Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Thank you again Paul. Typing 'date' now gives me 1st Jan 1970, both before and after - no surprises there.
    But how to force correct date/time?

Probably time to start a new thread or go on the pCP 7 thread.
    Looks like a networking problem. My guess is that it is failing to get outside of your network.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Download and install PuTTY
    https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~...ty/latest.html
    Then run it and open a session (login) to your pCP IP address.
    Login using the default pCP credentials (change the password via pCP Beta mode ... Main/Security page).
    Thank you Paul for all your most valuable help. It has taken some time but finally I have my SQB radio up and running again. The solution was simply to reset the pcp time to the present using 'Putty' as you recommended. I had to use the format - sudo date -s "2021-06-30 12:00:00". This immediately cleared up the lack of third party plugins, the several 'timed out' errors and brought both Spotty and BBC Sounds back and up and running once more.

Quote Originally Posted by fmanchu View Post
    Thank you Paul for all your most valuable help. It has taken some time but finally I have my SQB radio up and running again. The solution was simply to reset the pcp time to the present using 'Putty' as you recommended. I had to use the format - sudo date -s "2021-06-30 12:00:00". This immediately cleared up the lack of third party plugins, the several 'timed out' errors and brought both Spotty and BBC Sounds back and up and running once more.
    It still might be worth you posting in the picoreplayer thread, as you are having to set the date/time manually which you will have to do again if you loose power again (and it will probably drift to an incorrect value regardless).

Announce : BBC Sounds Plugin

Good that it is working - but the underlying issue will still have to be solved or it will happen again when you reboot.

Edit: saw reply after posting
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Does BBC Sounds require BBCiPlayer plugin?

Maybe a question for @expectingtofly and @bpa...

I seem to recall reading in the early days of the BBC Sounds plugin that it is (hopefully now was!) dependent on the BBC iPlayer plugin being installed as well.

If I recall correctly @bpa has said the the iPlayer plugin is effectively being deprecated by the BBC so will the BBC Sounds plugin continue to function if I uninstall iPlayer?
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 8.20 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macOS Big Sur
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Focal Electra 1027 Be II Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    Maybe a question for @expectingtofly and @bpa...

I seem to recall reading in the early days of the BBC Sounds plugin that it is (hopefully now was!) dependent on the BBC iPlayer plugin being installed as well.

If I recall correctly @bpa has said the the iPlayer plugin is effectively being deprecated by the BBC so will the BBC Sounds plugin continue to function if I uninstall iPlayer?
    Uninstall BBCiPlayer (and BBCiPlayerExtra)

BBC Sounds has no dependencies on BBCiPlayer.

If you have any "iplayer://" favorites - you'll need to recreate them.

Restarting subscribed Audiobooks

Hi seem to be having a problem going back to the start of a subscribed Audiobook episode from within LMS. If I try to go back to the start of an episode it will start playing from the point where I prevoiusly stopped, the back buttons have no effect....this is the case with the web interface, material and the Orangesqueeze app.
    If I open the same audiobook in the BBC Sounds web page or BBC Sounds app the previously listened to point is cued up however the back button does take me to the start of the episode.
    Any one else seeing this? Any help appreciated.

I'm using v2.18.1 of the app on the latest LMS 8.2 nightly on piCoreplayer 8 as server and player.
    Last edited by gegen; 2021-07-12 at 00:52.

Quote Originally Posted by gegen View Post
    Hi seem to be having a problem going back to the start of a subscribed Audiobook episode from within LMS. If I try to go back to the start of an episode it will start playing from the point where I prevoiusly stopped, the back buttons have no effect....this is the case with the web interface, material and the Orangesqueeze app.
    If I open the same audiobook in the BBC Sounds web page or BBC Sounds app the previously listened to point is cued up however the back button does take me to the start of the episode.
    Any one else seeing this? Any help appreciated.

I'm using v2.18.1 of the app on the latest LMS 8.2 nightly on piCoreplayer 8 as server and player.
    The plugin implements the BBC's resume feature,
    where it picks up from where you last listened to, whether you listened in the plugin or in their app.
    It will start from that point. You can rewind to the start in the normal way using e.g. clicking at the start of the seek bar in Material,. Or long press on the rewind button on the radio and rewinding. Try that.

But you are right, the way I have implemented it, a short press on the rewind button will go back to the resume point. Which is probably not what is expected,. I'll look at changing that.

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    The plugin implements the BBC's resume feature,
    where it picks up from where you last listened to, whether you listened in the plugin or in their app.
    It will start from that point. You can rewind to the start in the normal way using e.g. clicking at the start of the seek bar in Material,. Or long press on the rewind button on the radio and rewinding. Try that.

But you are right, the way I have implemented it, a short press on the rewind button will go back to the resume point. Which is probably not what is expected,. I'll look at changing that.
    Thanks very much for the quick reply and help. Those suggestions worked well, if you did think it was worth changing the 'short press on the rewind button' behaviour that would be great.