Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Not surprising, actually. For whatever reason, the transport wasn't able to get a "new" IP address, so it got that "strange" IP address, probably 169.254.somethingsomething). Rebooting the router (which presumably also is your DHCP server) may have fixed an issue with its DHCP server while power-cycling the transporter may have fixed if there was an issue.
    No, the strange adres was a regular but in use as a static ip adres of another device outside the dhcp scope. I.e. it shouldn't have had gotten that adress.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Since I wired the Receiver, it is rock steady. Now I need to decide what to do.
    SCALEO Home Server 2105 & piCorePlayer 6.1.0 | Logitech Media Server 8.2.0 | Server Power Control 20120716.103808 | Transporter & Duet & Touch & Boom & Radio | Rotel RC-995 & RMB-100 | Nubert NuVero 140

Quote Originally Posted by mvordeme View Post
    Since I wired the Receiver, it is rock steady. Now I need to decide what to do.
    good to hear, ethernet may be undesirable, but at least you have an answer.

You never mentioned, how did it perform after you did the antenna mod?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    You never mentioned, how did it perform after you did the antenna mod?
    Signal strength went up quite a bit, to around 99 % when o.k. (was 90 %) and to around 60 % when not o.k. (was 20 %). It was even able to connect to the router without the help of the repeater and play without glitches. But it still went into a "not o.k." state after some and started re-buffering. The one thing that is really fixed are the hang-ups. When a static IP is configured, it always reconnects to the network.

Unfortunately for me (but maybe fortunately for the Receiver's reputation), things have just become more complicated. Last night I decided to replace the Receiver with a spare Transporter that I originally had planned to sell. (It does not quite fit on the shelf and is much too high-endy for the equipment it is now connected to.) After half a day of playing, the signal strength dropped to 58 % and it started re-buffering. Today was a bit busy, so I didn't have the time to check on all the network components, but if this recurs, I will have to investigate further.

The conclusion so far is that the antenna mod and a static IP help the Receiver a lot and may even have fixed its WiFi completely.
    Last edited by mvordeme; 2020-12-09 at 14:47.
    SCALEO Home Server 2105 & piCorePlayer 6.1.0 | Logitech Media Server 8.2.0 | Server Power Control 20120716.103808 | Transporter & Duet & Touch & Boom & Radio | Rotel RC-995 & RMB-100 | Nubert NuVero 140

The Transporter is steady, so far. I adjusted the antennae a little, and now it plays at any signal strength. I noticed, that it is mostly connected to the router. I'll try and make it connect to the repeater to find out whether that is the source of the remaining problems.

So far all my rebuffer issues where split in two things,
    1. Connection to Music share on server instable. (windows thing)
    2. Wifi settings (roaming setting, band selection)
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

The Transporter continues to perform without any problems, no matter whether it is connected to the router or the repeater, so the remaining problems seem to have been specific to the Receiver. One nice thing about the Transporter: If you configure it to switch off the audio section when powered down, you can hear when it loses the connection to the LMS.

A few days ago, the Transporter kept re-buffering, and I was only able to fix it by rebooting the WiFi repeater. There is definitely too much technology involved in something as simple as listening to music. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mvordeme View Post
    A few days ago, the Transporter kept re-buffering, and I was only able to fix it by rebooting the WiFi repeater. There is definitely too much technology involved in something as simple as listening to music. ;-)
    +1
    Sometimes need to step back from the computer and discover something new in the music world....glad the ethernet wiring helped. My setup is with Ethernet and very rarely is there an issue.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Bill Clark, Windham, VT
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.1 - 1610364019 @ Thu Jan 14 06:22:21 CET 2021
    Hostname: ubuntu-lms - ProxMox Virtual Environment 5.4-3 | Ubuntu 20.04 focal
    piCorePlayer v6.0.0 | piCore v10.3pCP | Squeezelite v1.9.6-1206-pCP
    -----------------------------------------------

(Not sure if this is applicable to your problems, didn't read the whole thread.)
    I have had endless problems with the receiver disconnecting/bad Wifi connection as well.
    Replacing the WiFi-card solved it; they cost only a few dollars on internet.
    These cards seem to have a limited lifetime, my receiver is on the third card now.