Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 205
  1. #11
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,277
    Thanks Michael.

    Questions - is the release version 8.0.0 or 8.0.1?
    Is there a nightly version?

    @paul- at pCP is saying "Default install of LMS on pCP7.x is now the released 8.0.0".
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Thanks Michael.

    Questions - is the release version 8.0.0 or 8.0.1?
    Is there a nightly version?

    @paul- at pCP is saying "Default install of LMS on pCP7.x is now the released 8.0.0".
    I saved the new version 8 earlier today, but now can't find it

    nightly here

    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.0

  3. #13
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I saved the new version 8 earlier today, but now can't find it

    nightly here

    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=8.0
    Er, yes, I have 8.0.1 installed on my pCP server using the upgrade routine.

    It's just that @paul- is saying pCP 7.0 now ships with 8.0.0, but there doesn't seem to be a v8.0.0 at your link.

    So is v8.0.1 the stable or the nightly?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,073
    This only gives the nightly v8.0.1

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...erver-Versions

    There defffo was a v8.0.0 earlier today (only the windows, windows server and mac had todays date and the others had Friday's date (I think)

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,073
    Just ignore this I got the info wrong
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2020-11-22 at 13:39. Reason: incorrect info posted

  6. #16
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    This only gives the nightly v8.0.1

    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...erver-Versions

    There defffo was a v8.0.0 earlier today (only the windows, windows server and mac had todays date and the others had Friday's date (I think)
    Right, I think v8.0.1 is the stable version?

    The community supported development branch will be 8.1.* ?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,073
    wrong info again, sorry
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2020-11-22 at 13:40.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    4,073
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Right, I think v8.0.1 is the stable version?

    The community supported development branch will be 8.1.* ?
    I really don't know, I thought stable meant v8.0.0 with only the occasional update (like with v7.9.3)
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2020-11-22 at 13:44.

  9. #19
    formerly known as Fletch
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,302
    The 8.0.0 *Release* is here:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Log...Server_v8.0.0/

    The 8.0.1 *nightly* is here:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.0

    They are not the same.

  10. #20
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miksis View Post
    The 8.0.0 *Release* is here:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/Log...Server_v8.0.0/

    The 8.0.1 *nightly* is here:
    http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.0

    They are not the same.
    If 8.0.1 is a nightly, Michaels post here (today) doesn't make sense.

    He says the nightly will be 8.1 when it's been created.

    They're not the same.

    Name:  stable.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  49.6 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •