Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Senior Member carsten_h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wunstorf, Germany
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    library.db is deleted during full rescan, persist.db isnít.
    Now I understand!

    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    TrackStat also have some smart logic
    Ok. I will try to use first the LMS rating, because I also use Material skin.

    When I understand correctly if I eg. change later the name of an album because it was wrong, LMS will not find the ratings, playcounts anymore but TrackStat would try to find the album (the songs). I think I can live with it.

    Thank you very much for your help!
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

  2. #12
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,260
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Ok. I will try to use first the LMS rating, because I also use Material skin.

    When I understand correctly if I eg. change later the name of an album because it was wrong, LMS will not find the ratings, playcounts anymore but TrackStat would try to find the album (the songs). I think I can live with it.
    If you have both Materal and TrackStat installed and set ratings using Material skin you might get issues, see this post for more information:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post996718
    (Viewing ratings should be fine with both installed)

    Also, please note that I think rating functionality in my other plugins (mainly SQL Playlist) relies on TrackStat so you might have to do some customization to make it work properly without TrackStat.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

  3. #13
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,260
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    If you have both Materal and TrackStat installed and set ratings using Material skin you might get issues, see this post for more information:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post996718
    (Viewing ratings should be fine with both installed)

    Also, please note that I think rating functionality in my other plugins (mainly SQL Playlist) relies on TrackStat so you might have to do some customization to make it work properly without TrackStat.
    Please ignore the above, Material skin sets ratings via TrackStat so they should work together.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Maybe there is another plugin that can be used for ratings?
    I wrote a simple rating plugin ("Ratings Light") which is, of course, nothing compared to TrackStat. It does the job for me though. The rating part already works. If you're interested I could upload it to github after I've fixed a bug or two I've just discovered. It would still have to be supported by Material and the like.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    343
    FWIW, trackstat seems ok under light testing on 8.0.0 so far. I will report anything I run into.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SorÝ, Denmark
    Posts
    722
    I am running LMS. 8.0.0 and trackstat works fine for me. The same with Dynamic playlists using trackstat and SQL playlists
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Preamp Gato PRD-3S NPM, Martin Logan Vista speakers, Power-AMP Gato DPA-4004 (biamp setup).
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Summerhouse: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    PARIS, Fr
    Posts
    202
    Dear Forum,
    I have been using Erlands trackstat plug in for a long time.
    Unfortunately I upgraded my Synology to DSM7, so no more LMS on that machine.
    I installed LMS on the pico player, it is running very fine, I can manually install the trackstat plug-in, but as soon as I try to import old trackstat backup xml , the LMS becomes very unresponsive.
    LMS is a fresh install, only the trackstat data is migrated.
    Maybe anybody who can help?
    And I would also like to know, how to use the built-in LMS rating system.
    I tried to Google, but I cannot find anything.
    Thank you very much
    Pommes
    The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen

  8. #18
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Pommes View Post
    as I try to import old trackstat backup xml , the LMS becomes very unresponsive.
    LMS is a fresh install, only the trackstat data is migrated.
    Maybe anybody who can help?
    Could be the TrackStat refresh option that causes problem, there are two options in TrackStat for its refresh operations that can be disabled. As long as you donít rename any music files or move them to a new path you are probably fine with the refresh options disabled. Check the server.log to see what happens, TrackStat will output information in the log about whatís going on during its refresh operations.

    Someone has also mentioned that TrackStat backups taken with old Perl versions donít work perfectly with newer Perl version but I donít think it will cause what you are describing, it will just result in some data not being restored. Canít give you more details since I havenít used it with newer Perl version myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pommes View Post
    And I would also like to know, how to use the built-in LMS rating system.
    As far as I know the only builtin support for ratings in LMS is that they are stored in the database and third party apps (smartphone apps or Material skin) can read and display ratings. To be able to set ratings or browse by ratings you will need a third party plugin. In LMS 8.x it means that you will have to either use the unsupported TrackStat plugin or the new Ratings Light plugin mentioned earlier in the thread. Not sure if Ratings Light support browsing ratings yet but I know there is an implementation for this in progress. Not sure which third party apps beside Material skin that supports setting ratings via Ratings Light at this stage. If you donít use TrackStat you probably want to ensure to regularly take a backup of LMS database since currently TrackStat is the only plugin that provides nightly backups to xml files.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    343
    Trackstat is working fine in LMS 8 for me as well

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    PARIS, Fr
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Could be the TrackStat refresh option that causes problem, there are two options in TrackStat for its refresh operations that can be disabled. As long as you donít rename any music files or move them to a new path you are probably fine with the refresh options disabled. Check the server.log to see what happens, TrackStat will output information in the log about whatís going on during its refresh operations.

    Someone has also mentioned that TrackStat backups taken with old Perl versions donít work perfectly with newer Perl version but I donít think it will cause what you are describing, it will just result in some data not being restored. Canít give you more details since I havenít used it with newer Perl version myself.


    As far as I know the only builtin support for ratings in LMS is that they are stored in the database and third party apps (smartphone apps or Material skin) can read and display ratings. To be able to set ratings or browse by ratings you will need a third party plugin. In LMS 8.x it means that you will have to either use the unsupported TrackStat plugin or the new Ratings Light plugin mentioned earlier in the thread. Not sure if Ratings Light support browsing ratings yet but I know there is an implementation for this in progress. Not sure which third party apps beside Material skin that supports setting ratings via Ratings Light at this stage. If you donít use TrackStat you probably want to ensure to regularly take a backup of LMS database since currently TrackStat is the only plugin that provides nightly backups to xml files.
    Thank you for your help, and extra special thank you for providing all your great plugins.
    Over the time i renamed huge parts of my library at least twice:-) and i changed the rating guidance twice as well.
    I just decided to start ratings from scratch. And i think the trackstat still runs well on LMS 8:-)
    Thanks a lot!
    The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •