Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    > Version: 8.0.0 - 0.1.20201109git1597263993 @ Mon Nov 9 15:04:41 EST 2020

That looks like a version from a sonicTransporter made by Small Green Computer. To get the latest code on a sonicTransporter you need to press the update button in the software manager.
    rip, tag, get cover artů All you do is insert the CD!
    http://vortexbox.org

agillis
    Lead Developer VortexBox

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I've been having this problem for a while.

Same type of error

Code:
    Slim::Player::Song::open (480) Warning: stream failed to open [wimp...
    I have already deleted and reinstalled 8.1.0.

I have removed my Tidal account from MySqueezebox, removed the application, installed it back and logged into my Tidal account again.

Still the same scenario.

My server is a Mac Mini with Sierra. I'm trying to play on Android with Squeeze Player. Nothing. Any ideas?

No music from Tidal

Two things to do:

> I have already deleted and reinstalled 8.1.0.

Update to 8.1.1, or even the 8.1.2 nightly build.

> My server is a Mac Mini with Sierra.

Sierra's SSL libraries are outdated. You'll have to either update your
    macOS (which you likely won't be able to do, or you'd have done it
    already), or you build the libraries yourself:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post925539

Update to 8.1.1, or even the 8.1.2 nightly build.
    Now that I check back, I'm already at 8.1.1, which is the one that mysqueezebox.com offers without going to the repo.

Sierra's SSL libraries are outdated. You'll have to either update your macOS (which you likely won't be able to do, or you'd have done it already), or you build the libraries yourself:
    Now it all makes sense! I guess an update was due anyway, so I'll schedule that for the weekend. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. I really wasn't aware I hadn't updated the thing for so long, until I checked yesterday. "If it ain't broke..." some people say (but that's not The Way of The Engineer, so I'm a bit ashamed now).

Did the update to Catalina. At first, it didn't work at all, so decided to reinstall LMS. Now, it did ask me for permission to access external drives. Granted.
    I had to recreate the configuration file of the Chromecast plugin, because I couldn't play on any Chromecast. Now, Tidal works just fine!
    The thing is that even though I granted permissions to access external drives, and later added manually permission to /bin/perl for full file access, I can't play my local files. I get

Code:
    Slim::Player::Protocols::File::open (101) Error: could not open /Volumes/(...)
    I don't know what else could be bumping against Catalina's file access restrictions.

BTW, I didn't do a clean OS format + reinstall; right now I can't afford to do that to this server. But I'm fearing I may have to sooner or later...