Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 535
  1. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Verulam View Post
    Thank you for your hard work on this plugin.

    When I play radio 3 in the iplayer plugin, I get the details of current piece of music playing as text, as well as the name of the program plus its description.

    However, when I play radio 3 in the BBC Sounds plugin, I just get the name of the program as well as a description of the program without details of the current music being played.

    Is this a functionality that can be added to the BBC Sounds plugin?
    Yes, that is currently being worked on, and should be in the next release

  2. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    254
    Hi. Loving this plugin, thank you.

    I wonder if there is a way in which browsing can be made easier? You kindly included browsing by category which is a big help but I wonder if there can be a further refinement?

    For example, if I browse all speech and then drama and then crime the first page is taken up chiefly with 10 episodes of 'Broken English'. At the bottom of the page I am invited to click on the next 30 to 60 of 207. That is potentially a lot of browsing! It would be helpful if initially only the programme series were shown and then by clicking on that the individual episodes are shown. This would make browsing so much easier and still enable individual episodes to be played. Does that make sense?

    Thanks for all your work, it is appreciated.

  3. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    Hi. Loving this plugin, thank you.

    I wonder if there is a way in which browsing can be made easier? You kindly included browsing by category which is a big help but I wonder if there can be a further refinement?

    For example, if I browse all speech and then drama and then crime the first page is taken up chiefly with 10 episodes of 'Broken English'. At the bottom of the page I am invited to click on the next 30 to 60 of 207. That is potentially a lot of browsing! It would be helpful if initially only the programme series were shown and then by clicking on that the individual episodes are shown. This would make browsing so much easier and still enable individual episodes to be played. Does that make sense?

    Thanks for all your work, it is appreciated.
    Yes, agreed, the category browsing is not quite useful enough. I'll see what's available to make it easier, and also have a look how the official BBC Sounds app does it.

  4. #194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Yes, agreed, the category browsing is not quite useful enough. I'll see what's available to make it easier, and also have a look how the official BBC Sounds app does it.
    Thank you. If you look at the BBC iPlayer Extras plugin you will see what I mean, although your plugin helpfully offers the sub-categories which Extras doesn't.

  5. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    19,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    Thank you. If you look at the BBC iPlayer Extras plugin you will see what I mean, although your plugin helpfully offers the sub-categories which Extras doesn't.
    Eztras uses an old BBC interface A-Z which delivers with all iPlayer programs but plugin filters out TV ones. BBC have said many times it will be removed. A while back I looked in the RMS API as I thought the info was derived using RMS couldn't see how. Maybe it is different now.

    I think Extra categories are take from the same source but they have to be added manually. I just added the top ones and the ones requested - some users don't like big menus.

  6. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    264

    Release 2.6.0

    Version 2.6.0 includes the following :

    New Features:
    • "Now Playing" track information added to live streams and audio-on-demand catch up streams.


    Bug Fixes:
    • Fixed an issue with paused live streams restarting correctly.



    For the "now playing" info, I settled on displaying it on a 4 to 2 ratio with how the audio data arrives. Which basically equates to an alternating display of 26 seconds for the programme title and 13 seconds for the currently playing track information. This seemed to strike the right balance between aesthetically pleasing and useful. Hopefully it works for you too.

  7. #197
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    8
    Thank for the updates in 2.6.0 to show now playing information. This works well, although I would prefer a longer now playing, compared with programme title, as the current music is more important for radio 3 listeners than knowing you are listening to the evening concert.

    And now onto the next ask...

    Is it possible to have the option for a three line display, so that the now playing information can be shown as well as the program title?

  8. #198
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Verulam View Post

    Is it possible to have the option for a three line display, so that the now playing information can be shown as well as the program title?
    Yes, I'll have a look at that. The plugin is not currently using the 3rd line ("Album") at all, so I'm sure something can be done.
    Last edited by expectingtofly; 2020-11-25 at 09:37.

  9. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Shozzer View Post
    Hi. Loving this plugin, thank you.

    I wonder if there is a way in which browsing can be made easier? You kindly included browsing by category which is a big help but I wonder if there can be a further refinement?

    For example, if I browse all speech and then drama and then crime the first page is taken up chiefly with 10 episodes of 'Broken English'. At the bottom of the page I am invited to click on the next 30 to 60 of 207. That is potentially a lot of browsing! It would be helpful if initially only the programme series were shown and then by clicking on that the individual episodes are shown. This would make browsing so much easier and still enable individual episodes to be played. Does that make sense?

    Thanks for all your work, it is appreciated.
    I've had a quick look at this. It essentially is working the same as the BBC website and Sounds App. So the plugin is showing the same number to browse through. The difference is the plugin is sorting by "Release date", whereas the website/app defaults to sorting by "popular" so that you don't get bunching of episodes all released together. I'll switch to sorting by "popular" in the next release, then look to adding more options for changing the sort order that you can browse through as a longer term solution.

  10. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    I've had a quick look at this. It essentially is working the same as the BBC website and Sounds App. So the plugin is showing the same number to browse through. The difference is the plugin is sorting by "Release date", whereas the website/app defaults to sorting by "popular" so that you don't get bunching of episodes all released together. I'll switch to sorting by "popular" in the next release, then look to adding more options for changing the sort order that you can browse through as a longer term solution.
    Looking forward to testing this when it is available. Thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •