Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barretap View Post
    I was a bit optimistic to think that the buffering had been solved by downloading the updated LMS. Thank you for offering to look at the log. Unfortunately I could not find a way of attaching a file to a private message so I have attached it to this post. It covers a period when the buffering was happening.

Thank you
    I really am at a bit of a loss as to what is going on. There are no errors in BBC Sounds.
    At the start of that log, it is already quite a long way behind live. Had you paused or rewound the live stream?

BBC Sounds is being asked to stop providing the stream and seek to a specific point. Every 30 or 40 seconds

The strange thing is as each time it is asking to start not more than 9 seconds on from where it asked to start 40 seconds ago. Something is very wrong. I don't know whether it is your player or the transcoder or both.

Is it transcoding to flac or PCM?

I wonder if this is a strange 48000hz thing the player is incorrectly calculating where it is in the stream. As a wild stab in the dark you could set "Hide the audio sample rate from LMS" in the BBC Sounds settings to on.

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Please can I have some assistance with some wider testing of some changes I've made for streaming.
    This new version (2.12.0) is available from the beta repository http://plugins.expectingtofly.co.uk/betarepo.xml ...

Thanks.
    Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.1.1 - 1610364019 @ Thu Jan 14 06:24:07 CET 2021
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.1 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.068
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Working fine for me thanks...
    Odroid HC1 / Armbian Stretch LMS & LocalPlayer
    4x Slim Devices SB3 (White)
    1x Boom, 1x Radio
    2x Joggler + Squeezeplay / Squeezelite + Topping TP30

Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    Just learn to give in gracefully to some "progress" - resistance is, indeed, futile...
    Indeed, brings to mind Douglas Adams (sure lots of people have heard this already but fairly new on me and I think non the worse for being repeated!):

I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
    1. Anything that is in the world when youĺre born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
    2. Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
    3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
    Having recently turned 40, BBC Sounds qualifies as #3

Quote Originally Posted by slurmsmckenzie View Post
    Indeed, brings to mind Douglas Adams (sure lots of people have heard this already but fairly new on me and I think non the worse for being repeated!):
    In my 60s, so definitely
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    In my 60s, so definitely
    This is why your parents couldn't operate VCRs in the 80s. But millennials probably couldn't operate them now

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Release 2.12.0

Release 2.12.0 is now available in the main repo.
    It includes improvements to the streaming including a move to HTTPS by default.
    There is an option to force it back to http streaming in the options. However, if you find you need to do that, you should consider updating to a newer version of LMS and it's dependent components.

Quote Originally Posted by slurmsmckenzie View Post
    I've lived through (all with a BBC slant)

AM radio - always poor
    FM radio - much better, but frustrating at times
    DAB - sounded like a great plan, but I've barely used it. It's graceless failure was a big disappointment
    Early internet radio - poor
    Squeezebox Radio with native BBC radio support - much better
    iPlayer plugin on SBR and app on other devices - lovely, albeit frustrations when BBC changes kept breaking the iPlayer plugin (and sometimes the app, too)
    Sounds plugin on SBR and app on other devices - lovely, but just irkesomely different from iPlayer, some bits better, some bits worse

On balance, at 54, I'm actually happiest with the latest iteration
    Server: LMS 8.1.1 on piCorePlayer 7.0.0 on Pi 4B 2GB with library on 512GB USB drive
    Listening on: 2 x Squeezebox Radios 8.0.1 , and direct from the Pi using a Behringer UCA202 USB audio interface

Quote Originally Posted by AlecSp View Post
    I've lived through (all with a BBC slant)

AM radio - always poor
    FM radio - much better, but frustrating at times
    DAB - sounded like a great plan, but I've barely used it. It's graceless failure was a big disappointment
    Early internet radio - poor
    Squeezebox Radio with native BBC radio support - much better
    iPlayer plugin on SBR and app on other devices - lovely, albeit frustrations when BBC changes kept breaking the iPlayer plugin (and sometimes the app, too)
    Sounds plugin on SBR and app on other devices - lovely, but just irkesomely different from iPlayer, some bits better, some bits worse

On balance, at 54, I'm actually happiest with the latest iteration
    I'm mid-70s and learned a long time ago that, despite the wisdom and humour of Douglas Adams, "Constant change is here to stay!"
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 7 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Please can I have some assistance with some wider testing of some changes I've made for streaming.

Up until now, the plugin has been forcing HTTP streaming. I don't expect that to work forever, so I would like to move the default streaming over to HTTPS. I've made some changes to support this, I believe it is going to be compatible for almost all current users.

This new version (2.12.0) is available from the beta repository http://plugins.expectingtofly.co.uk/betarepo.xml .

You can switch back to forcing http streaming in settings, if you find its not working for you, but I would be interested in seeing the logs of any issues you encounter.

Thanks.
    I think I've upgraded to your new version, but don't know how to find the version number of the installed plug-in. The choice to force http is available, but I don't think it was before.
    Anyway, the BBC sounds are coming through loud and clear. My set-up is in my signature.
    And let me add my thanks to all the others - you've done a wonderful job!
    EDIT - confirmed, Version is v2.12.0
    Last edited by Viragored; 2021-01-25 at 13:01.
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 7 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
    Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
    Library: External USB drive
    Android: Squeezer app

Quote Originally Posted by Viragored View Post
    I think I've upgraded to your new version, but don't know how to find the version number of the installed plug-in. The choice to force http is available, but I don't think it was before.
    Anyway, the BBC sounds are coming through loud and clear. My set-up is in my signature.
    And let me add my thanks to all the others - you've done a wonderful job!
    LMS > Settings > Plugins will display the version number of all plugins.

Name:  version.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  43.8 KB
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi