Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Switching to a fixed IP solved it for me.
    Back when I purchased the devices and built up my network, all devices were given static IP addresses, just to reduce complexity. The only device I never managed to assign a static address to was the Receiver. The entire set-up was a pain to administer, so at some point in time, I switched back to DHCP and only fixed the addresses centrally on the router.
    SCALEO Home Server 2105 & piCorePlayer 6.1.0 | Logitech Media Server 8.2.0 | Server Power Control 20120716.103808 | Transporter & Duet & Touch & Boom & Radio | Rotel RC-995 & RMB-100 | Nubert NuVero 140

Switching to a fixed IP solved it for me.
    Dedicated ip adres via dhcp or static typed in the radio?
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Just disconnected again, but re-connected over dinner.
    SCALEO Home Server 2105 & piCorePlayer 6.1.0 | Logitech Media Server 8.2.0 | Server Power Control 20120716.103808 | Transporter & Duet & Touch & Boom & Radio | Rotel RC-995 & RMB-100 | Nubert NuVero 140

I've just been fighting a similar battle with a Receiver.

I too initially suspected WiFi. But it's not!

I have replaced the power supply and normal service has been resumed. I used an old 9v PSU from a Binatone DECT phone set. This improved matters initially but was not perfect. So I soldered a capacitor across the 9v input inside the unit and now it works properly. Conclusion at this point is that these units are not very tolerant of a poor PSU and the supplied PSU degrades over time.

Tony

I may try the capacitor, too, because nothing I do seems to fix the problem for good.

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Dedicated ip adres via dhcp or static typed in the radio?
    Static IP in the Receiver.
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by mvordeme View Post
    Back when I purchased the devices and built up my network, all devices were given static IP addresses, just to reduce complexity. The only device I never managed to assign a static address to was the Receiver. The entire set-up was a pain to administer, so at some point in time, I switched back to DHCP and only fixed the addresses centrally on the router.
    The Touches use DHCP, too, but the Receivers always lost the connection with DHCP. That's why I switched to static(! not designated) IPs for my Receivers, see here.

There's a new configuration tool you might want to try (full disclosure, I didn't test it, yet).

set lan_ip_mode = 0
    set lan_network_address = fixed IP for the Receiver

And now the receiver reconnects without having to cut and restore power.
    It is just those last two settings, right? The rest don't need to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mvordeme View Post
    It is just those last two settings, right? The rest don't need to be changed.
    I think so, yes.

Any hints on how it is supposed to work? When I put the Receiver into configuration mode, it disconnects from the network. The tool does not discover the player. I tried to disconnect the PC, too, and I can see the network provided by the Receiver, but neither can I connect to it nor does the tool discover the Player. Do I have to set up a wired connection between the PC and the Receiver?