Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1257
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Might be related to this ?

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2022/02/bbc...s-for-28-days/

Perhaps the geo-lock is for this time period ?

ronnie
    Do you think the BBC are trying to get more people using Sounds by limiting access? It wouldn't surprise me

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I think that as long as analogue transmissions survive; the BBC I grew up with, will still be an independent (relatively speaking with regard to funding and politics) public service broadcaster.

[URL]https://radiotoday.co.uk/2022/07/licence-to-change-bbc-future-funding-report-welcomed/[/URL

Podcasts are; IMO, both a blessing and a curse

I don't want to go off thread too much

ronnie
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2022-07-21 at 13:14.

Thanks all for your input; this is THE best forum I've been a reader of for resolving things quickly and with grace.
    I have edited my OP with resolved, and in the interim I'm recording 'of air' hmm of air or off air duno anyway thanks to another great FOSS project tvheadend I will have my programmes.

Regards S

Quote Originally Posted by strebor56 View Post
    Thanks all for your input; this is THE best forum I've been a reader of for resolving things quickly and with grace.
    I have edited my OP with resolved, and in the interim I'm recording 'of air' hmm of air or off air duno anyway thanks to another great FOSS project tvheadend I will have my programmes.

Regards S
    I believe episode 1 of the Infinite Monkey Cage is now available internationally on BBC Sounds. https://twitter.com/themonkeycage/st...Qq6CSK7nA&s=19

I'm not sure why there is a delay.
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
    BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

For BBC Sounds help see the BBC Sounds Wiki.

Release 2.25.3

Release 2.25.3 has a small bug fix that was preventing proper error handling when audio is not available (e.g. when the audio is geo locked and not available in a location).
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :
    BBC Sounds, Global Player (UK), Times Radio, UK Radio Player, Virgin Radio (UK) and the Radio Favourites Plugin

Quote Originally Posted by expectingtofly View Post
    Release 2.25.3 has a small bug fix that was preventing proper error handling when audio is not available (e.g. when the audio is geo locked and not available in a location).
    and here I am to ask if you'd consider adding this... and it's there already. Good job the Commonwealth Games are over.

On a tangent. My LMS has died, I have unrelated BBC Sounds errors in the log shown in this thread, any ideas?
    ---------------------------
    https://ctproduced.com < Creed Taylor/CTI/KUDU
    http://markcathcart.com/about

Running LMS Server, currently V8.3.0 - 1659590348 on Headless WIN10 System; music on Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.

Yeah, not sure what's going on there, it is usually only sports broadcasts that they geo-locked. I wonder if the BBC have done some kind of deal with a podcast company for the very popular "Infinite Monkey Cage" for international distribution? I know Brian Cox and Robin Ince have just done a massive arena tour of the USA.
    Yes the BBC Geo lock is applied very broadly and indiscriminately. They block whole channels of their own radio stations that typically don't broadcast sport just to avoid non-UK listeners hearing results on the news bulletins. I've had this discussion with them at an informal level as my daughter used to work for BBC World Service business development.

The net net is they don't care, since we are outside the UK, we effectively pay nothing and the risk of upsetting broadcasters, especially NBC Sports, is too great.

I just wish the BBC would offer an "International license" or subscription, they won't do that either for the same reason. It's a tacit acknowledgement that selling distribution rights to overseas broadcasters and streaming platforms brings in much more money than they feel they'd get from individuals.

Running LMS Server, currently V8.3.0 - 1659590348 on Headless WIN10 System; music on Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.

Quote Originally Posted by cathcam View Post
    and here I am to ask if you'd consider adding this... and it's there already. Good job the Commonwealth Games are over.

On a tangent. My LMS has died, I have unrelated BBC Sounds errors in the log shown in this thread, any ideas?
    I believe those are warnings that happen on Windows machines on start up. I don't think they are anything to worry about or have any impact, but I will fire up a windows machine at some point to diagnose them.
    Stuart McLean

ExpectingToFly Plugins :

I believe those are warnings that happen on Windows machines on start up. I don't think they are anything to worry about or have any impact, but I will fire up a windows machine at some point to diagnose them.
    My problem seems to be Windows Anti-virus.

I have a dedicated i7 12Gb memory system I'd be happy to use for debug/testing if that would help?

t (377) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.3.0, 1659590348, Thu Aug 4 07:20:03 WEDT 2022) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
    [22-08-10 09:56:15.8919] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning: [09:56:15.8916] DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Query returned more than one row. SQL that returns multiple rows is DEPRECATED for ->find and ->single at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Slim/Schema.pm line 1927
    [22-08-10 09:56:17.7356] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning: [09:56:17.7354] Constant subroutine Plugins::BBCSounds::ProtocolHandler::EINTR redefined at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Export er/Lite.pm line 56.
    [22-08-10 09:56:17.7359] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning: [09:56:17.7357] Constant subroutine Plugins::BBCSounds::ProtocolHandler::ECHILD redefined at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Export er/Lite.pm line 56.
    [22-08-10 09:56:17.7361] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning: [09:56:17.7359] Constant subroutine Plugins::BBCSounds::ProtocolHandler::EBADF redefined at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SQUEEZ~3.EXE>Export er/Lite.pm line 56.

Bbc sounds expanding