Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Playback now working, but TIdal still not appearing in My Apps

Well it looks like with much thanks for Michael (and others), Tidal playback is working now.

I've also updated my LMS at work to 8.0 from the latest nightly, and can see the online library integration working - it's brilliant so thanks again to all who've made that so awesome.

This means that my thread here still has its initial problem only: I still can't get Tidal into the My Apps section on the LMS, or of my SqueezeCTRL apps.

LMS Versions: 8.0.0 (work) and 7.9.3 (home)

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Alex

Additional Information : Tidal Appears in App list only when using Material Skin

Still hoping someone may be able to help me out.

I've now got my home and work instances of LMS both on 8.0.0, and have found that if I select Material Skin for the Web Interface, Tidal does appear in the apps menu.
    No luck however with any of the other Web Interfaces, or with SqueezeCTRL.
    Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks, Alex

Tidal App not appearing in My Apps,and won't play queued songs.

> I've now got my home and work instances of LMS both on 8.0.0, and have
    > found that if I select Material Skin for the Web Interface, Tidal does
    > appear in the apps menu.
    > No luck however with any of the other Web Interfaces, or with
    > SqueezeCTRL.

Anything in server.log?

--
    --

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I've now got my home and work instances of LMS both on 8.0.0, and have
    > found that if I select Material Skin for the Web Interface, Tidal does
    > appear in the apps menu.
    > No luck however with any of the other Web Interfaces, or with
    > SqueezeCTRL.

Anything in server.log?

--
    --

Michael
    Hi Michael, sorry for not checking this prior to posting.
    Below server.log and scanner.log for home instance since I did the 8.0.0 update this evening. In the web interface it reports that the scan is still in progress, but it's been about 90 minutes since the last activity in scanner.log which seems much slower than normal.
    Is it worth totally rebooting the box, or is there a better way to do a state reset for the scan?

Thanks heaps, Alex

server.log:
    Code:
    [20-10-21 19:31:06.7133] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.0.0, 1602925693, Sat Oct 17 11:23:17 CEST 2020) perl 5.030001 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    [20-10-21 19:31:14.5514] main::checkDataSource (1108) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
    [20-10-21 19:32:09.0558] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (310) Error: DBD::SQLite::st execute failed: database is locked
    [20-10-21 19:32:09.0564] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (310) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/DbCache.pm line 310)
       frame 1: Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/DbCache.pm line 77)
       frame 2: Slim::Utils::DbCache::set (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/ArtworkCache.pm line 81)
       frame 3: Slim::Utils::DbArtworkCache::set (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/GDResizer.pm line 566)
       frame 4: Slim::Utils::GDResizer::_cache (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/GDResizer.pm line 546)
       frame 5: Slim::Utils::GDResizer::gdresize (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/ImageResizer.pm line 137)
       frame 6: (eval) (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/ImageResizer.pm line 136)
       frame 7: Slim::Utils::ImageResizer::sync_resize (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Utils/ImageResizer.pm line 122)
       frame 8: Slim::Utils::ImageResizer::resize (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Web/Graphics.pm line 448)
       frame 9: Slim::Web::Graphics::__ANON__ (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Web/Graphics.pm line 474)
       frame 10: Slim::Web::Graphics::artworkRequest (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1222)
       frame 11: Slim::Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 912)
       frame 12: Slim::Web::HTTP::processURL (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 707)
       frame 13: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 122)
       frame 14: (eval) (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 118)
       frame 15: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 167)
       frame 16: (eval) (/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 167)
       frame 17: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (/usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver line 728)
       frame 18: main::idle (/usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver line 678)
       frame 19: main::main (/usr/libexec/squeezeboxserver line 1211)

[20-10-21 19:32:09.0567] Slim::Utils::DbCache::__ANON__ (311) Error: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/artwork.db
    [20-10-21 19:32:09.0573] Slim::Web::Graphics::__ANON__ (406) Artwork resize for plugins/WiMP/html/images/icon_192x192_p.png failed
    [20-10-21 19:32:42.9655] Slim::Music::VirtualLibraries::registerLibrary (213) Can't create the library view at this point, as the scanner is running: Music without online duplicates
    [20-10-21 20:22:42.7707] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.0.0, 1602925693, Sat Oct 17 11:23:17 CEST 2020) perl 5.030001 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    [20-10-21 20:22:46.1077] Slim::Music::VirtualLibraries::registerLibrary (213) Can't create the library view at this point, as the scanner is running: Hide lossy duplicates if lossless track is available
    [20-10-21 20:22:46.6037] Slim::Music::VirtualLibraries::registerLibrary (213) Can't create the library view at this point, as the scanner is running: Music without online duplicates
    scanner.log
    Code:
    [20-10-21 19:31:16.1993] main::main (206) Starting Logitech Media Server scanner (v8.0.0, 1602925693, Sat Oct 17 11:23:17 CEST 2020) perl 5.030001
    [20-10-21 19:31:16.6022] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2157) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [20-10-21 19:33:57.9114] Slim::Music::Import::runImporter (577) Starting Slim::Media::MediaFolderScan scan
    [20-10-21 19:33:57.9120] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::rescan (179) Discovering audio files in /data__/m_virt/flac_hr
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.0706] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (191) Start processing found tracks
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.0712] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (199) Connect do DB
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.0715] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (202) Get latest ID
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.0721] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (224) Delete temporary table if exists
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.0724] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (227) Re-build temporary table
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.1635] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (276) Get deleted tracks count
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.1638] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (283) Get new tracks count
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.1645] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (288) Get changed tracks count
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.1649] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::deleteTracks (519) Removing deleted audio files (0)
    [20-10-21 19:34:30.1652] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (301) Scanning new audio files (21148)
    [20-10-21 19:40:59.4465] Slim::Utils::Scanner::Local::__ANON__ (381) Rescanning changed audio files (0)

> Below server.log and scanner.log for home instance since I did the 8.0.0
    > update this evening. In the web interface it reports that the scan is
    > still in progress, but it's been about 90 minutes since the last
    > activity in scanner.log which seems much slower than normal.
    > Is it worth totally rebooting the box, or is there a better way to do a
    > state reset for the scan?

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with the artwork.db or imgproxy.db
    files. Unfortunately I'm not sure from the log.

Alas: this most likely has nothing to do with your Tidal not showing up.
    Did you enter your mysb credentials in LMS/Settings/mysqueezebox.com?

--

Michael

> Below server.log and scanner.log for home instance since I did the 8.0.0
    > update this evening. In the web interface it reports that the scan is
    > still in progress, but it's been about 90 minutes since the last
    > activity in scanner.log which seems much slower than normal.
    > Is it worth totally rebooting the box, or is there a better way to do a
    > state reset for the scan?

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with the artwork.db or imgproxy.db
    files. Unfortunately I'm not sure from the log.

Alas: this most likely has nothing to do with your Tidal not showing up.
    Did you enter your mysb credentials in LMS/Settings/mysqueezebox.com?

--

Michael
    Hi. Yes, mysb credentials are in and valid (I figure this is needed for Tidal to work via the Material Skin).
    If there is a problem with one or other of the db's is it practical to just nuke it all and start from scratch? There's nothing I care about losing in the way of play count, favorites or the like, so if I could do a full database reset then read from local file tags and online library integration, it could eliminate those issues?

Thanks again.

> If there is a problem with one or other of the db's is it practical to
    > just nuke it all and start from scratch?

Don't nuke it all. Just nuke the library.db, artwork.db and imgproxy.db
    files. That will trigger a full rescan, during which all of them will be
    re-built.

But still: I doubt they have anything to do with your TIDAL not showing up.

--

Michael

Further testing

> If there is a problem with one or other of the db's is it practical to
    > just nuke it all and start from scratch?

Don't nuke it all. Just nuke the library.db, artwork.db and imgproxy.db
    files. That will trigger a full rescan, during which all of them will be
    re-built.

But still: I doubt they have anything to do with your TIDAL not showing up.

--

Michael
    Thanks, I've done some further testing specifically on the "Tidal not showing" element as detailed below.

My top-level conclusion is that it still doesn't work even with a completely fresh LMS install on a different platform, and using a totally new mysqueezebox account. I can't see anything obvious in the attached logs (from the test instance, 8.0.0 on Windows in NZ).
    Does this narrow it down to say my geographic location?

Thanks, Alex

I did find other posts with what sound like an identical issue:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...e-Screen/page2
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-under-My-Apps
    .. including "As I mentioned earlier, Tidal *does* work, but only if it is uninstalled, reinstalled and then launched from the installation. " as I have found.

Testing Details
    Tangent: with my home instance deleting the recommended .db's fixed the scanning issue, so home instance is fine now in that regard - but still no Tidal app on home screen.

New attempt to narrow down the variables with a virgin install:
    1/ In case it's platform related, I spun up a new LMS instance in a Windows VM, with a 2 Artist/8 Album library for quick scanning.
    2/ Logged into my existing mysb account, My Apps on LMS shows only CBC and Podcasts, whereas My Apps on mysb website shows Tidal also.
    3/ Tidal artists and albums show in main library via online nusic library integration
    ...to me this indicates that it's probably nothing weird about my old install, or the openSUSE OS.
    4/ Next, I set up a totally new mysb account, put the new mysb credentials into LMS, then rescanned LMS (with no mysb apps yet) to confirm it had 'taken'
    5/ "Installed" Tidal in mysb with my existing Tidal credentials, rescanned LMS
    6/ As above in (3), Tidal content is integrated in main library, indicating that Tidal plugin/app is fine, but no "My Apps" section at all in LMS
    7/ "Installed" CBC and Podcasts in mysb and LMS, "My Apps" now show Podcasts only - still no Tidal
    8/ Possibly unrelated, by mysb can't see the squeezelite player that's running in this test instance. Maybe a networking thing with the VM?

server.log.zip scanner.log.zip

Can you enable logging for network.squeezenetwork? Either make sure it's
    set to stick through startup, or wait a few days for connections to
    mysb.com being logged.

--

Michael

Can you enable logging for network.squeezenetwork? Either make sure it's
    set to stick through startup, or wait a few days for connections to
    mysb.com being logged.

--

Michael
    Cool, have set logging to DEBUG on my home instance now. For some reason my remote connection to work is flaky just now, but I'll do the same in the morning for my main work one, and the test instance in the VM - no harm in being thorough....

Thanks again, will post logs in a few days time.