Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHermit View Post
    I've been trying for 2 days to get Max2Play up and running. Initially, I'm able to log into the Max2Play webpage. But, when I set it to log into my ssid, it works and then fails. Afterwards, I'm locked out with no apps to even troubleshoot or fix the connection issues. The OS is simply too locked down for my liking. However, I managed to get Kodi working with a USB library.
    I don't want a headless media server. I simply want a fully functional Raspberry Pi OS with a media server to:
    a) Browse the Internet (YouTube, etc);
    b) Play music (local, Pandora, webRadio, etc.) or video on my TV, and;
    c) Stream that media synchronously to multiple rooms.

Can anyone please point me/us to some simple instructions for installing multiroom configuration(s) of Squeezebox/Squeezelite/LMS onto an existing Raspberry OS? I've been searching for this solution for over a week and don't understand why such an obvious objective is so illusive.
    BTW, just like RonM, I'm a also newbie. Perhaps that's why these pre-baked, locked-down images exist. But, I'd really like to build the system from the ground up and learn how to service whatever is under the hood. I've already got a good understanding of Raspberry Pi OS and would like to start from there. Right, RonM?

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to share some pointers.
    When I started with LMS and Squeezelite installs on a pi I ended up following the instructions from a forum member, here,

http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...layer-for-bbq/

Would something like this do ?

Using the rpi image copy tool it is possible to copy the live image to a sd card (give the copied image a new uuid) .

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Using the rpi image copy tool it is possible to copy the live image to a sd card (give the copied image a new uuid) .
    This VITAL instruction is not obvious at bottom of screen. User will have to edit a pref files to do this - so a few more steps need to be detailed

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    This VITAL instruction is not obvious at bottom of screen. User will have to edit a pref files to do this - so a few more steps need to be detailed

Here is a link, scroll down to

"SD card copier (recommended)"

https://www.raspberrypi.org/document...stem/backup.md

When performing the task the wizard has a box to tick with the option to issue a new UUID

The procedure is also handy, as a 16gb sd card (with perhaps ony 6gb used, can be dopied to a 8gb sd card)

ronnie

When performing the task the wizard has a box to tick with the option to issue a new UUID
    OK - I've mixed up LMS UUID with a disk UUID. I think we have strayed into more technical the OP initially wants.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    OK - I've mixed up LMS UUID with a disk UUID. I think we have strayed into more technical the OP initially wants.
    Agreed

I'm planning a new Raspberry PI OS Desktop build in the next week or so, just waiting for a delivery.

Some good prices at the mo

Name:  good deals.png
Views: 145
Size:  85.8 KB

ronnie

Agreed

I'm planning a new Raspberry PI OS Desktop build in the next week or so, just waiting for a delivery.

Some good prices at the mo

ronnie
    "Out For Delivery" - Three simple words that provide such a thrill...

Not sure who was still having problems, but with no knowledge at all about rPis or linux, etc. I've installed LMS and in some cases also squeezelite on several rPi units. Very simple with instructions (about 30 minutes from start to finish, not counting LMS scanning my music files). But the key is I use piCorePlayer. It is a self-contained operating system, that will let you tick a few boxes to install LMS, squeezebox player, use various pi-hats (for DACs, etc.). Bottom line, all you need is an rPi, a power supply, a case if you want one, a USB portable harddrive to attach to rPi to hold your music, and for software - piCorePlayer. This also has excellent support here on the forum.

piCorePlayer website:
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/

it has getting started, how-to, etc. On the next link page, look on leftside menu for "getting started" How to, downloads, etc.

https://docs.picoreplayer.org/
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

I finally got my replacement board yesterday, and am preparing to set up pcp on it. But I'm still kind of fuzzy on the process to do this headless. I mean, the initial setup.

I'll prepare the SD card, have already downloaded the necessary file. But what then? I'll install the card, connect to the Lan, power up the Pi and... What?

I can't find anything on the pcp forum that tells me what to do to access the Pi through my wired network. Presumably it involves finding the IP address, and connecting, but I'm not sure.

Also, I gather that Samba is the utility necessary to access resources like drives connected to the Pi. Does it come with pCp, or is there some automated way of getting it from within pCp? Anything else I need to know about that?

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I finally got my replacement board yesterday, and am preparing to set up pcp on it. But I'm still kind of fuzzy on the process to do this headless. I mean, the initial setup.

I'll prepare the SD card, have already downloaded the necessary file. But what then? I'll install the card, connect to the Lan, power up the Pi and... What?

I can't find anything on the pcp forum that tells me what to do to access the Pi through my wired network. Presumably it involves finding the IP address, and connecting, but I'm not sure.

Also, I gather that Samba is the utility necessary to access resources like drives connected to the Pi. Does it come with pCp, or is there some automated way of getting it from within pCp? Anything else I need to know about that?

R.
    Put the card in the pi, attach a lan cable then power it up, it should about 30 secs to boot, in LMS go to settings > information tab, there should be piCorePlayer listed there which gives it's IP address, type that IP address in a web browser and press enter. This should open piCorePlayer's web interface.

Then report back here.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Put the card in the pi, attach a lan cable then power it up, it should about 30 secs to boot, in LMS go to settings > information tab, there should be piCorePlayer listed there which gives it's IP address, type that IP address in a web browser and press enter. This should open piCorePlayer's web interface.

Then report back here.
    Don't worry about SAMBA yet.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi