Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Another batch of SqueezeAMP

Dear all - I have already 5~7 boards requested, so I'm thinking about doing another batch of SqueezeAMP 3.x (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ifier-receiver), probably 30 units this time. If you are interested, PM at s q u e e z e a m p @ o u t l o o k . c o m. I think that unless I move that to a platform like Tindie (https://www.tindie.com/?gclid=CjwKCA...xoCWz0QAvD_BwE) it will really be the last batch. I can make more than 30 of course in that batch, so just let me know.

Other than that and if convenient, I can group purchase displays, IR receivers, rotary encoders, cables & connectors. I still hope to find a solution with @chill for the casing.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Woohoo!!!

What do you 'really' want the casing to look like Philippe?

'Loaded' question...
    13 x Classic / 4 x Boom / 2 x Touch / 2 x Radio / 3 Duet / 3 Controller / W10 LMS 8.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by merlineng View Post
    What do you 'really' want the casing to look like Philippe?

'Loaded' question...
    Iím not sure what you mean, candidly. I do like a lot the design that @chill did but I think he has been very busy with many things (not mentioning how COVID messed up our lives) and so Iíve not heard from him for a while now.

Can you help me understand your question?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Iím not sure what you mean, candidly. I do like a lot the design that @chill did but I think he has been very busy with many things (not mentioning how COVID messed up our lives) and so Iíve not heard from him for a while now.

Can you help me understand your question?
    Ha ha - it was meant to be a little vague - I have many 'squeezeboxes' and have been 'in love' 😂 with them for years. Way ahead of their time.

But for this forum and the efforts of the talented few - I would be a very sad and unhappy individual.

I'd like to give a little back...

I employ 30 in a manufacturing company - I have made 'cases' for fighter pilot helmets in the past from aluminium (long story, but they were working on augmented reality a long time ago - and it made them feel sick so they stopped).

I can provide cases, black anodised (or any colour), I also have a Laser Etcher, I have staff with Solidworks CAD, and CAM ability.

I can also provide similar 'clear' perspex if that's what you really want, but Aluminium machining is my speciality.

'I'd like to give a little back...' is what I'm saying.

In return for a SqueezeAMP I'd provide 30 cases... 👌

I'm an ex C++ software engineer and now have my own manufacturing company - making, well, almost anything (Medical equipment / Labelling machinery / Printing machinery / Automotive parts / Tooling for Bentley Motors etc...)

I'd love to know more about the workings of LMS and the Linux side I simply haven't a clue - but I've always felt that I would be broken hearted if the Squeezebox community was to end.

Hope I'm making some sense... I'm on my 3rd 🍷

:-)

Tony
    13 x Classic / 4 x Boom / 2 x Touch / 2 x Radio / 3 Duet / 3 Controller / W10 LMS 8.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by merlineng View Post
    Ha ha - it was meant to be a little vague - I have many 'squeezeboxes' and have been 'in love' with them for years. Way ahead of their time.

But for this forum and the efforts of the talented few - I would be a very sad and unhappy individual.

I'd like to give a little back...

I employ 30 in a manufacturing company - I have made 'cases' for fighter pilot helmets in the past from aluminium (long story, but they were working on augmented reality a long time ago - and it made them feel sick so they stopped).

I can provide cases, black anodised (or any colour), I also have a Laser Etcher, I have staff with Solidworks CAD, and CAM ability.

I can also provide similar 'clear' perspex if that's what you really want, but Aluminium machining is my speciality.

'I'd like to give a little back...' is what I'm saying.

In return for a SqueezeAMP I'd provide 30 cases...

I'm an ex C++ software engineer and now have my own manufacturing company - making, well, almost anything (Medical equipment / Labelling machinery / Printing machinery / Automotive parts / Tooling for Bentley Motors etc...)

I'd love to know more about the workings of LMS and the Linux side I simply haven't a clue - but I've always felt that I would be broken hearted if the Squeezebox community was to end.

Hope I'm making some sense... I'm on my 3rd

Tony
    Thanks very much for the offering, this is very kind of you.

Iím not very good at 3D design, to say the least but I feel the case @chill designed is pretty amazing in acrylic and gives a nice Ďbijouí look especially when used with the white PCB.

Now what is clearly missing is a bigger case that I can really see made of aluminium and that would include a display, a rotary encoder and a maybe a couple of buttons and on/off - very close to what @sle118 has done (I donít have the link handy, but there is a gif in this forum with it). It could also include light guides for the leds, and an optional battery holder. The light guides might be avoided if we accept to use an extra gpio. Today we have 8+2+2 which is enough for rotary (3), display (4), buttons (3). An aluminium body with back and front plates would work well, but I donít know how to hold well the PCB itself,

We probably could keep the back connector set for battery, power and spdif and have a repeater for audio jack. Of course, the speaker connector with screws might not be the most handy solution, and others might have a better idea but I just think that for ease of assembly, direct use of back connector set is the easiest.

If you want to work on that, that deserve at least a couple of handmade special boost SqueezeAMP :-)

Ok - I'll work on that and see what I can come up with.

I was thinking (maybe) an aluminium 'main-case' with an acrylic top so you can see what's going on - lights obviously make it look cool...

I'll probably be asking you many questions!

For me, a case where all the ports are on the back of the case would be an absolute must.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Here's the original SqueezeAMP boxes thread:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ueezeAMP-boxes

If I remember correctly Chill put his design files on there somewhere

SLE118 starts talking about his enclosure from post #112 on page 12

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    If I remember correctly Chill put his design files on there somewhere
    Case design at https://github.com/philippe44/SqueezeAMP/tree/3.x/case
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland