Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1062
    Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post
    I've noticed a small issue with "Continue Listening" that I haven't seen mentioned before (apologies if I've missed it).

If I've been previously listening to two different episodes of a show to which I'm subscribed, and have paused both part-way through, it seems that only one of them ever shows up on the "Continue Listening" menu. I'm not sure whether this is expected ?
    Unfortunately, the "Continue Listening" list is completely provided by the BBC's API and the plugin has no control over it. I believe they show the most recent part listened to episode, or if you've completed an episode, they show the next episode available.

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Ah right, I can see I should be calling setCurrentTitle, the plugin doesn't do that.
    I'll make a change and I'll set it to whatever is set to be displayed in line 1 in the BBC Sounds settings preferences. Which I presume would be what is wanted? So, if it is the default ("Programme title, track title when playing") then it will provide the programme title if there is no track playing or it is a speech programme.
    Yes, that's the idea, to enable the programme info to be available via Alexa rather than just the stream name. The change may well also apply to your other radio plugins as well. If you want to do a beta I'm happy to test as I have an Alexa set-up in place.
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Ah right, I can see I should be calling setCurrentTitle, the plugin doesn't do that.
    I'll make a change and I'll set it to whatever is set to be displayed in line 1 in the BBC Sounds settings preferences. Which I presume would be what is wanted? So, if it is the default ("Programme title, track title when playing") then it will provide the programme title if there is no track playing or it is a speech programme.
    I’ve only seen the format to be “artist - title” with a hyphen between them. I’m guessing that was done for devices with a one-line display. The station name does not appear in this as it is defined in the JSON as remote_title rather than current_title.

Release 2.21.0

Release 2.21.0 contains :

• Station Schedule for today is now additionally available from the "More" info menu when a live radio station is playing.
    • There is now tighter precision/audio accuracy for presenting Now playing track data both on live radio and AOD.
    • "Current_Title" is now explicitly set with whatever is in the line 1 (title) meta data to assist with Alexa plugin compatibility.

It's available from the beta repository now and will be available from the main repository at the next refresh later on today.

Release 2.21.0 contains :
    [*]"Current_Title" is now explicitly set with whatever is in the line 1 (title) meta data to assist with Alexa plugin compatibility.
    Thanks, seems to do the trick, Alexa now reports the programme name rather than the station name.
    Location 1: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x3 SB Radios, x1 Touch, x1 Controller : Location 2: LMS 8.3 on Win 10 Brix Server, x2 SB Radios, x1 Duet Receiver, x1 Controller : Alexa Mediaserver Smart Skill, Material Android, SqueezeliteX control

Quote Originally Posted by staresy View Post
    Thanks, seems to do the trick, Alexa now reports the programme name rather than the station name.
    Thanks for the confirmation, the track title should also be reported when appropriate.

Live Text

Is anyone else missing Live Text? It is showing up on the Android BBC Sound app but not on LMS material skin, a Squeezebox Touch or the Android APK? It has been working fine before.

LMS BBC Sounds v2.21.0

LMS Version: 8.2.0 - 1627922070 @ Tue Aug 3 11:39:20 CEST 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.28.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

Name:  Clipboard Image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  33.0 KB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hestbank View Post
    Is anyone else missing Live Text? It is showing up on the Android BBC Sound app but not on LMS material skin, a Squeezebox Touch or the Android APK? It has been working fine before.

LMS BBC Sounds v2.21.0

LMS Version: 8.2.0 - 1627922070 @ Tue Aug 3 11:39:20 CEST 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.28.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

Name:  Clipboard Image.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  33.0 KB

Thanks
    Seems okay to me if you wait.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slartibartfast; 2021-10-23 at 15:25.

Thanks, glad it's not been switched off.

I'll reboot everything else later, major domestic wrath if I was to do that now!

Cheers.

Release 2.21.1

Release 2.21.1 is a minor update to fix a small bug that might of impacted the smooth/accurate provision of track meta data.

Also, there was a small bug in LMS that has been fixed in the latest nightly 8.3.0 that also impacted the precise timing/synchronisation of the track data display to the player's audio.