Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sle118 View Post
    I also have this design which I used to 3D print a case for a nice display.
    sle118, that case is simply brilliant!
    owner of the stuff at https://tuxreborn.netlify.app/
    (which used to reside at www.tux.org/~peterw/)
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend much time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

A bit of a bummer: the extension connector I've used, from Molex, is on WW shortage. No supply before March, so my new batch is blocked so far. I'm trying to find everywhere is there is a small batch of ~100.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    A bit of a bummer: the extension connector I've used, from Molex, is on WW shortage. No supply before March, so my new batch is blocked so far. I'm trying to find everywhere is there is a small batch of ~100.
    That's a shame, but if as I suspect it's J6, I'm happy to wait, especially considering a few months back you didn't think you would do another batch, plus I've just purchased some 5 way (SqueezeAMP 1/2) 1.25mm microlock plus connectors with wires for my current SqueezeAMPs and some 8 way ones (no wires) for when I receive some SqueezeAMP 3's from this batch.

Let's be patient.

Kev

Good news: I was able to secure 100 pieces of the missing connector and I have received them
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Engineered/machined aluminium case

@merlineng / @Tony,

I would love to find out from you whether you will be able to make up an engineered/machined case that you spoke of earlier in this thread. I suspect they would look awesome, and would be perfect for the SqueezeAMPs that Phillipe is sourcing. If you can make these, then please let me know what they would cost -- I'm more than happy to pay for something, especially as it looks like it'll be a really premium result!

Many thanks,
    Jon

New build is now active

I've pressed the button for a new build as I've finally gathered all components. It's becoming an expensive hobby for me, so this is the last one I'll do on my own. Thanks to the amazing help from @chill and @merlineng, we are on a good track to have cases for all the SqueezeAMP past and current built (I know it has been a long wait).

I have registered all requests so far but if you have not already sent me yours, please do. I'm expecting a month and a half or so before delivery, depending how Chinese new year impacts the processing of the assembly.

I have registered all requests so far but if you have not already sent me yours, please do. I'm expecting a month and a half or so before delivery, depending how Chinese new year impacts the processing of the assembly.
    I sent an email to the adress : s q u e e z e a m p @ o u t l o o k . c o m to ask one , I didn't get an answer, should I get one ? has it fallen into oblivion ?
    - Squeezebox Duet + DAC : Advance Acoustic mdx-600 + turntable : Thorens TD190-2 + CD player : Marantz CD5004 + K7 player : Toshiba +ampli : Marantz PM7001 + speaker : Magnat Quantum 1005.
    - Raspberry 2 + Ampli-dac : Alientek D8 + speaker : Magnat Quantum Edelstein
    - Daphile on Acer_Aspire_One + Ampli-dac : Advance Acoustic A60 + Speaker : Elipson Studio Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sitro0 View Post
    I sent an email to the adress : s q u e e z e a m p @ o u t l o o k . c o m to ask one , I didn't get an answer, should I get one ? has it fallen into oblivion ?
    You should be OK, Philippe's pretty busy, I'm sure he'll confirm at some stage.

Kev

New batch progress

The new batch is currently being assembled (under SMT), after many difficulties with component supply facing the worldwide shortage even for small things like that. I had to go to extraordinary searches and go to obscure corners to find a few components that PCBWay was not able to get.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-03-05 at 14:50.

The new batch is currently being assembled (under SMT), after many difficulty with component supply facing the worldwide shortage even for small things like that. I had to go to extraordinary searches and obscure corners to find a few components that PCBWay was not able to get.
    Excellent news, as ever thanks for all the effort you've put into this.

Kev