Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    When the LMS disappears - is LMS still running on that system ? not just the control panel - check using task Manager.
    Is there anything in the server.log ?
    The Control Panel is running.

I'll check with Task Manager the next time it happens, and the server log.

Thanks.

I'd also check LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    I'd also check LMS > Control Panel > Diagnostics
    No problems for the last 4 days.

No idea why LMS became inaccessible twice shortly after installation.

Will report back if/when it fails again.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

LMS Server 7.9.4 with Reliable plug-on failed today after running for about 2 weeks

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

LMS Server 7.9.4 with Reliable plug-on failed today after running for about 2 weeks -- though the computer restarted several times during that time for OS and program updates. I think the system was up for about 4 days before LMS failed.

Task Manager showed the service as running, same for LMS Control Panel. But the Information tab said "No status information available. Note that LMS has to be up and running...".

The size of server.log grew today to 52GB. After copying server.log to another place, I tried stopping LMS via the LMS Control Panel without success, then killed it with Task Manager.

After the first ~175 entries of server.log, all the remaining entries seem to contain this same log entry:

Plugins::Reliable::ProtocolHandler::__readMetaData (158) missed metadata reading Bad file descriptor

Here's a link to server_175.log and scanner.log: LMS 7.9.4

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by squmhe View Post
    Thanks to all for your suggestions.

LMS Server 7.9.4 with Reliable plug-on failed today after running for about 2 weeks -- though the computer restarted several times during that time for OS and program updates. I think the system was up for about 4 days before LMS failed.

Task Manager showed the service as running, same for LMS Control Panel. But the Information tab said "No status information available. Note that LMS has to be up and running...".

The size of server.log grew today to 52GB. After copying server.log to another place, I tried stopping LMS via the LMS Control Panel without success, then killed it with Task Manager.

After the first ~175 entries of server.log, all the remaining entries seem to contain this same log entry:

Plugins::Reliable::ProtocolHandler::__readMetaData (158) missed metadata reading Bad file descriptor

Here's a link to server_175.log and scanner.log: LMS 7.9.4

Thanks again.
    There was a infinite loop flooding log when an error condition happened while reading metadata on the Reliable plugin. It is still an issue that there an error happening, it seems to indicate a complicated connectivity issue, but at least my plugin should not have looped. It does not happen in LMS 8.0 b/c the problematic code was a stub to replace something that I've fixed properly inside LMS 8.0 but that could not be backported to 7.9.x
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    There was a infinite loop flooding log when an error condition happened while reading metadata on the Reliable plugin. It is still an issue that there an error happening, it seems to indicate a complicated connectivity issue, but at least my plugin should not have looped. It does not happen in LMS 8.0 b/c the problematic code was a stub to replace something that I've fixed properly inside LMS 8.0 but that could not be backported to 7.9.x
    Thanks philippe_44.

Now running LMS 8.0.0.

Should Reliable v0.18 be disabled?