Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Won't connect to MySqueezebox.com

Hi,

Can anyone please help ...

I have a Squeezebox Classic which I have not used for a couple of years for various reasons. I recently switched it on an tried to connect to some stations but it won't play them.

I went through the squeezebox menus and even reconnected it to my WiFI (which says that it is indeed connected) - but no luck. There is, however, an error message when I go through the menus saying that it is unable to connect to MySqueezebox.com. If I use the iPad Squeezebox app to select a station then it plays on the squeezebox with no problems - although there is no menu item to actually allow me to save it on the squeezebox itself as before.

I can login to MySqueezebox.com with no trouble.

So any ideas would be gratefully received please.

Thanx

I'm dispapointed that nobody could help me - but here is an update.

When you try to connect to MySqueezebox.com from inside the 'Squeezebox Classic' it says it cannot connect to MySqueezebox.com

If you try to PING either 'MySqueezebox.com' or 'www.MySqueezebox.com' from a computer then it does not connect and gives up after 3 attempts. Also if you use the IP addresses that PING gives you (34.244.111.131 and 52.31.254.173 respectively) to perform a PING then it still fails.

Strangely if you use a web browser to connect to www.MySqueezebox.com then it connects correctly and you can log in.

This implies that there is either a DNS issue, or the LogiTec have removed the service, or there is a service configuration issue.

SO - Does anyone know anyone, who might know anyone who can investigate this please ...

NOTE: I have a friend here in the UK who has exactly the same problem with his Squeezebox Classic - so its not my setup.

Thanks

As a datapoint, mysqueezebox.com is working fine for me, both connected directly or with players connected to LMS with mysb.com credentials. I can't test with a "classic" player as I no longer have one setup. I assume you've turned off everything (modem, router, computers, player (unplug), etc.) then restarted with first modem/router, let completely start, then plug your player back in. That often solves such DNS problems.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by BJSQUEEZ View Post
    I'm dispapointed that nobody could help me - but here is an update.

When you try to connect to MySqueezebox.com from inside the 'Squeezebox Classic' it says it cannot connect to MySqueezebox.com

If you try to PING either 'MySqueezebox.com' or 'www.MySqueezebox.com' from a computer then it does not connect and gives up after 3 attempts. Also if you use the IP addresses that PING gives you (34.244.111.131 and 52.31.254.173 respectively) to perform a PING then it still fails.

Strangely if you use a web browser to connect to www.MySqueezebox.com then it connects correctly and you can log in.

This implies that there is either a DNS issue, or the LogiTec have removed the service, or there is a service configuration issue.

SO - Does anyone know anyone, who might know anyone who can investigate this please ...

NOTE: I have a friend here in the UK who has exactly the same problem with his Squeezebox Classic - so its not my setup.

Thanks
    I've just dug my Classic out to test, I've not used it for ages. It was connected to my LMS server.

Pressing and holding the back button on the remote gave me the option to connect to mysb.com which it did. It's playing a radio station no problem.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

What version of Firmware is in the player ?

How long ago since player was used ? Many many years ago , IIRC there was a change in the default DNS server used by the player so firmware may be out of date and it can''t find mysb to update it.

Can you set up a local test LMS just to ensure the player is up to date in firmware.

edit:

PING is not a good test of connectivity as many sites have disabled it as it was being used in DDoS attacks.
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-10-13 at 05:46.

Squeezebox Won't connect toMySqueezebox.com

> This implies that there is either a DNS issue, or the LogiTec have
    > removed the service, or there is a service configuration issue.

Did you check your Classic's IP settings? Are gateway and DNS correctly
    set up?

--

Michael

My SB3/Classic connecting fine to MySB.com, but I am in the US. Switching between LMS and MySB.com also fine.

Tried both router and SB3 reboot? Not reset, just reboot. Unplug, plug back in.

Also follow kidstypike advice to press & hold back button to enter setup menus. One thing I would add is to completely scroll through/past all options in the menu, now select MySB.com

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback - it was extremely helpful as it gave me some things to check, some ideas, and also confirmed that the problem was within the unit itself. Anyway as I think its probably 2 or 3 years since the Squeezebox was last used I decided to go back to basics and do a full system reset. This I did and it now appears to be connecting correctlyand playing stations happily.

So thanks for the help it was much appreciated.

Regards