Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I think you have this the wrong way. I thought he just wanted to play his Pi through it not consume the Music Centre output into LMS.

If I'm right, and leaving speakers aside, the simplest system would be the new DAC32 as a second new SB player straight in to the Tape Play RCA's.
    If you are right then another Pi, a Behringer UCA202 and piCorePlayer.
    Thanks mate, I just want to replace my amp with the music centre, I would box the amp up and not use it anymore.

I wouldn't need a second squeezebox, but I've no problem at all with buying new cables or a controlling device if thats what it needs

So what is DAC32 ?

Sorry to everybody but I'm also reading up about DAC etc as you are all explaining this, it's an area I've not been down before.
    Last edited by NE5; 2021-02-25 at 12:33.

Might be worth explaining your current set-up and what you want to get to.
    Which components (speakers, amp (to go), music centre (new to you), screen?, LMS, ethernet, wifi) in which room?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Hey Steve, does this summary reflect your choices ?

Currently
    raspberry pi, connected to Squeezebox, connected to amplifier, connected to speakers

Preposed
    raspberry pi, connected to Squeezebox, connected to Aiwa, connected to speakers

or

Use the current set up in situ, and,

In another room

set up a new raspberry pi or DAC32, connected to Aiwa, connected to speakers

Suggestion

Install Material Skin and Music and Artist Information Plugins into LMS and control from your phone or tablet

Caveat

Nobody has yet heard the DAC 32
    Actual functionality and condition of Aiwa is currently unknown

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by NE5 View Post
    So what is DAC32 ?
    See here

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Hey Steve, does this summary reflect your choices ?

Currently
    raspberry pi, connected to Squeezebox, connected to amplifier, connected to speakers

Preposed
    raspberry pi, connected to Squeezebox, connected to Aiwa, connected to speakers

or

Use the current set up in situ, and,

In another room

set up a new raspberry pi or DAC32, connected to Aiwa, connected to speakers

Suggestion

Install Material Skin and Music and Artist Information Plugins into LMS and control from your phone or tablet

Caveat

Nobody has yet heard the DAC 32
    Actual functionality and condition of Aiwa is currently unknown

ronnie
    yes that is right, as in currently and proposed. The only thing to add is my pi is in the spare room with my modem and desktop, connected via this https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...42651-pdt.html to my squeezebox, amp and speakers in the other room.

Ideally, it would be a straight swap amp for music centre. I will cross the problem of where to place it etc later, if it works and if I like it better.

But I am open to alternative ideas such as utilising the pi directly nearer the squeezebox or straight into the music centre if it sounds better or is less complicated.

If for some reason I still prefer my current set up, I will buy a small set of speakers and put the music centre somewhere else, I have kept a box of LP's for nostalgia etc, classic ones. I will definitely not be letting this music centre go again.

So I also need to think about using my current KEFQ300 speakers with the music centre if I put into permanently into the system, they will be too powerful but I think unless I drive them too much they will be fine (unlikely in the house).

But first things first, I need to get it and make sure it all works properly. However it can be done, which is all I wanted to know, its on the way, I wish I had taken it back years ago.

Edit.

The material skin suggestion is something I would need help with again :-)
    Last edited by NE5; 2021-02-28 at 06:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Might be worth explaining your current set-up and what you want to get to.
    Which components (speakers, amp (to go), music centre (new to you), screen?, LMS, ethernet, wifi) in which room?
    Yes Paul, see my previous post for setup which works perfectly although I never touch the LMS or setup in case I mess it up I use my desktop and have LMS installed on it, I can also use my phone or tablet to control the SB, although I don't do it often. Because usually I have my desktop on all day and just leave it, most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Steve, something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Spli...000Q6LSVS?th=1

will let you use your phone (if it has a headphone connector) to play into the Aiwa

It would also work from a raspberry pi AV Jack, which is also Headphones and the sound quality may be sufficent for your needs (at least at the moment)

Connect a rpi to your network (wireless) and run it as a squeezelite player.

You could also ask over on the Wam

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/

as there might be someone near to you, who can offer any assistance you may need (especially with the Lockdown starting to ease).

It might also be a source for suitable speakers (I would try for some jbl again)

ronnie
    I have most of my music collection on an SD card in my tablet. Does this mean I can plug that from my tablet into the AIWA and play it like a flash drive ?????? Astounding technology which I would consider doing in the spare room without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by NE5 View Post
    I have most of my music collection on an SD card in my tablet. Does this mean I can plug that from my tablet into the AIWA and play it like a flash drive ?????? Astounding technology which I would consider doing in the spare room without a doubt.
    That cable simply connects the headphone socket of your tablet to the audio/Aux in (for an external open reel tape tape drive originally).

So you would use the audio player on your tablet just like you do today with basic wired headphones. However, to do things like track advance/pause etc you use the controls on the tablet not any buttons etc on the music centre.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Its here.

I am getting a loan of a set of midi system Sony speakers of 6 ohms to test with.

This wont be a problem , i wouldnt think so ?

Your photo of the back showed ô4 - 8 Ohmö so 6 is fine.
    Paul Webster