Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dejong@kraanendejong.nl View Post
    Ok, thanks, I don't know what you mean with 'expand' the SD-card but I will follow the How to steps later tonight.
    I guess I can skip the 'How to setup wifi'-part because I don't use the wifi on my pi. But I guess I have to edit the config.txt file and then I can install LMS and then attach my NAS.

@ronnie
    Thanks for offering a link, that's the easiest way. I just switched to a 8GB card, so when I'm lost with all the steps I will ask you for the link. For me it's dinner time now!
    NO! You don't need to edit the config.txt file. At least I never have, and I've setup 4 rPis running LMS, starting with versions 3.x up through 6.1.
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    NO! You don't need to edit the config.txt file. At least I never have, and I've setup 4 rPis running LMS, starting with versions 3.x up through 6.1.
    I just inserted the SD Card and started LMS. Please don't tell me all my plugins are gone, spotty, lastfm, my favourites (I had numerous maps).... and everything have to be reinstalled??

I also got the message that my Radios dont work with this version of LMS because they have outdated firmware.

Question: is it possible to reinsert my old SD card and use my old LMS again?
    Last edited by dejong@kraanendejong.nl; 2020-11-27 at 12:39.
    Storage - QNAP TS269pro
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 - Raspberry Pi3 - piCorePlayer v6.0.0
    Living - Receiver/Duet - Dynaudio Xeo 5
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Radio
    Bathroom - Squeezebox Radio
    Study - Receiver/Duet - Yamaha Pianocraft RXE-600

I just inserted the SD Card and started LMS. Please don't tell me all my plugins are gone, spotty, lastfm, my favourites (I had numerous maps).... and everything have to be reinstalled??
    Using something like "WinSCP" on your laptop to access the LMS files on your old rPi: From your old LMS install copy the "Cache" and "prefs" folders from the following locations to somewhere on your laptop:
    /usr/local/slimserver/Cache

/usr/local/slimserver/prefs

After you've installed LMS on your new setup, STOP LMS from running (using the LMS tab > Stop LMS button on piCorePlayer WebGUI)
    Then paste the Cache and prefs folders you saved above into the same place (replacing the new ones in your new LMS).
    Then START LMS again, and 99% of your settings/plugins, etc. will be there. Might be a few settings you need to make.
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

I also got the message that my Radios dont work with this version of LMS because they have outdated firmware.

Question: is it possible to reinsert my old SD card and use my old LMS again?
    outdated firmware solution:

1. On RADIO itself, go to settings/advanced/applet installer, install the applet "Patch Installer"
    2. Once Patch installer is installed, then reboot radio, then go to: Settings > Advanced > Patch Installer
    (Don't go to Settings > Advanced > Applet Installer.)
    3. on that Patch Installer menu, search and find: "version comparison fix" and install that patch. You may need to reboot radio afterwards. Can't hurt anyhow.

and yes, just reinsert old SD card and you're back to where you were. You may need to do that to do the other steps regarding copying your old cache and pref folders (and they contain your favorites (favorite.opml) as well).
    Last edited by garym; 2020-11-27 at 12:56.

and yes, just reinsert old SD card and you're back to where you were. You may need to do that to do the other steps regarding copying your old cache and pref folders (and they contain your favorites (favorite.opml) as well).
    Thanks, that's a relief! When I have the time I will work on WinSCP and how to find and move my folders. Hope it's not too difficult.
    Storage - QNAP TS269pro

Using something like "WinSCP" on your laptop to access the LMS files on your old rPi: From your old LMS install copy the "Cache" and "prefs" folders from the following locations to somewhere on your laptop:
    /usr/local/slimserver/Cache

/usr/local/slimserver/prefs

After you've installed LMS on your new setup, STOP LMS from running (using the LMS tab > Stop LMS button on piCorePlayer WebGUI)
    Then paste the Cache and prefs folders you saved above into the same place (replacing the new ones in your new LMS).
    Then START LMS again, and 99% of your settings/plugins, etc. will be there. Might be a few settings you need to make.
    I don't know how to work with WinSCP. When I fill in my IP-adress I have to continue with a username and password which are unknown to me.
    Isn't it possible to use the button 'Move LMS Data' in pCP (old version)? But perhaps I should first change it to Network Disk?

Name:  afbeelding_2020-11-28_085137.png
Views: 399
Size:  22.8 KB

UPDATE
    Found the prefs and cachefolders in WinSCP but I don't know how to copy in WinSCP.
    Last edited by dejong@kraanendejong.nl; 2020-11-28 at 03:45.
    Storage - QNAP TS269pro

1. don't "move lms data or move to network" as you've shown in picture. That's something different.
    2. the userid and password you need for WinSCP (or any program accessing the rPi with piCoreplayer) is:
    USERID: tc
    Password: piCore
    (note capital C)
    3. in WinSCP, on the right side panel, you should be seeing your rPi files. On the left panel, navigate to somewhere on your PC (Desktop, etc.). See picture below. To download files from rPi, click on the folder name you want to download, and right click. Then select download. This will save the files from the rPi to your PC. When going the other direction, put the rPi side of WinSCP on the place where you want to place the new folders. And on the PC (left side) or WinSCP, find your folders, right click, and select UPLOAD, and this will copy those files to your rPi.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 381
Size:  108.0 KB

It's really time to get an rPi4B, install piCorePlayer (which will include LMS 8.0), and point the LMS to your files stored on the ReadyNas. So you'll be running LMS on something much more modern (and easy to keep updated) and using the ReadyNAS for what it is best at, that is, storing files for use.

menus on left side of this page tell you everything you need to know. I had ZERO knowledge, followed instructions, and all was easy to setup.
    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/
    I am hoping to exactly follow your recommendations but firstly, could you please confirm the following: With my new rPi4B installed with LMS 8.0 and wired connection to my router/internet, can I then hide it away in a cupboard adjacent to my ReadyNAS (contains all my music files) and remote control it using iPeng; i.e. no connected/dedicated screen or keyboard? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by fmanchu View Post
    I am hoping to exactly follow your recommendations but firstly, could you please confirm the following: With my new rPi4B installed with LMS 8.0 and wired connection to my router/internet, can I then hide it away in a cupboard adjacent to my ReadyNAS (contains all my music files) and remote control it using iPeng; i.e. no connected/dedicated screen or keyboard? Thank you.
    Yes, as long as it's still connected to your network, either wireless or wired. (Wired preferred).
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Yes, as long as it's still connected to your network, either wireless or wired. (Wired preferred).
    Yes as @kidstypike says. and I assume your NAS is sitting near your Router and plugged in via ethernet. Just plug in the rPi via ethernet to same router. You can control with iPeng or any computer connected to your network. If you don't have enough slots on router, get an "unmanaged" 4 port switch and plug into one of the router ports, then you'll have some extra ethernet ports to use.