Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

Another batch of SqueezeAMP

Dear all - I have already 5~7 boards requested, so I'm thinking about doing another batch of SqueezeAMP 3.x (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ifier-receiver), probably 30 units this time. If you are interested, PM at s q u e e z e a m p @ o u t l o o k . c o m. I think that unless I move that to a platform like Tindie (https://www.tindie.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...xoCWz0QAvD_BwE) it will really be the last batch. I can make more than 30 of course in that batch, so just let me know.

Other than that and if convenient, I can group purchase displays, IR receivers, rotary encoders, cables & connectors. I still hope to find a solution with @chill for the casing.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3
  • KeBul
    • Sep 2009

Woohoo!!!

Comment

• merlineng
      • Jul 2017

What do you 'really' want the casing to look like Philippe?

'Loaded' question...
      2 x SqueezeAMP / 13 x Classic / 4 x Boom / 2 x Touch / 6 x Radio (4 black, 1 red, 1 white) / 3 x Duet / 3 x Controller / W10 LMS 8.0.0
      Technics Separates (inc Linear Tracking Turntable) that I've had for 30+ years (been faultless and used almost daily)

Comment

• philippe_44
        • May 2008

Originally posted by merlineng
        What do you 'really' want the casing to look like Philippe?

'Loaded' question...
        I’m not sure what you mean, candidly. I do like a lot the design that @chill did but I think he has been very busy with many things (not mentioning how COVID messed up our lives) and so I’ve not heard from him for a while now.

Can you help me understand your question?
        LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• merlineng
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by philippe_44
          I’m not sure what you mean, candidly. I do like a lot the design that @chill did but I think he has been very busy with many things (not mentioning how COVID messed up our lives) and so I’ve not heard from him for a while now.

Can you help me understand your question?
          Ha ha - it was meant to be a little vague - I have many 'squeezeboxes' and have been 'in love' 😂 with them for years. Way ahead of their time.

But for this forum and the efforts of the talented few - I would be a very sad and unhappy individual.

I'd like to give a little back...

I employ 30 in a manufacturing company - I have made 'cases' for fighter pilot helmets in the past from aluminium (long story, but they were working on augmented reality a long time ago - and it made them feel sick so they stopped).

I can provide cases, black anodised (or any colour), I also have a Laser Etcher, I have staff with Solidworks CAD, and CAM ability.

I can also provide similar 'clear' perspex if that's what you really want, but Aluminium machining is my speciality.

'I'd like to give a little back...' is what I'm saying.

In return for a SqueezeAMP I'd provide 30 cases... 👌

I'm an ex C++ software engineer and now have my own manufacturing company - making, well, almost anything (Medical equipment / Labelling machinery / Printing machinery / Automotive parts / Tooling for Bentley Motors etc...)

I'd love to know more about the workings of LMS and the Linux side I simply haven't a clue - but I've always felt that I would be broken hearted if the Squeezebox community was to end.

Hope I'm making some sense... I'm on my 3rd 🍷

:-)

Tony
          2 x SqueezeAMP / 13 x Classic / 4 x Boom / 2 x Touch / 6 x Radio (4 black, 1 red, 1 white) / 3 x Duet / 3 x Controller / W10 LMS 8.0.0
          Technics Separates (inc Linear Tracking Turntable) that I've had for 30+ years (been faultless and used almost daily)

Comment

• philippe_44
            • May 2008

Ha ha - it was meant to be a little vague - I have many 'squeezeboxes' and have been 'in love' [emoji23] with them for years. Way ahead of their time.

But for this forum and the efforts of the talented few - I would be a very sad and unhappy individual.

I'd like to give a little back...

I employ 30 in a manufacturing company - I have made 'cases' for fighter pilot helmets in the past from aluminium (long story, but they were working on augmented reality a long time ago - and it made them feel sick so they stopped).

I can provide cases, black anodised (or any colour), I also have a Laser Etcher, I have staff with Solidworks CAD, and CAM ability.

I can also provide similar 'clear' perspex if that's what you really want, but Aluminium machining is my speciality.

'I'd like to give a little back...' is what I'm saying.

In return for a SqueezeAMP I'd provide 30 cases... [emoji108]

I'm an ex C++ software engineer and now have my own manufacturing company - making, well, almost anything (Medical equipment / Labelling machinery / Printing machinery / Automotive parts / Tooling for Bentley Motors etc...)

I'd love to know more about the workings of LMS and the Linux side I simply haven't a clue - but I've always felt that I would be broken hearted if the Squeezebox community was to end.

Hope I'm making some sense... I'm on my 3rd [emoji485]

Tony
            Thanks very much for the offering, this is very kind of you.

I’m not very good at 3D design, to say the least but I feel the case @chill designed is pretty amazing in acrylic and gives a nice ‘bijou’ look especially when used with the white PCB.

Now what is clearly missing is a bigger case that I can really see made of aluminium and that would include a display, a rotary encoder and a maybe a couple of buttons and on/off - very close to what @sle118 has done (I don’t have the link handy, but there is a gif in this forum with it). It could also include light guides for the leds, and an optional battery holder. The light guides might be avoided if we accept to use an extra gpio. Today we have 8+2+2 which is enough for rotary (3), display (4), buttons (3). An aluminium body with back and front plates would work well, but I don’t know how to hold well the PCB itself,

We probably could keep the back connector set for battery, power and spdif and have a repeater for audio jack. Of course, the speaker connector with screws might not be the most handy solution, and others might have a better idea but I just think that for ease of assembly, direct use of back connector set is the easiest.

If you want to work on that, that deserve at least a couple of handmade special boost SqueezeAMP :-)

Comment

• merlineng
              • Jul 2017

Ok - I'll work on that and see what I can come up with.

I was thinking (maybe) an aluminium 'main-case' with an acrylic top so you can see what's going on - lights obviously make it look cool...

I'll probably be asking you many questions!

Comment

• kidstypike
                • Feb 2007

For me, a case where all the ports are on the back of the case would be an absolute must.
                Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• KeBul
                  • Sep 2009

Here's the original SqueezeAMP boxes thread:

If I remember correctly Chill put his design files on there somewhere

SLE118 starts talking about his enclosure from post #112 on page 12

Kev

Comment

• Paul Webster
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by KeBul
                    If I remember correctly Chill put his design files on there somewhere
                    Case design at https://github.com/philippe44/SqueezeAMP/tree/3.x/case
                    Paul Webster
                    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• merlineng
                      • Jul 2017

Cool - I'll work with the STL files and see what I can come up with. 👌

Comment

• sle118
                        • Dec 2009

Cool - I'll work with the STL files and see what I can come up with. 👌
                        I also have this design which I used to 3D print a case for a nice display. I was thinking of a modular design to support other DIY varieties of the squeezeESP32 device, where the board would be fixed to the back of the case and pretty much slide inwards.

Share 2D and 3D design files and project files with anyone.

Let me know if you are interested in having the original and if so, which format you prefer. I use fusion 360 from Autodesk, so I have limited but reliable options outside of raw STL
                        LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
                        6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

• merlineng
                          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by sle118
                          I also have this design which I used to 3D print a case for a nice display. I was thinking of a modular design to support other DIY varieties of the squeezeESP32 device, where the board would be fixed to the back of the case and pretty much slide inwards.

Share 2D and 3D design files and project files with anyone.

Let me know if you are interested in having the original and if so, which format you prefer. I use fusion 360 from Autodesk, so I have limited but reliable options outside of raw STL

Cool - STEP file is generally best for cross platforms. I'll try and get as much info as I can to start with and go from there.

Tony

Comment

• sle118
                            • Dec 2009

Cool - STEP file is generally best for cross platforms. I'll try and get as much info as I can to start with and go from there.

Tony
                            I have exported the design as STEP. Let me know if that works.

Boitier SSD1322 v17.zip

This is the rendering, in case anyone is interested
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Boitier SSD1322 v15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1569040
                            Last edited by sle118; 2020-12-02, 16:11.
                            LMS 7.9 - 1xRadio, 1xBoom, 5xDuet,3xTouch, 1 SB2. Sony PlayStation, Emby, Chromecast v1 and v2 and...
                            6xSqueezeAmp, several other ESP32-Wrover boards with jumper wires flying around, some with ethernet!

Comment

• NZJon
                              • Jul 2007

I would love to buy a couple of SqueezeAMPs (I'm emailling Phillipe right now...) and be able to get (aka. "buy") and case & knob to put the SqueezeAMPs into...
                              Jon

Comment

Working...