Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viragored View Post
    I think Windows is asking for the id and password you've set for the Pi's Samba. I can no longer remember where I got the info, but my notebook tells me the user is tc and the password 1234 (a combination that Google tells me has been found in leaked data somewhere, so it could well be a default suggestion that I used). They are set up on the "Set up Samba share" screen, kidstypike has helpfully posted an image of his in post #119.
    unless you changed it, the piCoreplayer info is:

USERID: tc
    PASSWORD: piCore
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post

If someone has a contact with the people managing the piCoreplayer.org website, please let them know to edit the instructions. They should also probably include information on the Server Workgroup as that field must have an entry. I used "piworkgroup".

Paul
    Glad you got it working. You are not alone in staring at something and not seeing a syntax mismatch.

You could PM Greg Erskine about pcP documentation, or, the active thread for documentation is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...826#post998826

freefilesync is just one recommendation, there are alot of ways to do it. Personally, I keep my library on my PC, and create a mirror of it on the pcP HDD. So, any changes to the library first happen on the PC. I do this because I have two locations each with pCP with HDD's. Of course, the pCP HDD's serve as a backups to the library on the PC (one being offsite).

Another thing I do is backup my important files from my PC (photos, documents, etc) to a seperate folder on the pCP HDD using freefilesync and samba. So the pCP/HDD is both my music library server and a non music file backup

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Glad you got it working. You are not alone in staring at something and not seeing a syntax mismatch.

You could PM Greg Erskine about pcP documentation, or, the active thread for documentation is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...826#post998826
    I posted this info over in the documentation thread for their info.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

So, I'm finally setting up pCp, and have encountered an unexpected problem. I've set up/mounted a drive (an old HP Pocket Media 500gb), called it "music" and set up folders called "music" and "playlists", with modest content in the music folder. I've been following the pcp documentation instructions, and when I try to specify parameters for LMS (the location where the music and playlists are) everything stops at the point I click apply. Won't let me do a scan either. Tries to connect to the pCp, eventually times out. I originally tried to set this up with the music files at the root of the drive and the playlist folder in that location too, and when it didn't work thought that might be the problem so tried it with the separate folders. Same result.

Note that the documentation to the right actually shows a different looking page, presumably the current version of pcp has changed a bit.

Suggestions?

R.

Name:  PicoRe screenshot.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  209.7 KB
    Last edited by RonM; 2021-01-17 at 14:00.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    So, I'm finally setting up pCp, and have encountered an unexpected problem. I've set up/mounted a drive (an old HP Pocket Media 500gb), called it "music" and set up folders called "music" and "playlists", with modest content in the music folder. I've been following the pcp documentation instructions, and when I try to specify parameters for LMS (the location where the music and playlists are) everything stops at the point I click apply. Won't let me do a scan either. Tries to connect to the pCp, eventually times out. I originally tried to set this up with the music files at the root of the drive and the playlist folder in that location too, and when it didn't work thought that might be the problem so tried it with the separate folders. Same result.

Note that the documentation to the right actually shows a different looking page, presumably the current version of pcp has changed a bit.

Suggestions?

R.
    First question, on the piCorePlayer "Main Page" under "Additional functions" did you resize the file system?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Please do a screenshot on the piCorePlayer > LMS webpage where you've done the mounting of the USB drive to the rPi, in order to show those settings.

Like these:

Name:  mount01.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  59.7 KB

Name:  mount02.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  92.7 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    First question, on the piCorePlayer "Main Page" under "Additional functions" did you resize the file system?
    Yes, to 2000mb, I've confirmed that the setting is in effect.
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Please do a screenshot on the piCorePlayer > LMS webpage where you've done the mounting of the USB drive to the rPi, in order to show those settings.
    Here is the screenshot of the mounting page. There are two available "drives", identical in size, they were both there from the start, the first is invalid, the second selected one is the correct drive.

I had previously posted the other page requested by kidstypike, it's above.

Name:  PicoRe screenshot mounted drive.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  133.5 KB
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

all seems correct (although odd about the first USB drive error). And I wonder why it didn't use "sdb1" as in the earlier example. I assume you browsed and selected the "Music" and "Playlist" folders from within LMS > Settings (not just typing those in, if that is even possible). I don't know how to remove the USB mounts, but I suspect the issue is on how the USB drive is mounted and it would be nice to get it remounted as "sda1" I suspect (just guessing).