Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    FYI
    On LMS startup
    Code:
    Warning: [09:13:30.1237] "my" variable $title1 masks earlier declaration in same scope at /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCSounds/BBCSoundsFeeder.pm line 364.
    Thanks

0.0.2 Released

0.0.2 minor update to bring the source of the content for the featured "Podcasts & more" inline with the same source that bbc sounds website and app uses

Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    Hi, this is an interesting development - particularly with the ability to browse by category. Having said that, if I browse by category - say, Drama, the results which are returned exceed 3,000 - too many to browse through. The official Sounds website just lists the latest episode with the option to view others. Also, it allows browsing by sub-categories, e.g. Soaps, Crime, Thrillers & etc. Including this functionality in the plugin would be tremendous.
    Thanks for the feedback. yes the browse by categories needs to be more useful. I'll see what can be done.

I have just installed this and it looks very promising. One thing I noticed is that more often than not there is no transmission date in the program description. Would that be easy to add?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

This is great! Seems to work as designed running on LMS 8 on Windows Server.

One request: is it possible to build an authentication system, so that I could have access to *my* My Sounds playlist through LMS? Even if it were to be only the chronological list without the show listened status/timestaps, it would mean I don't have to keep on searching the BBC listen again archive for the latest shows as they come in.

Thanks for making the effort to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I have just installed this and it looks very promising. One thing I noticed is that more often than not there is no transmission date in the program description. Would that be easy to add?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Sure, I'll look at adding that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wigster View Post
    This is great! Seems to work as designed running on LMS 8 on Windows Server.

One request: is it possible to build an authentication system, so that I could have access to *my* My Sounds playlist through LMS? Even if it were to be only the chronological list without the show listened status/timestaps, it would mean I don't have to keep on searching the BBC listen again archive for the latest shows as they come in.

Thanks for making the effort to do this!
    Yes, that is my main aim for the plugin. This is currently being worked on, I hope to have something available in the coming days.
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 2020-10-16 at 08:47.

0.1.3 Released

This new release includes access to "My Sounds" and associated personalised content

Follow the following process to sign in :

1. Add your BBC Account credentials in the BBC Sounds Settings page on LMS :
      Name:  Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 14.21.33.png
Views: 475
Size:  18.2 KB
    2. Select "Sign In" from the plugin menu.
      This will trigger the plugin to retrieve a ID token that it will use to sign into a session from then on, it will be valid for a couple of years. I would advise you to then delete your username and password from the LMS settings as they are no longer needed or used(its good to not leave passwords lying around ).
    3. You will then be able to access all the personalised content including "My Sounds" etc.. Obviously, you would have had to subscribe, bookmark etc on the BBC sounds website or app

This is all still a bit experimental, and definitely still a beta, please let me know how it is working for you.

Next release I hope to be able to provide access to subscribing and bookmarking from within the plugin.

Just installed this plugin (on LMS8, WSE2016) and it 'does exactly what it says on the package', including the latest update with the BBC sign-in. Many thanks for your contribution... not to mention bpa's too, for the excellent iPlayer plugin that this depends on.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Excellent, great to get access to My Sounds subscriptions.

One minor point, after a successful login, the menu selections are offset by one, e.g. selecting “Recommended for you” takes you to the “My Sounds” sub menu. Going back to the Apps menu and reselecting Sounds fixes it and gives the new “Sign Out” option.