Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Well as long as it's working

I tried using Paul's method, but actually did succeed with the pathway in MH's post #126

I think some are hidden files that need revealing.

Anyway, get a raspberry pi it's less stressful

ronnie

Porridge always hits the Goldilocks spot

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Would you mind installing from the main repository again when that is available (after about 1:30pm I think)
    I've just been able to uninstall then reinstall the plugin (via server settings>plugins). If there's anything else I can do to test, please shout.

Thanks, Simon.
    Last edited by simoh; 2021-07-27 at 07:16.

Music Mix shows as playing but no sound...

I'm trying to play from \BBC SOUNDS\MUSIC\MUSIC MIXES and while the server shows the item playing, I get no sound from either of my Squeezeboxen. Live BBC works happily, as does play it again from the Station Schedule Items.

I'm running LMS v8.1.2 and BBC Sounds 12.19.0 and am outside of the UK and not using an VPN proxy software

I'm able to play these programs from the BBC website or within the official BBC Sounds app.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by Sb42 View Post
    I'm trying to play from \BBC SOUNDS\MUSIC\MUSIC MIXES and while the server shows the item playing, I get no sound from either of my Squeezeboxen. Live BBC works happily, as does play it again from the Station Schedule Items.

I'm running LMS v8.1.2 and BBC Sounds 12.19.0 and am outside of the UK and not using an VPN proxy software

I'm able to play these programs from the BBC website or within the official BBC Sounds app.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Please can you give a specific example of one that won't play. It could be that some music mixes are blocked outside the UK.

I'm missing something on how to control "remembered" programs from a Boom.

From a Boom.
    I'm trying to re-play a "Listen again" program.
    I fell asleep when playing it the first time and it played through.
    Now when I try to play it again but Boom tells me "play - 0 mins left" and I cannot rewind to beginning, nor play the track again.

I used to be able to replay the program anytime. The Sounds plugin was a few months old and I updated it recently and this now happens.

Please can you give a specific example of one that won't play. It could be that some music mixes are blocked outside the UK.
    Clearly I need stronger coffee! The first two Music Mixes that I tried worked happily, so I assumed that all would play outside of the UK. I just tried the errant example from my laptop and it says 'not available outside of UK', however others do work, so it's hit and miss.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I'm missing something on how to control "remembered" programs from a Boom.

From a Boom.
    I'm trying to re-play a "Listen again" program.
    I fell asleep when playing it the first time and it played through.
    Now when I try to play it again but Boom tells me "play - 0 mins left" and I cannot rewind to beginning, nor play the track again.

I used to be able to replay the program anytime. The Sounds plugin was a few months old and I updated it recently and this now happens.
    You can rewind to the beginning by short pressing on rewind on the boom. Or by going to a seek point using any controller e.g. material skin. (although its a bit odd that it said 0 minutes left)

Quote Originally Posted by Sb42 View Post
    Clearly I need stronger coffee! The first two Music Mixes that I tried worked happily, so I assumed that all would play outside of the UK. I just tried the errant example from my laptop and it says 'not available outside of UK', however others do work, so it's hit and miss.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    If you still have the details, it would be useful if you gave me the example, I'll see if I can recognise those that won't play so that I can give a better message.

You can rewind to the beginning by short pressing on rewind on the boom. Or by going to a seek point using any controller e.g. material skin. (although its a bit odd that it said 0 minutes left)
    Doesn't work.
    When I select the program and get the display "Play - 0 minutes left".
    I have to press play. I then get about 5 secs of end of program.
    If left alone it then stop.s
    If I press rewind briefly - I get the same 5 secs and then stops.
    If I press rewind and get timebar and then use knob to go back to a time point, I get last 5 secs and then stops.

Name:  Screenshot_2021-08-12 Logitech Media Server.png
Views: 66
Size:  55.9 KB
    Last edited by bpa; 2021-08-12 at 11:18.

It seems to be a similar problem to the one in post 888 https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...=1#post1027528
    Maybe a boundary issue with zero minutes left.

Is it possible to disable the BBC resume fuictionality ? even just to test.