Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Not sure Iíve tried either of my UCA202s with a Pi4 but I do have a Pi4 running with a Khalas Tone Board and for some reason itís connected to one of the USB2 interfaces rather than USB3. Iím sure I read somewhere that USB audio interfaces donít like USB3 but no idea where I read it or what the reasoning was.
    Over on the rpi forum some users have reported USB3 causes problems with the wireless network.

The use of a ferrite clip on clamp on the connection cable has been reported to be useful.

I don't know the manner in which these problems manifest.

Do a google search for "usb 3 and wireless networks", this is one of many results

https://customer.cradlepoint.com/s/a...0-Interference

ronnie

there is Tone 2 waiting in the wings

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Over on the rpi forum some users have reported USB3 causes problems with the wireless network.

The use of a ferrite clip on clamp on the connection cable has been reported to be useful.

Do a google search for "usb 3 and wireless networks", this is one of many results

https://customer.cradlepoint.com/s/a...0-Interference

ronnie

there is Tone 2 waiting in the wings
    The Tone 2 looks very nice !!
    https://www.khadas.com/tone2pro
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post

Interesting - though that sounds more like simple interference.

My mystery is why this will work for a day or two, and then the distortion starts.

I tried moving the USB key from the bottom USB 3 socket to the top one. I thought it was looking more hopeful, as all was good for a couple of days. But then I had to power cycle yesterday as electrical work was taking place at home. Barely 10 hours later, the distortion had come back - so much for that thought!

I've now Squeezelite Settings -> Close output setting = 600, so that Squeezelite will stop outputting to the UCA 202 10 mins after stopping/pausing, in the hope that the restart when I next play something will reset the connection to the UCA 202, in the same way that restarting Squeezelite appears to. You can hear the faint click in the audio feed when this timeout kicks in, and on subsequent restart of playing. I'll monitor this over the next few days and see how it fares - but it's still a workaround rather than a root cause fix.
    Server: LMS 8.1.1 on piCorePlayer 7.0.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    I've now Squeezelite Settings -> Close output setting = 600, so that Squeezelite will stop outputting to the UCA 202 10 mins after stopping/pausing, in the hope that the restart when I next play something will reset the connection to the UCA 202, in the same way that restarting Squeezelite appears to. You can hear the faint click in the audio feed when this timeout kicks in, and on subsequent restart of playing. I'll monitor this over the next few days and see how it fares - but it's still a workaround rather than a root cause fix.
    Just reporting back after a couple of weeks that this appears to have resolved my problem - or, at least, is working around it.

Thanks all for the input, much appreciated, and really helpful to have positive experience of others with the UCA 202 and some inspiration on things to try.
    Server: LMS 8.1.1 on piCorePlayer 7.0.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface