Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coyrls View Post
    Excellent, great to get access to My Sounds subscriptions.

One minor point, after a successful login, the menu selections are offset by one, e.g. selecting “Recommended for you” takes you to the “My Sounds” sub menu. Going back to the Apps menu and reselecting Sounds fixes it and gives the new “Sign Out” option.
    Yes, I noticed that offset problem. It was only on first use, it seems to be ok now.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by coyrls View Post
    Excellent, great to get access to My Sounds subscriptions.

One minor point, after a successful login, the menu selections are offset by one, e.g. selecting “Recommended for you” takes you to the “My Sounds” sub menu. Going back to the Apps menu and reselecting Sounds fixes it and gives the new “Sign Out” option.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Yes, I noticed that offset problem. It was only on first use, it seems to be ok now.
    Ah yes, thanks Both. I'll move the sign in/sign out to a fixed position at the bottom.

Thank you for this excellent plugin, and for making "My Sounds" available. In the BBC Sounds app, programs I've listened to are marked as such. Could this also be enabled in the plugin, or could programs that have been heard just not appear in the list?

A big thank you for creating this plugin. The new login feature is excellent and provides me with easy access to my favourite podcasts. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by AngloCuencano View Post
    Thank you for this excellent plugin, and for making "My Sounds" available. In the BBC Sounds app, programs I've listened to are marked as such. Could this also be enabled in the plugin, or could programs that have been heard just not appear in the list?
    For this "Sounds" functionality the plugin will need to start updating the BBC with what is being played. I do have a plan to look at what is involved in including that, this should open up this kind of functionality.

0.1.4 Released

Version 0.1.4 - Minor update to reorder the menus to fix the offset issue after sign in (and promote the "My Sounds" option nearer the top of the menu)

I tried out the sign in and it worked.
    It leads to a related suggestion ...
    How about putting the sign-in functionality into the Settings page rather than the main menu.
    Then you would not need the menu item and if someone wanted to remove their password after signing in then then could do it all at once from the same page.
    Also - if a mistake is made with the credentials then they could fix it there and then in the Settings page if it could return an error.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I tried out the sign in and it worked.
    It leads to a related suggestion ...
    How about putting the sign-in functionality into the Settings page rather than the main menu.
    Then you would not need the menu item and if someone wanted to remove their password after signing in then then could do it all at once from the same page.
    Also - if a mistake is made with the credentials then they could fix it there and then in the Settings page if it could return an error.
    Yes, of course, you are right. At the time it was the path of least resistance without working out the intricacies of how the settings pages worked in terms of interacting with the plugin. I'll take a look at that.

I think "last.fm audioscrobber" (Logitech) plugin does this so might be able to take example code from there.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Dandelion Radio, Europa Radio Jazz, Frequence3, FSK, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Radio Swiss, RTE Ireland, Somehow Jazz, Supla Finland

0.2.5 Released

This is quite a big release. A lot has been improved and there is new functionality.

The new functionality is as follows :

• A sub menu appears whenever you select a playable item that allows you to subscribe to the series/brand/podcast it is part of. You can also bookmark the episode.
    • From the sub menu you can also go to all the available episodes in the series/brand/podcast
    • The search has been improved to use a better API that can also return brands/series/podcasts as well as playable items

There are a number of other non visible changes.

I think the plugin has now reached an appropriate level of utility, so, once this version has bedded in, I'll create a new stable repository and place a version 1.0.0 in it for people who prefer to use stable plugins and non-beta versions, this beta repository will then continue to be used for experimental functionality.