Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
    Quote Originally Posted by slurmsmckenzie View Post
    If you click on any of them it takes you back to the BBC website (not Sounds) and shows "Sorry, this episode is not currently available". EDIT - apologies though, that doesn't match what I said about not being able to find them! I thought I'd searched the website a few weeks back and didn't return anything. Maybe I was just searching podcasts or something, dont' know.

iPlayer Extras is getting them from somewhere that Sounds doesn't seem to be able to? Was just listening to one this evening, URL is:

URL: http://aod-pod-uk-live.bbcfmt.s.llnw...50492530fc4957

Not really that important or anything, was just curious!
    This explains it I suppose.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/qu.../find-podcasts

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Guess so, does feel like Sounds isn't a "full" replacement for iPlayer - not that anyone told me it should be mind, I guess I just had the expectation that it would have all the BBC podcasts I could get in iPlayer! EDIT - just to clarify here, I'm on about BBC Sounds as a whole, not the excellent LMS plugin!

@bpa
    There is also a BBC Sounds subscribe link https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/brand02l57gq
    I mentioned that before, it goes nowhere (I am in the UK BTW):

Name:  sounds_a+j.PNG
Views: 22
Size:  19.8 KB

I suspect this URL and the "programmes" URL are pre RMS (the API BBC Sounds uses) and as such are leftovers and so haven't been fully integrated into Sounds.
    Thanks for the info, guess that's the gap here. Shame, but not really a big deal - I'll get them downloaded and listen to them locally!
    Last edited by slurmsmckenzie; Today at 07:47.

Quote Originally Posted by slurmsmckenzie View Post
    Guess so, does feel like Sounds isn't a "full" replacement for iPlayer - not that anyone told me it should be mind, I guess I just had the expectation that it would have all the BBC podcasts I could get in iPlayer! EDIT - just to clarify here, I'm on about BBC Sounds as a whole, not the excellent LMS plugin!
    Strictly speaking podcast are not part of BBCiPlayer - I just included podcasts in plugin as they were all BBC but a totally different source.

I think Podcast library database was separate from BBCiPlayer and is still separate from Sounds.

I mentioned that before, it goes nowhere (I am in the UK BTW):
    Sorry - I was just going down rabbit holes of the BBC and thought subscribe issue was because I wasn't signed in. I suggest posting the problem to BBC - a bad link is not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Strictly speaking podcast are not part of BBCiPlayer - I just included podcasts in plugin as they were all BBC but a totally different source.

I think Podcast library database was separate from BBCiPlayer and is still separate from Sounds.

Sorry - I was just going down rabbit holes of the BBC and thought subscribe issue was because I wasn't signed in. I suggest posting the problem to BBC - a bad link is not helpful.
    Ah, thanks again bpa - so it was your excellent iPlayer plugin for LMS that made me think podcasts were standard for iPlayer, but they were just an added bonus of the plug-in! Hmm, an "extra" I guess you might say... iPlayer Extras.... starting to make sense now :-)

I'll see about reporting the broken link to the BBC.