Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bpa
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by amey01
    Thanks so much. Regarding your prior post, I can confirm tracks 2nand 3 do not play. Only the first plays.

Will check versions of flac and sox soon. .......and I promise it works on 6.0.0 (I know it’s weird, and I could have easily made a mistake.....but I’ve triple checked my triple checking over and over......it def works with 6.0.0.)
    Flac and sox run on LMS which according to your post is Raspbian not PCP

PCP 6.0 and 6.1 are specially only player related. They do not see flac or sox.

So please confirm:.
    * Same Raspberry pi board/unit just swapping sdcard when testing 6.0 vs 6.1 and LMS is NOT running ?
    * LMS is not changed between tests with 6.0 and 6.1

What is the squeezelite command configured to be used with 6.0 and 6.1

Comment

• amey01
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bpa
      Flac and sox run on LMS which according to your post is Raspbian not PCP

PCP 6.0 and 6.1 are specially only player related. They do not see flac or sox.

So please confirm:.
      * Same Raspberry pi board/unit just swapping sdcard when testing 6.0 vs 6.1 and LMS is NOT running ?
      CONFIRMED

* LMS is not changed between tests with 6.0 and 6.1
      CONFIRMED

In fact - I have 2 players. One is on 6.0.0 and the other is on 6.0.1. The 6.0.0 player is fine. Same server.

What is the squeezelite command configured to be used with 6.0 and 6.1

6.0.1 Player: (not working)

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "piCorePlayer" -o hw:CARD=MDAC,DEV=0 -a 80:4::1:

6.0.0: (working > Noting small difference, this one is configured for DSD playback, but none of that has changed.) I just played it again on this player just to make sure I'm not making all this up. It worked fine

/usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "piCoreUSBKitchen" -o hw:CARD=D30,DEV=0 -a 80:4::1: -D 3:dop
      Last edited by amey01; 2020-11-28, 06:25.

Comment

• bpa
        • Oct 2005

OK things a lot clearer now. Different h/w in each player as well as different pcp version.
        My "gut" feel is the problem is not 6.0 and 6.1 per se.
        Need to check if there is any significant difference in terms of reporting to LMS the player capabilities (it might explain the use of sox)
        Can you run each player with the "-d slimproto=info" command line option. This will generate a "sendHELO" message where the player repaorts back to LMS its capabilties which are used in transcoding.
        Example
        Code:
        [08:53:25.576517] sendHELO:144 cap: Model=squeezelite,AccuratePlayPoints=1,HasDigitalOut=1,HasPolarityInversion=1,Firmware=v1.9.8-1287,ModelName=SqueezeLite,MaxSampleRate=384000,aac,ogg,ogf,flc,aif,pcm,mp3,loc
        What is the full version of LMS not just 8.0.0 but also the build date ?
        What is the version of flac and sox ?

Comment

• amey01
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bpa
          OK things a lot clearer now. Different h/w in each player as well as different pcp version.
          My "gut" feel is the problem is not 6.0 and 6.1 per se.
          Need to check if there is any significant difference in terms of reporting to LMS the player capabilities (it might explain the use of sox)
          Can you run each player with the "-d slimproto=info" command line option. This will generate a "sendHELO" message where the player repaorts back to LMS its capabilties which are used in transcoding.
          Example
          Code:
          [08:53:25.576517] sendHELO:144 cap: Model=squeezelite,AccuratePlayPoints=1,HasDigitalOut=1,HasPolarityInversion=1,Firmware=v1.9.8-1287,ModelName=SqueezeLite,MaxSampleRate=384000,aac,ogg,ogf,flc,aif,pcm,mp3,loc
          Done - but where do I find it?

What is the full version of LMS not just 8.0.0 but also the build date ?
          It's the one from the release repo -
          Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1605892076 @ Fri Nov 20 21:29:02 CET 2020

What is the version of flac and sox ?

FLAC: 1.3.2-5
          SOX: 14.4.1-5

Comment

• bpa
            • Oct 2005

Done - but where do I find it?
            Not sure on pcp. Normally it is output on command line. Check PCP command lie otpions and see if there is something there about logging.

FLAC: 1.3.2-5
            SOX: 14.4.1-5
            I didn't think the LMS version had a "-5" and sox maybe 14.4.3. What is the banner message of the flac. Note it says "patched for LMS"

Code:
            flac - Command-line FLAC encoder/decoder version 1.3.2
            Copyright (C) 2000-2009  Josh Coalson
            Copyright (C) 2011-2016  Xiph.Org Foundation

Patched for Logitech Media Server:
               This version of flac operates exclusively in the 'C'
               locale. In particular, '--skip' and '--until' mm:ss.ss
               specifications require a '.' as decimal separator.

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
            modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
            as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
            of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

I'm working up some test command fort LMS to check whether flac & sox are working correctly. This will enable to say whether problem is transcoding failing or sending transcoded data.

Comment

• amey01
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bpa

I'm working up some test command fort LMS to check whether flac & sox are working correctly. This will enable to say whether problem is transcoding failing or sending transcoded data.
              Thank you.

Seriously, I think you’ve done enough!

It’s a weird problem for sure, but (for me at least) it’s about 3 albums out of about 3000.

I’ll downgrade back to 6.0.0 if I need to.

Comment

• bpa
                • Oct 2005

Thank you.

Seriously, I think you’ve done enough!

It’s a weird problem for sure, but (for me at least) it’s about 3 albums out of about 3000.

I’ll downgrade back to 6.0.0 if I need to.
                Since you can reproduce at will, it would be better to find the reason.
                If it is not sorted out - it will reappear and take time getting back to same stage. I was involved in the last issue with a WAVE/cue files and I am wondering whether the solution was 100% (e.g. you have Flac/cue) or some side effect has happened.

Comment

• paul-
                  • Jan 2013

I would agree with getting to the bottom of this. You could try the PCP7 beta. That would for sure have the latest of everything.
                  piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
                  Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Comment

• bpa
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by paul-
                    I would agree with getting to the bottom of this. You could try the PCP7 beta. That would for sure have the latest of everything.
                    If possible stay with current setup just until at least tests with flac and sox are complete. Then we'll have a benchmark to compare against.

Comment

• bpa
                      • Oct 2005

I think I have reproduced the problem. I think it is not due to 6.0 vs 6.1. 6.0 player h/w does not require resampling but 6.1 does require resampling.

My 8.0.0 was a little old but transcoding/resampling worked OK. I updated to latest and it is now broken. So issues looks like not 6.0 - 6.1 but LMS 8.0 update

Comment

• bpa
                        • Oct 2005

A 1-Nov-2020 LMS 8.0 change to convert.conf to support streaming Tidal Flac seems to have broken Flac/Cue file transcoding with resampling. AFAICT nothing to do with PCP 6.0 vs 6.1.

The change is https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...07949b9be5c527

The change make flac input to come from stdin rather than the file.

Broken
                        Code:
                        "/home/lms/Bin/x86_64-linux/flac" -dcs --skip=13:32.22 --until=18:06.76 -- - | "/home/lms/Bin/x86_64-linux/sox" -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 -r 48000 -
                        Working
                        Code:
                        "/home/lms/Bin/x86_64-linux/flac" -dcs --skip=6:07.16 --until=10:08.86 -- "/home/albums/Rock/Silver_and_Gold-Hi-Flac/Silver_and_Gold-hiflc.flc" | "/home/lms/Bin/x86_64-linux/sox" -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 -r 48000 - & |
                        to

Comment

• amey01
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by paul-
                          I did this - it didn't work (same behaviour as 6.0.1).

Comment

• amey01
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bpa
                            If possible stay with current setup just until at least tests with flac and sox are complete. Then we'll have a benchmark to compare against.
                            I used another card to try 7.0.0 - so no harm done. I'm back with 6.0.1.

Comment

• amey01
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bpa
                              I think I have reproduced the problem.
                              You are amazingly intelligent!

. I updated to latest and it is now broken. So issues looks like not 6.0 - 6.1 but LMS 8.0 update
                              Not so sure on this - I have only one LMS8.0 server. It plays fine to the 6.0.0 player, but not to the 6.0.1 player........

Comment

• amey01
                                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bpa
                                A 1-Nov-2020 LMS 8.0 change to convert.conf to support streaming Tidal Flac seems to have broken Flac/Cue file transcoding with resampling. AFAICT nothing to do with PCP 6.0 vs 6.1.

The change is https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...07949b9be5c527

The change make flac input to come from stdin rather than the file.

Broken
                                Code:
                                "/home/lms/Bin/x86_64-linux/flac" -dcs --skip=13:32.22 --until=18:06.76 -- - | "/home/lms/Bin/x86_64-linux/sox" -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 -r 48000 -
                                Working
                                Code:
                                "/home/lms/Bin/x86_64-linux/flac" -dcs --skip=6:07.16 --until=10:08.86 -- "/home/albums/Rock/Silver_and_Gold-Hi-Flac/Silver_and_Gold-hiflc.flc" | "/home/lms/Bin/x86_64-linux/sox" -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 -r 48000 - & |
                                to
                                Can I try manually changing this line on my server?

Comment

Working...