X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • callesoroe
    • Jan 2009

No music from Tidal

Two things to do:

> I have already deleted and reinstalled 8.1.0.

Update to 8.1.1, or even the 8.1.2 nightly build.

> My server is a Mac Mini with Sierra.

Sierra's SSL libraries are outdated. You'll have to either update your
    macOS (which you likely won't be able to do, or you'd have done it
    already), or you build the libraries yourself:

Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Preamp Gato PRD-3S NPM, Martin Logan Vista speakers, Power-AMP Gato DPA-4004 (biamp setup).
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Summerhouse: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe
  • callesoroe
    • Jan 2009

No music from Tidal

I can not stream from Tidal at the moment. I can Access my playlists and pick a song, but the song does not play. Get this in the log.

[20-11-10 18:36:28.8886] Slim::Player::Song:pen (472) Warning: stream failed to open [wimp://152661491.flac].
    [20-11-10 18:42:55.3914] Slim::Player::Song:pen (472) Warning: stream failed to open [wimp://152661491.flac].
    [20-11-10 18:43:48.3039] Slim::Player::Song:pen (472) Warning: stream failed to open [wimp://152661491.flac].

I have tried to login/out from Tidal via mysqueezebox.com
    My local files plays fine and radio stations too. So it is not mysqueezebox.com that fails.
    But seems to be a new Tidal access problem. Tidal works fine with my Roon setup.

Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Preamp Gato PRD-3S NPM, Martin Logan Vista speakers, Power-AMP Gato DPA-4004 (biamp setup).
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Summerhouse: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.

Comment

• paulo72
      • Mar 2015

Same here

Was OK last night.

Tidal is ok with native app on my phone, also on a Muso.

Another temporary Tidal access glitch from LMS?

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

No music from Tidal

> I can not stream from Tidal at the moment. I can Access my playlists and
        > pick a song, but the song does not play. Get this in the log.

You'll need to install the latest LMS8 build. See lengthy discussion eg.
        here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?112300 (jump to the
        last page :-))

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• callesoroe
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mherger
          > I can not stream from Tidal at the moment. I can Access my playlists and
          > pick a song, but the song does not play. Get this in the log.

You'll need to install the latest LMS8 build. See lengthy discussion eg.
          here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?112300 (jump to the
          last page :-))

--

Michael
          Have Erlands old plugins been modified to work with LMS 8.0 . Here I think on Dynamic Playlists, sql playlists, trackstat... ? These are very important to me, and the reason why I have NOT installed LMS 8.0
          Callesoroe

Comment

• RobbH
            • Jun 2017

Originally posted by callesoroe
            Have Erlands old plugins been modified to work with LMS 8.0 . Here I think on Dynamic Playlists, sql playlists, trackstat... ? These are very important to me, and the reason why I have NOT installed LMS 8.0
            I'm using Dynamic Playlists and SQL Playlists with LMS8. They work as well as ever, but they do not support online music library integration, so your online tracks will not be included in generated playlists.
            Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players. Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

• callesoroe
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by RobbH
              I'm using Dynamic Playlists and SQL Playlists with LMS8. They work as well as ever, but they do not support online music library integration, so your online tracks will not be included in generated playlists.
              Sounds good. But what about trackstat??? Spent 9 years rating my tracks...
              Callesoroe

Comment

• RobbH
                • Jun 2017

Originally posted by callesoroe
                Sounds good. But what about trackstat??? Spent 9 years rating my tracks...
                Sorry, can't help with that. I hope somebody else will be able to give you an answer.
                Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players. Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

• td19
                  • May 2020

I am seeing this in LMS 8 on Linux today, skipping through Tidal tracks:

[20-11-11 17:25:42.7242] Slim::Plugin::WiMP::ProtocolHandler::new (74) Remote streaming TIDAL track: https://sp-pr-cf.audio.tidal.com/med...3WPBE4R6SP555A
                  [20-11-11 17:25:42.7346] Slim::Player::Song:pen (478) Warning: stream failed to open [wimp://132444705.flac].
                  [20-11-11 17:25:42.7355] Slim::Plugin::WiMP::ProtocolHandler::_getTrack (234) Getting next track playback info from SN for wimp://132444706.flac
                  [20-11-11 17:25:44.6508] Slim::Plugin::WiMP::ProtocolHandler::new (74) Remote streaming TIDAL track: https://sp-pr-cf.audio.tidal.com/med...3WPBE4R6SP555A
                  [20-11-11 17:25:44.6667] Slim::Player::Song:pen (478) Warning: stream failed to open [wimp://132444706.flac].

Have update LMS, this is the current version installed:

Version: 8.0.0 - 0.1.20201109git1597263993 @ Mon Nov 9 15:04:41 EST 2020

Also happening with LMS 7.9:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.3 - 0.11.20200214git1580910396 @ Fri Feb 14 14:57:29 EST 2020
                  Last edited by td19; 2020-11-11, 04:37. Reason: Add re LMS 7.9 also

Comment

• mherger
                    Babelfish's Best Boy
                    • Apr 2005

No music from Tidal

> Version: 8.0.0 - 0.1.20201109git1597263993 @ Mon Nov 9 15:04:41 EST 2020

That's not an official build - where does it come from? It's not clear
                    to me what revision this is. If it's Daphile, then you'll need to wait
                    for an update.

--

Michael
                    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• callesoroe
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by RobbH
                      Sorry, can't help with that. I hope somebody else will be able to give you an answer.
                      Took the chance and installed LMS 8.0.0 on my PI, and everything seems to work fine now. Also Erlands Plugins works fine.
                      Tidal also plays again..... I am happy again....
                      Callesoroe

Comment

• agillis
                        • Nov 2008

> Version: 8.0.0 - 0.1.20201109git1597263993 @ Mon Nov 9 15:04:41 EST 2020

That looks like a version from a sonicTransporter made by Small Green Computer. To get the latest code on a sonicTransporter you need to press the update button in the software manager.
                        rip, tag, get cover art… All you do is insert the CD!
                        http://vortexbox.org

agillis
                        Lead Developer VortexBox

Comment

• DonJulien
                          • Jan 2015

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I've been having this problem for a while.

Same type of error

Code:
                          Slim::Player::Song::open (480) Warning: stream failed to open [wimp...
                          I have already deleted and reinstalled 8.1.0.

I have removed my Tidal account from MySqueezebox, removed the application, installed it back and logged into my Tidal account again.

Still the same scenario.

My server is a Mac Mini with Sierra. I'm trying to play on Android with Squeeze Player. Nothing. Any ideas?

Comment

• DonJulien
                            • Jan 2015

Update to 8.1.1, or even the 8.1.2 nightly build.
                            Now that I check back, I'm already at 8.1.1, which is the one that mysqueezebox.com offers without going to the repo.

Sierra's SSL libraries are outdated. You'll have to either update your macOS (which you likely won't be able to do, or you'd have done it already), or you build the libraries yourself:
                            Now it all makes sense! I guess an update was due anyway, so I'll schedule that for the weekend. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes. I really wasn't aware I hadn't updated the thing for so long, until I checked yesterday. "If it ain't broke..." some people say (but that's not The Way of The Engineer, so I'm a bit ashamed now).

Comment

• DonJulien
                              • Jan 2015

Did the update to Catalina. At first, it didn't work at all, so decided to reinstall LMS. Now, it did ask me for permission to access external drives. Granted.
                              I had to recreate the configuration file of the Chromecast plugin, because I couldn't play on any Chromecast. Now, Tidal works just fine!
                              The thing is that even though I granted permissions to access external drives, and later added manually permission to /bin/perl for full file access, I can't play my local files. I get

Code:
                              Slim::Player::Protocols::File::open (101) Error: could not open /Volumes/(...)
                              I don't know what else could be bumping against Catalina's file access restrictions.

BTW, I didn't do a clean OS format + reinstall; right now I can't afford to do that to this server. But I'm fearing I may have to sooner or later...

Comment

Working...