Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Squeezebox Radio - Lost All Radio Stations Again - November 27, 2020

Hi:

I apologize if this has been addressed on one of the other threads but as of yesterday (11-27-2020 in NY, USA) I have lost all of my stations again. Can anyone tell me if this is a repeat of the server issue or a new problem? If this has been addressed on another thread, can you tell me which one? Much appreciated, THANKS!

Gerry E.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry E. View Post
    Hi:

I apologize if this has been addressed on one of the other threads but as of yesterday (11-27-2020 in NY, USA) I have lost all of my stations again. Can anyone tell me if this is a repeat of the server issue or a new problem? If this has been addressed on another thread, can you tell me which one? Much appreciated, THANKS!

Gerry E.
    I'll respond to and answer my own question for anyone else who finds themselves in the same situation. I don't know why I lost my stations but now there's a better solution. The Radio.Com app has been added to the Squeezebox Radio App Gallery. Most of the stations I listen too are CBS affiliates which can be accessed thru RADIO.COM, so I'm back in business. I'm pretty sure the RADIO.COM app was not in the app gallery back in October when I started this thread. I'm also happily surprised they (someone) is adding new apps for the squeezebox radio. Now if they would just add the iHeartRadio app, I would get the one station I'm missing.

Gerry E.

Looking to replace my old squeezebox radio

If I acquire a new squeezebox will I be able to set up stations? I am still able to do so on the unit I already have. Is it even possible to find a NEW RADIO?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryG View Post
    If I acquire a new squeezebox will I be able to set up stations? I am still able to do so on the unit I already have. Is it even possible to find a NEW RADIO?
    Yes, one can setup internet radio stations on a squeezebox. Google "Logitech Squeezebox Radio" and you'll see several available for sale on Amazon (through 3rd party sellers) and eBay. Some of these are listed as new in box.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

CBS/Entercom URL change

The same problem occurred for me for the four Entercom/CBS stations that I have in my Favorites list. Through some research I found that Streamtheworld has changed the URL that they use.

Paul came very close to the solution:

http://playerservices.streamtheworld.../WCBSAMAAC.pls
    (....playerservices.streamtheworld.com/pls/WCBSAMAAC.pls)

This format might work for most/all of the stations that use Steamtheworld . I think there are others besides the old CBS stations.
    Here are two more that I had to update:

http://playerservices.streamtheworld...KFRCHD2AAC.pls

http://playerservices.streamtheworld...s/KNXAMAAC.pls

I did notice the CBS App, ( fyi, for your other devices, this is the Radio.com app) but continued to use the URLs. This is because before I bought my first SlimDevice I had been using the Roku R1000 Radio ľ which can only use URLs for internet radio stations, itĺs forte. Like this forum, at the time there was a very active, friendly and tech savy forum to help add to their data base of internet stations URLs.
    phb (3 Booms, 2 SB3, 1 Rec'vr, 2 Controllers, 2xTouch, 2 Radios (1UE), iPeng &UE: itouch & iPad, Squeezepad, 2 SoundBridge R1000s, NEW pCP Server + pCP Player)