Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

duplicate aritst on squeezebox

Hi I'm new here so forgive me if Im in the wrong place.

I spent a long time getting my music library straightened out so it displays well on my media player and and cell phone. On my squeeze box it still shows up 7 "Bruce Springsteen" with various tracks (happens with any large grouping), one, two, seven , three to each artist name. I went back and checked all my Tags and they all seem valid and display properly. On my PC everything shows up as it should, everything under a single artists name. Did I explaine it right?

BTW I have a boombox and a Touch for a few years now, just with the shutdowns i'm playing with it more trying to figure it out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nipperdawg View Post
    Hi I'm new here so forgive me if Im in the wrong place.

I spent a long time getting my music library straightened out so it displays well on my media player and and cell phone. On my squeeze box it still shows up 7 "Bruce Springsteen" with various tracks (happens with any large grouping), one, two, seven , three to each artist name. I went back and checked all my Tags and they all seem valid and display properly. On my PC everything shows up as it should, everything under a single artists name. Did I explaine it right?

BTW I have a boombox and a Touch for a few years now, just with the shutdowns i'm playing with it more trying to figure it out.

Thanks
    Have you looked at the tagging with mp3tag - it is the best Windows tool for this sort of issue.
    Add the folders for every track containing Bruce Springsteen, and compare the tags. Use Alt+T to show the advanced tags for each track. Correct as necessary and them do a clear & rescan. Be aware that he may be listed as Composer in something in a different way to what you expect.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

You will find similar posts and resolutions here - https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum...coding-Tagging
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS