Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remote Control Picore player using remote Touch Screen

Is it possible to remote control a picoreplayer (rpi with DAC) with jivelite?

I would like to be able to control a raspberry pi running picoreplayer that is driving the ceiling speakers in my bedroom using a touch screen on the bedside table.

Can Jivelite be configured to do this using picoreplayer (as a remote only)?

Thanks

Shane

Yes.

The controllers talk to LMS which in turn talks to the player that is being managed.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by shaneaj View Post

I would like to be able to control a raspberry pi running picoreplayer that is driving the ceiling speakers in my bedroom using a touch screen on the bedside table.
    If you are using a full touch screen, you could also consider setting a pi in 'kiosk mode' with a browser, connected directly to your LMS with Material skin..? (that's what I use)

There are a few ways to do this:-
    Using virtually any linux on the Pi and as suggested using a kiosk mode browser or Jivelite

By far the easiest is to use pCP running Jivelite with the player (squeezelite) "switched off"
    You can add an IR remote as well

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

So on jivelite you can select and control any player on the network?

Yes
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by shaneaj View Post
    So on jivelite you can select and control any player on the network?
    Yes, there's a "Choose player" menu item.

Name:  choose player.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  25.3 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.1 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP v7.0.0b6 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0b6/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

Thanks.. I'll install it now and check it out.

Thanks for the info...

SJ

Inspired by this thread I actually tried this on my 'controller' yesterday (a Pi with thouchscreen). Was indeed very easy to install JiveLite there and control any player.

The one thing I couldn't get to work though was the visualiser. I wanted to get one of those cool VU-meter gadgets that I always see on pictures on the forum here. Is it necessary to have Squeezelite running on the same machine to get those working?
    (I did enable -v on the Squeezelite, but it's on a different machine of course. So I am guessing that the problem is that JiveLite needs to access the actual audio stream for that).

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    Inspired by this thread I actually tried this on my 'controller' yesterday (a Pi with thouchscreen). Was indeed very easy to install JiveLite there and control any player.

The one thing I couldn't get to work though was the visualiser. I wanted to get one of those cool VU-meter gadgets that I always see on pictures on the forum here. Is it necessary to have Squeezelite running on the same machine to get those working?
    (I did enable -v on the Squeezelite, but it's on a different machine of course. So I am guessing that the problem is that JiveLite needs to access the actual audio stream for that).
    The visualizers are only available when you're controlling the Squeezelite on the same Pi as Jivelite.

A workaround is to synchronize the "Pi running Jivelite" with the other player, and control the "Pi running Jivelite".
    Server - LMS 8.0.1 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP v7.0.0b6 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0b6/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi