Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    A workaround is to synchronize the "Pi running Jivelite" with the other player, and control the "Pi running Jivelite".
    I always keep all players synched. But that would still require me to run Squeezelite on the same device as Jivelite. Not ideal, but can give it a try.

    [UPDATE] Still lost here.. (guess that's why max2play charges money for SD cards that are supposed to have this working by default)

    Have Squeezelite running, started it with -v. Then started JiveLite on the same machine and set it to the new player, but went through every available option and those cute sexy VU-meters are nowhere to be found...
    Everything else seems to work fine, although JiveLite does seem to keep my LMS server busy: streaming hi-res on Qobuz on seven players now is not super smooth anymore...
    Last edited by jeroen2; 2020-10-27 at 11:52.

  2. #12
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    Have Squeezelite running, started it with -v. Then started JiveLite on the same machine and set it to the new player, but went through every available option and those cute sexy VU-meters are nowhere to be found...
    Everything else seems to work fine, although JiveLite does seem to keep my LMS server busy: streaming hi-res on Qobuz on seven players now is not super smooth anymore...
    Picoreplayer provides many different VU-meters for jivelite which are available from the repository. That's likely were you've seen the "cute sexy VU-meters".
    They will work with max2play but you'll need to extract the png file using unsquashfs from the VU_Meter*tcz file and replace the one provided by max2play in the JogglerSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_w.png
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  3. #13
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    I always keep all players synched. But that would still require me to run Squeezelite on the same device as Jivelite. Not ideal, but can give it a try.

    [UPDATE] Still lost here.. (guess that's why max2play charges money for SD cards that are supposed to have this working by default)

    Have Squeezelite running, started it with -v. Then started JiveLite on the same machine and set it to the new player, but went through every available option and those cute sexy VU-meters are nowhere to be found...
    Everything else seems to work fine, although JiveLite does seem to keep my LMS server busy: streaming hi-res on Qobuz on seven players now is not super smooth anymore...
    Select to control the squeezelite instance on the pi running jivelite.

    Settings > Screen > Now playing > now playing views > should list all now playing views for that player, including Analog VU Meter.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  4. #14
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    4,519
    Like this:

    Name:  views.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  160.5 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 7.0.1/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    They will work with max2play but you'll need to extract the png file using unsquashfs from the VU_Meter*tcz file and replace the one provided by max2play in the JogglerSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_w.png
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Settings > Screen > Now playing > now playing views > should list all now playing views for that player, including Analog VU Meter.
    Thanks. I was trying to get this to work on Raspbian (which is connected to the touchscreen). So installed JiveLite and Squeezelite using apt-get install. I guess I could try the same procedure you suggested for max2play, the Jogglerskin is already there.

    [UPDATE] I did manage to get this to work. Thanks again for the support. Main problem was that I had probably installed the wrong version of JiveLite (Raplphy's comments set me in the right direction). There are too many outdated guides out on Google. :-)

    Nice to be able to play around with this a bit and see if I want to make changes to my setup. The VU-meters are cool, but the verdict isn't out.
    Last edited by jeroen2; 2020-10-28 at 13:48.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    261
    Thanks for helping me in this experiment. Back on topic -using a Touch Screen as a controller- I now have two options:

    1/ Stick to my current system: Raspbian, Vivaldi browser in kiosk mode, accessing LMS server with Material skin. (picture 1)
    Advantage: It looks the same on my laptop, phone and the touchscreen. Easy to control all players and access all streaming services on the Touch Screen, and a good looking interface.
    Disadvantage: Using separate Pi's for player/server and controller. No cool VU meters.

    2/ Switch to JiveLite (picture 2 and 3)
    Advantage: I could run everything on one Pi4, using PcP, with LMS, SqueezeLite and JiveLite. And get the cool VU meters.
    Disadvantage: less options to control all players on the Touch Screen. Interface looking a bit more outdated.
    (also the VU meters seem a bit slow and behind, but that can of course be because I'm trying this on Raspbian - which has become a bit messy after many experiments like this)

    Name:  IMG_0631.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  114.2 KB
    Vivaldi browser: LMS Material

    Name:  IMG_0628.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  138.8 KB

    Name:  IMG_0629.jpeg
Views: 158
Size:  188.2 KB
    JiveLite
    Last edited by jeroen2; 2020-10-28 at 15:29.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    Thanks for helping me in this experiment. Back on topic -using a Touch Screen as a controller- I now have two options:

    1/ Stick to my current system: Raspbian, Vivaldi browser in kiosk mode, accessing LMS server with Material skin. (picture 1)
    Advantage: It looks the same on my laptop, phone and the touchscreen. Easy to control all players and access all streaming services on the Touch Screen, and a good looking interface.
    Disadvantage: Using separate Pi's for player/server and controller. No cool VU meters.

    2/ Switch to JiveLite (picture 2 and 3)
    Advantage: I could run everything on one Pi4, using PcP, with LMS, SqueezeLite and JiveLite. And get the cool VU meters.
    Disadvantage: less options to control all players on the Touch Screen. Interface looking a bit more outdated.
    (also the VU meters seem a bit slow and behind, but that can of course be because I'm trying this on Raspbian - which has become a bit messy after many experiments like this)

    Name:  IMG_0631.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  114.2 KB
    Vivaldi browser: LMS Material

    Name:  IMG_0628.jpeg
Views: 159
Size:  138.8 KB

    Name:  IMG_0629.jpeg
Views: 158
Size:  188.2 KB
    JiveLite
    Question on kiosk solution: how do you handle standby or off mode? I presume you are not able to display a clock screensaver?
    Indeed Jivelite looks a bit outdated compared to Material...
    Transporter, Touch, SB3, SB2, Duet, Booms, Radios, piCorePlayer --- iPeng & Material --- LMS 8.0.1 - 1606928904 on Pi4 4GB - Max2Play --- Qobuz

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    Question on kiosk solution: how do you handle standby or off mode? I presume you are not able to display a clock screensaver?
    Indeed Jivelite looks a bit outdated compared to Material...
    Just using the standard Raspbian screensaver settings. It's set to dim the display after 1 minute, and completely turn off the display backlight after 30 minutes (this works regardless of wether something is playing). When nothing is playing Material has a clock screensaver (fairly basic but looks okay).
    (this uses a bash script to monitor screensaver status and toggle the backlight power)

    In principle this solution should work by itself, but I've also added a LED-button that lights up when the display turns off (to indicate the screen is in sleep mode) and turns the screen back on when you press it. (this uses a python script)

  9. #19
    (also the VU meters seem a bit slow and behind, but that can of course be because I'm trying this on Raspbian - which has become a bit messy after many experiments like this)
    I run jivelite on picoreplayer on an official pi touchscreen. My vu meter and spectrum analyzer are very very fast and never behind.

    It my be my perception rather than reality, but I set the frame rate to 60 on pcp tweaks page and that seemed to make the meters even more snappy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •