Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    OK, I have installed v7.0.0b6 64 bit and the issue is identical to the one I described with 6.1.0. Upsampling everything to 192 sorts the issue out again.

    I guess from an audio point of view the upsampling solution is satisfactory; my ears can tell the difference between sound and no sound (the original problem) but I am not sure I would trust them or my hi fi system to distinguish between upsampled and unupsampled sound and I certainly don't feel qualified to join an audiophile debate on the relative merits of upsampling (I did a quick Google and retreated rapidly). I don't actually own high defintion music, my source is Qobuz, although I didn't mention that in my original problem description because I didn't want to go down a Qobuz debugging rabbit hole when I knew that wasn't the source of the problem because it all works fine with my USB DAC.

    My techy side is not happy though because things aren't working as they should; the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro should be able to switch between sampling rates without locking up and not being able to play 24/192. I guess I need to take it up with HiFiBerry, if I can ever get a login to their forum.
    Last edited by coyrls; 2020-11-23 at 08:51. Reason: spelling

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,805
    Why not try an image from Max2Play.

    They have an image based on Buster and a setup routine which allows the selection of a dac mfg. One just needs to add LMS if required. It's possible to install LMS v8.0.0.

    No licence is required, one just has to ignore the nag screens.

    If nothing else, a similar failure would provide further evidence to present to hifiberry

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Why not try an image from Max2Play.

    They have an image based on Buster and a setup routine which allows the selection of a dac mfg. One just needs to add LMS if required. It's possible to install LMS v8.0.0.

    No licence is required, one just has to ignore the nag screens.

    If nothing else, a similar failure would provide further evidence to present to hifiberry
    On the basis that even if this worked, I wouldn't move to an alternative solution from the one I know and love, I won't be doing this. Much the same problem has already been reported with the HifiBerry OS as a Roon endpoint and so it is evident that the problem is not specific to one Linux flavour.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Jeff07971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by coyrls View Post
    On the basis that even if this worked, I wouldn't move to an alternative solution from the one I know and love, I won't be doing this. Much the same problem has already been reported with the HifiBerry OS as a Roon endpoint and so it is evident that the problem is not specific to one Linux flavour.
    Not sure if this is any help but My HiFiBerry DAC Pro plays 24/192 fine using pCP 7.0.0b6 and RPi 2

    Code:
    [23:03:53.006009] output_thread:687 open output device: hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry
    [23:03:53.011698] alsa_open:351 opening device at: 192000
    [23:03:53.061018] alsa_open:422 opened device hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry using format: S32_LE sample rate: 192000 mmap:                                     1
    [23:03:53.062100] alsa_open:513 buffer: 40 period: 4 -> buffer size: 7680 period size: 1920
    Playing this track

    http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L...eo-DXD_01.flac

    from here

    http://www.2l.no/hires/

    Hope this of some help

    Jeff

    Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Not sure if this is any help but My HiFiBerry DAC Pro plays 24/192 fine using pCP 7.0.0b6 and RPi 2
    Based on a previous report of the same problem, there seems to be some evidence that the problem is RPi 4 specific, see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post974561. Unfortunately I only have RPI 4s, apart from the very earliest RPi that doesn't support current HATS, so I can't do my own test.

  6. #26
    I am still unable to get a login to post on the HiFiBerry forums but HiFiBerry support have told me that they are "working on this" and that they will post on the HiFiBerry forum when they know more.

  7. #27
    The latest update for this is:

    An experimental patch is ready and will be included in the next HiFiBerryOS release. If this runs stable, we'll also create a pull request for the official Raspberry Pi kernel.
    Once the new driver makes it into the official Raspberry Pi kernel, what is the mechanism for it to be included in PiCore Player?

  8. #28
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,552
    Hopefully itĺs quick, and I can just upgrade the kernel before a full pCP7 release.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Hopefully itĺs quick, and I can just upgrade the kernel before a full pCP7 release.
    Thanks! I'll keep an eye on the HiFiBerrry forum and I will post here when they say it's been released.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •