Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezelite for Windows / Asio Channels and Multiple instances.

Hi all,

I have a 64Bit Asio Interface here which I would like to use with Squeezelite. It appears in the Audio List and can be selected. It plays on Channel 1+2.

2 questions:

1) Is it possible to have multiple instances of squeezelite? Under Linux this is very easy as you just have to start it twice on a second command line. In Windows it appears that it is not possible but maybe there's an option.
    2) If it would be possible to start a 2nd (or 3rd) instance how can I assign The channels of the Interface. Under Linux I have done that in the asound config. With foobar e.g. there is an option called channelmapping where I could assign this in the software but with squeezelite I have not found anything yet.
    There's no option in the driver as far as I could see.

Thanks for your help

S

Hi again,

I could start a 2nd instance by using a different macadress with -m "FAKE MACADRESS" . So that is working.
    Does anybody know how to map the Asio channels?

THanks S

Zones was implemented in squeezeslave ~10 years ago. You could use that as a guide to what needs to be changed in squeezelite.

Squeezelite for Windows uses the audio_pa.c (portaudio) interface which was the only audio interface supported by squeezeslave.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.