Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 100 of 103 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1028
  1. #991
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,272

    Unable to queue a second time a program from the start?

    First I want to say I enjoy using the BBC Sounds plugin very much. Thank you for a wonderful contribution.

    Now to embarrassing myself: I have a basic usability issue with BBC Sounds on LMS 8.1.2 - 1618550311 @ Fri Apr 16 08:36:43 CEST 2021 using Material Skin. I have read half of this thread, the wiki, all opened and closed tickets on GH... and couldn't find mention of it.
    Here goes:
    • I almost never listen live. I listen outside the UK. I am subscribed to a handful of BBC1 and BBC3 programs, including "Early Music Now - Early Music from around Europe"
    • I can navigate to My Sounds>Subscribed>Early Music Now - Early Music from around Europe>Early Music Now - The Summer Festivities of Early Music in Prague : 06 Sep 2021
    • I have listened to this program already. I want to play it once more.
    • The play menu item says "Play - 3 mins left". If I append to the queue, same thing: last 3 mins will play only.
    • If I go to "All episodes" and select the same program, again I can play the last 3 mins.
    • If I go to "Tracklist", the first item is "00:01:43 EMN Wk 36 - Charpentier - Méditations pour le Carême (excerpts) - Marc‐Antoine Charpentier"
    • In the end, the only way to get the program to play again from the start is to press rewind once it has started.

    What I would like is being able to requeue an item that has already been played, and have it start at 00:00 without further intervention.
    So how do I do that?
    Thanks!

    (To be clear, I see the exact same situation with all my subscriptions for programs that have been played once. It's not specific to Early Music Now or to BBC3)
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

  2. #992
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    What I would like is being able to requeue an item that has already been played, and have it start at 00:00 without further intervention.
    So how do I do that?
    This is fixed in version 2.20.3
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 2021-09-19 at 04:32.

  3. #993
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    530

    Release 2.20.3

    Release 2.20.3 includes :

    • If a programme has already been part played, there is now a separate menu to resume from where you last listened. The standard Play menu will now always start from the beginning.


    This is available now from the beta repo, it will be available to download from the standard repository at the next refresh.

  4. #994
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Release 2.20.3 includes :

    • If a programme has already been part played, there is now a separate menu to resume from where you last listened. The standard Play menu will now always start from the beginning.


    This is available now from the beta repo, it will be available to download from the standard repository at the next refresh.
    You’re a star
    I’ll give it a go today. Thanks!

    EDIT turns out it was already out of the beta list and LMS wanted me to update and restart.
    So I did and to me your solution looks perfect.
    Thanks again
    Last edited by epoch1970; 2021-09-19 at 08:41.
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

  5. #995
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    64

    Scrobbling

    Hi I have a last FM account and scrobble via LMS. I have the last FM settings not to scrobble internet radio but my live listening via the BBC sounds plugin shows up in my history. I export and remove them from time to time so have a work around. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing so these radio programmes dont scrobble please?

  6. #996
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by The Groundsman View Post
    Hi I have a last FM account and scrobble via LMS. I have the last FM settings not to scrobble internet radio but my live listening via the BBC sounds plugin shows up in my history. I export and remove them from time to time so have a work around. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing so these radio programmes dont scrobble please?
    I know very little about scrobbling I'm afraid! I suspect there is something I should be setting to say how the BBC Sounds urls should be treated as a scrobbling source. I'll have a dig around and try and find out.


    [EDIT]
    Ah, I've found it. I'll get that fixed in the next release.
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 2021-09-20 at 03:09.

  7. #997
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    I know very little about scrobbling I'm afraid! I suspect there is something I should be setting to say how the BBC Sounds urls should be treated as a scrobbling source. I'll have a dig around and try and find out.


    [EDIT]
    Ah, I've found it. I'll get that fixed in the next release.
    That's very good of you. Thank you

  8. #998
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    530

    Release 2.20.4

    Release 2.20.4 includes a couple of bugfixes/enhancements :

    • The correct audio scrobbling type of 'Radio' is now exposed.
    • Some improvements to the signalling of meta data changes to the controllers.

  9. #999
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Release 2.20.4 includes a couple of bugfixes/enhancements :

    • The correct audio scrobbling type of 'Radio' is now exposed.
    • Some improvements to the signalling of meta data changes to the controllers.
    Thanks for the updates! I'm loving this plugin!

  10. #1000
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK/London
    Posts
    4,750
    Listening live to More or Less on BBC R4 - it started at 09:00 (approx) and will finish at 09:30 (approx) but LMS UIs show a duration of 3 hours.
    Right now showing 20:00 minutes played and 2:40:00 remaining.

    On LMS web UI the remaining time sometimes flips between the correct remaining time and the long one.

    The previous programme was Today - which is 3 hours long ... so my guess is that it has somehow picked that.
    The next programme is Four Thought which is 15 minutes long so I don't think it is involved in this issue.


    LMS 8.2.1, BBC Sounds 2.20.4
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin, AllZIC Radio, Caroline Flashback, Cesky rozhlas, Frequence3, JukeRadio, KlassikRadio.de, Linn Radio, Mother Earth, Naim Radio, Nova.fr, RadioBlues Flac, Radio Espace, Somehow Jazz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •