Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If it is caused by an intermittent socket issue then fitting a battery would allow it to ride through the interruption.
    If just one unit, a socket issue would be a good possibility, but same issue on 2 units at the same time seems unlikely ? That said, easily checked by wiggling cable gently - don't want to break anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Please confirm. The radio reboots when playing Classic FM every couple of hours ?
    I listen for an hour or so every night and it reboots sometime during that hour, no particular time, just the once.

Bob
    LMS Version 8.0.0 running on OSX
    Classic White, Classic Black, Radio , Raspberry Pi +IQAudio, 2 x Raspberry Pi

Quote Originally Posted by drbob49 View Post
    I listen for an hour or so every night and it reboots sometime during that hour, no particular time, just the once.
    Is there metadata shown at the time of night ? Program title , images etc.

"night" is a bit vague - is it early night 8pm-10pm or late 10pm-2am ?

I can run my Radio on the LBC to see if it is reproducible but (i) I'm not sure whether non UK stream will be the same as UK (ii) narrowing down a time might indicate the issue (e.g. some station load balance / reduce capacity at night when there are fewer listeners) or possibly program related - metadata change if feed joins a syndicated service (e.g.IIRC R4 after midnight joins World service)

Some further tests regarding the Squeezebox Radio reboots...

Hello, Thanks for all the comments.

OK I've done a few more tests:

i) Radio No 3 now running , but no reboots as yet , but have seen buffering / silence for a few seconds..?

ii) I've taken the mains adapter from Radio No 2 which has definitely rebooted whilst listening to LBC radio. Solid 18V measured on the DC jack plug. I've then loaded with an artificial resistive load 20R , close to 1A load. That's nearly 20 Watts! and they get warm too. Measured voltage a solid 17.8V which I reckon is pretty good. OK only measured on a mulitmeter. Admittedly not dynamic testing but a good first pass to check. I'd have to say based on this measurement I don't think the power supply is the issue and think we should eliminate as a the cause. As I've at least 2 radios that do this , it's looking unlikely in my eyes.

iii) A an app on my Android phone (RaspController) allows me to see the percentage of CPU activity on my Raspberry Pi/Squeezeserver when listening to the Squeezebox radio or using the Touch units. With LBC running there's a approx. 1% activity. So doesn't indeed looks as if its involved.

So my thoughts are in no specific order (a) Its a firmware issue on the Radio decoding this type of station/stream (b) Its a ISP / networking / router issue (c) It's a hardware/design fault as common to more than one example (less likely) (d) Something else not yet identified ?

I've starting to favour (a) or (b) above but not sure how to home in. I'd guess another brand/device tuned to the same URL.

Any new thoughts ?

Is there metadata shown at the time of night ? Program title , images etc.

"night" is a bit vague - is it early night 8pm-10pm or late 10pm-2am ?

I can run my Radio on the LBC to see if it is reproducible but (i) I'm not sure whether non UK stream will be the same as UK (ii) narrowing down a time might indicate the issue (e.g. some station load balance / reduce capacity at night when there are fewer listeners) or possibly program related - metadata change if feed joins a syndicated service (e.g.IIRC R4 after midnight joins World service)
    I am in the UK and am happy to try the experiment on a Radio here, if the OP will post the URL of the stream that is being played, and if it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    I am in the UK and am happy to try the experiment on a Radio here, if the OP will post the URL of the stream that is being played, and if it might help.
    An URL for LBC has been posted in #7 which I then followed to to streams MP3 mon and AAC stereo.

An URL for LBC has been posted in #7 which I then followed to to streams MP3 mon and AAC stereo.
    OK, started. For avoidance of doubt, TuneIn refers to that station as 'LBC London". By default, the Radio has chosen the MP3 stream.

Just started a test as well, copied and pasted URL in post #7... this is what's playing:

LBC London 97.3
    http://icecast.thisisdax.com/LBCLondonMP3Low
    48kbps CBR, Radio

SBR with latest/last Logitech firmware plus Michael's version checker patch.
    Network hardwired, mains power but with battery fitted.
    LMS 8 released

Let's see how we get on.

Kev

OK, started. For avoidance of doubt, TuneIn refers to that station as 'LBC London". By default, the Radio has chosen the MP3 stream.
    The Radio just rebooted playing the stream. Apparently as the OP describes. I don't know why, and will continue in case it was something else, before contemplating further investigation.

The Radio just rebooted playing the stream. Apparently as the OP describes. I don't know why, and will continue in case it was something else, before contemplating further investigation.
    That's good - it seems reproducible.

You could ssh into Radio and "tail -f" the log file to catch anything that might be logged before it dies.