Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS won't autostart on Windows 10

Was running LMS 7.7 and for some reason LMS failed to autostart some time ago, maybe the last 6 months. I've tried everything with Google searches. LMS is in the Talks Mgr, Start tab, set to Enable. In LMW ControlPanel, Startup Options - set to Auto run at Login. I've checked for a bogus copy of the Startup folder, not present. It runs fine when started manually.

Upgraded to 7.9.3 LMS, and no difference. Still will not auto start. Other programs in the start folder do start up automatically.

One clue may be that in the Startup tab of Task Mgr, under the Startup Impact column - it says "Not measured".

And have checked the server.log file and there is no entry, until I manually start LMS.

Any hints on why this is happening? Likely a Windows issue, but maybe someone else has discovered a fix.

Thanks much!

Doug
    NN7D

I'm on Win10 20H2 with LMS 7.9.4. In the Startup list (Settings -> Apps -> Startup) I only have the LMS Tray Icon and then in the LMS Control Panel I have Automatically run at Login. LMS is not in the startup folder (C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Sta rt Menu\Programs\Startup). With this configuration it works just fine.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.0 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.0 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

I am on Windows 10 and in the LMS Control Panel I use the option to 'Automatically run at system start' rather than login.

I believe that is only to start/run the control panel itself at system startup, not the actual LMS server. To auto start the server, it needs to be set up within the server settings.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NovaNed View Post
    I believe that is only to start/run the control panel itself at system startup, not the actual LMS server. To auto start the server, it needs to be set up within the server settings.

That's not my understanding - its the setting I have always used and I have not had to change any Windows settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    That's not my understanding - its the setting I have always used and I have not had to change any Windows settings?
    I believe this starts LMS as a service. I have this on my main server that runs WHS 2011 and it works fine. The ...at Login starts LMS as a background task under the SqueezeTray task.
    Last edited by w3wilkes; 2020-11-10 at 09:37.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.0 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.0 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Thanks all for your comments. Still puzzled. As some have suggested, I have set and reset in the LMS Control Panel - Automatically run at login, and Automatically at system start - and entered login name and password. Neither work. But the Task Mgr, Startup tab shows Logitech Media Server Tray Icon is enabled, but it never runs, and the LMS icon is not in the sys tray. Unless I start it manually.

I have tried including the SqueezeTray.exe in the Start folder, with no luck.

Did I mention I hate Microsoft?

Thanks,

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by svtdoug View Post
    Thanks all for your comments. Still puzzled. As some have suggested, I have set and reset in the LMS Control Panel - Automatically run at login, and Automatically at system start - and entered login name and password. Neither work. But the Task Mgr, Startup tab shows Logitech Media Server Tray Icon is enabled, but it never runs, and the LMS icon is not in the sys tray. Unless I start it manually.

I have tried including the SqueezeTray.exe in the Start folder, with no luck.

Did I mention I hate Microsoft?

Thanks,

Doug
    Not sure if this will have any bearing on your issue but does the user credentials you are using for auto login/autorun have administrator rights?