Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    @Redrum

Are you putting the bird in the oven now ?.

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    @Redrum

Are you putting the bird in the oven now ?.

ronnie
    crock pot! small one this year, governor of NY wants us to downsize gatherings, but that won't effect the beverages

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    crock pot! small one this year, governor of NY wants us to downsize gatherings, but that won't effect the beverages

Jim
    Enjoy !

And a game to watch later ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hey Ron,

Have you seen this?

Getting started

regards
    Greg
    Yep, and it was helpful. Although I have no intention of using the player, only the server. I didn't find all the steps completely transparent, more translucent, but folks here have been helpful.

Good feasting to my American friends, even if it is in more limited circumstances. We had Canadian Thanksgiving a few weeks ago, and were able to have family over to feast on turkey and pie, and all the trimmings. Won't be doing that for Christmas, looks like.

r.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

I'm finally getting around to setting up my rPi 4 with pCP. I've previously migrated my music collection to a new 2TB drive. When I did that I put all the music folders at the root, not within something like a "Music" folder; Playlists are in a playlist folder.

The instructions I've seen for setting up a server drive in pCP assume a filename for the music folder. Is the fact I don't have one going to be a problem? I'd really rather not migrate all that content on the drive to a separate folder, as some elements of my network are set up to find specific things at the root. I can do it (probably have just enough space to hold almost a tb of music data in a new folder, before deleting all the original files), but it will be a hassle.

R.
    Last edited by RonM; 2020-12-06 at 11:32.
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post
    I'm finally getting around to setting up my rPi 4 with pCP. I've previously migrated my music collection to a new 2TB drive. When I did that I put all the music folders at the root, not within something like a "Music" folder; Playlists are in a playlist folder.

The instructions I've seen for setting up a server drive in pCP assume a filename for the music folder. Is the fact I don't have one going to be a problem? I'd really rather not migrate all that content on the drive to a separate folder, as some elements of my network are set up to find specific things at the root. I can do it (probably have just enough space to temporarily create a repository for almost a tb of music data), but it will be a hassle.

R.
    Won't cause any issues at all. You'll setup the drive to be connected to your rPi. And then in LMS, you'll point it at the music folder, which in your case will be the root of the USB drive.

(not sure this is a problem, as if obviously hasn't been for you, but with all your music folders in root, the playlist folder is also within your "music" folder (i.e., root). I always thought I needed to keep my playlist folder outside the folder containing the music folders.
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by RonM View Post

The instructions I've seen for setting up a server drive in pCP assume a filename for the music folder. Is the fact I don't have one going to be a problem? I'd really rather not migrate all that content on the drive to a separate folder, as some elements of my network are set up to find specific things at the root. I can do it (probably have just enough space to hold almost a tb of music data in a new folder, before deleting all the original files), but it will be a hassle.

R.
    Just make a new folder, call it "Music" or whatever, select all your music folders and drag them into the new folder, it should be instant.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Who would have thought?

Links/symbolic links?

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Just make a new folder, call it "Music" or whatever, select all your music folders and drag them into the new folder, it should be instant.
    or even select all, CUT, then open new folder and PASTE. My recollection is that it happens instantly as @kidstypike mentions rather than actually recopying the files to the new location. This is not changing the physical location on the disk, only the logical path through the file system that points to the file's physical location. (All this assumes that these files and the new folder are on the exact same drive (and partition of that drive) of course).
    Last edited by garym; 2020-12-06 at 12:09.
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    (not sure this is a problem, as if obviously hasn't been for you, but with all your music folders in root, the playlist folder is also within your "music" folder (i.e., root). I always thought I needed to keep my playlist folder outside the folder containing the music folders.
    Yes, my Playlist folder has always been within my music folder from the very start. Doesn't seem to have been a problem.

I asked about the music folder issue because the pCP how-to was very clear about setting up Music and Playlist folders in a raw hard drive.

It always makes me nervous to trust Windows with the logical repathing of a large and important and backed-up-in-a-distant-place data set. Which is why I am in the habit of forcing a copy and then doing a delete. Doesn't everyone?

I guess I could take the risk if I had to.

R.
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)