback

2. raspberry pi with 7' touch screen running picoreplayer, squeezelite, and lms running the upnp plugin from andy gruman. audio set to usb, volume fixed at 100. no crossfade or processing of any kind in audio settings.

find picore player in the apps 'play to' select tidal as the browser and enter credentials, youre off to the races. MQA comes through bit perfect to my dac and lights up the magic mqa lights. the only problem is that using the mconnect app over dlna, the player wont move to the next track, ive tried fiddling with different settings but i am a novice and usually dont know what people are talking about in these forums.

i was aware that tidal masters are available on android app, but theres no way for me to wirelessly get it to my audio system.

@Morguans

I flashed the pCP beta 7 to a 4gb sd card and installed LMS v8.0.0.

I left the install at default and added the UPnP plugin from Andy Gruman

I connected a iFi iDSD Nano dac as a Squeezelite player (it's a MQA renderer).

Checked that the Tidal app was playing properly and had the correct streaming quality.

Installed Jivelite to a monitor

I have an old MotoG Android with BubbleUPnP.

I selected the pCP as player and used the Tidal connection to start playback of a "Master" Album.

It stopped after the first track, pressing >| on the phone started the next track.

I tried shuffle play (there is no Play All instruction) but again everything stopped after the first track.

Tried about 4 different "Master" albums, all with the same result.

I have tried other Albums which are not "Master" and the same thing happened.

I tried to playback songs from other Tidal Categories like Tidal Rising and Genres > Blues. All stopped after the first track.

I tried one Album from my NAS storage and and that stopped after the first track.

I then played the same Album using the phone as player, playback normal.

Quickly switched to Tidal, Selected a "Master" Album I had tried before and track two played as expected.

So I'm pointing my finger at the "UPnP Plugin by AG"

ronnie