Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyenl View Post
    Unfortunately I only have a Google mini, rpi with squeezelite and ipeng on my iPhone with playback
    For testing rpi-squeezelite is the best test device as it shoudl have most native decoders and widest ransge of dsample rates. Also you can enable /disable features (e.g.natiev decoder, max sample rate, no https) from command line so all other player limitation can be tested.

I tried setting the bit rate limit to 'no limit', in the hope that it doesn't have to go through lame transcoding, as the cpu in my NAS isn't powerful enough to do this in real time :/ results with no bit rate limit seems ok so far on the radio stream (mp3) I'm trying.
    Generally MP3 (which has max bit rate of about 320kbs) will be played direct by player if it is a http stream. Otherwise LMS will just relay it so no real load..

The shineenc should work - years ago I think I had it working on an Arm processor much slower than yours.

Any other format which has to be transcoded into Flac will have a high bit rate of about 700kbps
    You should only use bit rate limiting when player cannot support network connection with bitrate.

Why do want bit rate limiting ? Most modern devices can manage network connection of 700kbps.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    For testing rpi-squeezelite is the best test device as it shoudl have most native decoders and widest ransge of dsample rates. Also you can enable /disable features (e.g.natiev decoder, max sample rate, no https) from command line so all other player limitation can be tested.

Generally MP3 (which has max bit rate of about 320kbs) will be played direct by player if it is a http stream. Otherwise LMS will just relay it so no real load..

The shineenc should work - years ago I think I had it working on an Arm processor much slower than yours.

Any other format which has to be transcoded into Flac will have a high bit rate of about 700kbps
    You should only use bit rate limiting when player cannot support network connection with bitrate.

Why do want bit rate limiting ? Most modern devices can manage network connection of 700kbps.
    I don't have any need for bit rate limiting, but it was suggested earlier to try to see if music played if I did. Thanks for the advice on trying a simple stream on a non-working system first, I'll keep that in mind the next time I have an issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeyenl View Post
    Hi Ralphy,

you're right in that my synology CPU get's drawn to 100%, so I tried to use the shineenc-tar file you mentioned here. I put the files next to the sox binary, and restarted LMS. However, now when I try to play anything (including radio, which didn't have issues earlier), it doesn't play (I can hear confirmation on the google mini that it receives a command to play something, but then it skips). Below is the log when trying to play the radio stream. If I replace the shineenc again with lame installed via ipkg, it works again (although stuttering due to CPU being underpowered). Any ideas/thoughts maybe
    As bpa mentioned check the permissions on both the lame and shineenc files, also confirm that /bin/bash exists on the NAS. If not, change /bin/bash to /bin/sh at the top of the lame script.

I use shineenc/lame script with LMS on an arm based debian system, so I can confirm it works.
    Last edited by ralphy; 2020-10-29 at 05:25.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    They don't play on Touch either.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Itĺs a YT specific problem
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    They don't play on Touch either.
    I have some tracks, e.g. youtube://www.youtube.com/v/uue_x2Mna24 that I saved to favorites so I pretty darn sure that they recently worked but that no longer play. They give similar error messages in the log file:

Code:
        no player url to unobfuscate signature [20-10-29 14:36:39.4533] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::getSignature

Quote Originally Posted by hartzell View Post
    I have some tracks, e.g. youtube://www.youtube.com/v/uue_x2Mna24 that I saved to favorites so I pretty darn sure that they recently worked but that no longer play. They give similar error messages in the log file:

Code:
        no player url to unobfuscate signature [20-10-29 14:36:39.4533] Plugins::YouTube::ProtocolHandler::getSignature
    Try again with the latest plugin update

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk